Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Amusing News Stories

Obviously not amusing that people have lost their lives, but the lack of communication sounds all a bit keystone cops!

Five police officers in Ukraine have been killed by friendly fire during a botched operation to arrest robbers, an interior ministry official has said.
The overnight shoot-out between two sets of police began when each side believed the other to be criminals.
It happened near Kiev and has been described as a "heartbreaking tragedy". 
The gunfight began when a burglar alarm went off by chance in the house next door to one being staked out by two undercover policemen.
A separate unit then arrived to investigate the alarm, in the small town of Knyazhychi, and detained the pair, mistaking them for robbers. 
But the back-up unit for the two men apparently feared they had been confronted by the thieves and tried to rescue them. 
Interior ministry adviser Anton Herashchenko said those suspected of being the real burglars - who were nearby - heard the gun battle and fled in two vehicles. 
The three were arrested soon afterwards with firearms in the capital, Kiev, the Kyiv Post reported, and it is expected they will be charged with numerous criminal offences. 
The former chief of national police Khatia Dekanoidze described the shooting as a "heartbreaking tragedy", the paper reported. 

OK, time to put away the razors and waxing strips, lads....

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/shaving-pubic-hairs-related-stis-study-article-1.2900858

"You may want to keep some grass on the field.If you like things down below as smooth as a baby’s bottom, you may want to rethink things. A new study reports that people who regularly groom their pubic hair are 75% more likely to develop a sexually transmitted infection than non-groomers". 

• 3 months later...
28 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Oh good, which one did you end up getting?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CRATER-DELUXE-Professional-Vaporizer-Manufacturer/dp/B01ARV3TQ8/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1489779838&sr=8-8&keywords=dry+herb+vaporizer

Ironically, though, I've cut back to my normal usage now that things are less stressful.

I think the missus is getting more use out of it than I am.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Apology to Cardiff priests over stag party mix-up at pub
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-40792962

Pub bosses have apologised after asking a group of priests to leave their Cardiff venue, mistaking them for a stag party in fancy dress.

The seven Roman Catholic priests had gone to The City Arms to toast Father Peter McClaren being ordained when they were initially asked to move on.

But assistant manager Matt Morgan said they received a free round of drinks when the situation was explained.

"They were all dressed in their black and white clothes," he said.

"The staff thought they were a stag. We do have quite a few issues on the weekends with parties wearing fancy dress so it is our policy to turn them away."

Edited by MPH

The Queen is revealed to be a binge-drinker: https://www.indy100.com/article/queen-elizabeth-ii-margaret-rhodes-drinking-independent-story-2012-7873091

"According to Margaret Rhodes, the Queen's cousin, HM's alcohol intake never varies. She takes a gin and Dubonnet before lunch, with a slice of lemon and a lot of ice. She will take wine with lunch and a dry Martini and a glass of champagne in the evening. That comes to 6 units per day, which would make Her Majesty a binge drinker by government standards. Using the NHS alcohol units and calories calculator, this is actually closer to 5.8 units per day. The government states that men and women should not exceed 14 units per week. If Rhodes is correct, and this is indeed how much Queen Elizabeth drinks per day, then she is on 40.6 units per week".

A pisshead just like her Ma! Your very good health, Ma'am! :D

yui-mok-wpa-getty-0.jpg

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A litter of piglets whose bacon was saved from a barn fire has been served up as dinner to the firefighters who rescued them.
The 18 piglets and two sows survived the fire in Wiltshire in February, which saw 60 tonnes of hay catch fire.
In a potentially controversial move, farmer Rachel Rivers thanked the Pewsey fire team by giving them sausages.
She said: "I'm sure vegetarians will hate this." The firefighters however said the bangers were "fantastic".
More reaction to this story and other news from across the West of England.
The animals were given a six-month stay of execution when they were rescued from the farm at Milton Lilbourne.
But, having been reared for meat they have since been slaughtered and the sausages were delivered to the fire station team, which barbecued them.
"I wanted to thank them. I promised them at the time I'd bring down some sausages for them, which they were all pleased about," Ms Rivers said.
Asked if she though this was a "strange or unusual" way of saying thanks, she said farming is her livelihood and way of life.
"I gave those animals the best quality of life I could ever give until the time they go to slaughter and they go into the food chain.
"You do feel sad at the end of it... but to bring them down for their [the firefighters] Monday night practice was a good way of saying 'thank you'."
The delighted firefighters said the sausages were "highly recommended".
A spokesman for Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Our thanks to the farmer for her generosity. We can tell no porkies, the sausages were fantastic."

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

"Man falls off bridge and dies after jumping for joy when girlfriend says yes to marriage proposal"

Tragic and shouldn't laugh - but lollollol 

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/06/proposing-man-falls-off-bridge-and-dies-after-jumping-for-joy-when-girlfriend-said-yes-6908317/

Well that certainly brought him back down to earth!

...I'll show myself out