Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Amusing News Stories

Monster 'fatberg' found blocking east London sewer

12 September 2017

_97767785_image1.png

A 250-metre long "fatberg" weighing 130 tonnes has been found blocking a sewer.

The solid mass of congealed fat, wet wipes, nappies, oil and condoms formed in the Victorian-era tunnel in Whitechapel, London.

Thames Water described it as one of the largest it had seen and says it will take three weeks to remove.

The company's head of waste networks Matt Rimmer said: "It's a total monster and taking a lot of manpower and machinery to remove as it's set hard."

The company says fatbergs form when people put things down sinks and toilets that they shouldn't.

Eight workers will break up the mass with high-pressure hoses

"It's basically like trying to break up concrete," Mr Rimmer said.

"It's frustrating as these situations are totally avoidable and caused by fat, oil and grease being washed down sinks and wipes flushed down the loo.

"The sewers are not an abyss for household rubbish and our message to everyone is clear - please bin it - don't block it."

Fatberg in numbers

250 metres

130 tonnes

6 metres longer than Tower Bridge

The same weight as:

520,000 packets of lard

11 double decker buses

Thames Water

Work at Whitechapel Road to remove the immense fatberg started this week.

Eight workers will break up the mass with high-pressure hoses, suck up the pieces into tankers and take it to a recycling site in Stratford.

In 2013, Thames Water found a bus-size fatberg in a sewer in Kingston.

Not so much a news story but I saw this in the Merc and couldn't help but laugh...

Marcus' on/off girlfriend Paige looked on miserably from backstage as Jeremy read out a bizarre anecdote about a night out Marcus had with best mate Phil.

And it was all revealed to have taken place in none other than Leicester.

"We've gone back to the hotel and I was halfway through the deed and [he] ran in and he's got his doner kebab and I was like: 'bro, go on then mate'.

His girlfriend, Paige, did not look happy

The host when on to describe more of the charming bloke's escapades, including a text he sent to Ellessia saying "'I want to 'something' you with a Sky remote'".

"You want to do what to her?" Jeremy exclaimed. "Why does it have to be with a Sky remote?!"

Marcus said: "I dunno mate, it was the first thing that popped into my head. I was drunk, weren't I?"

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/celebs-tv/bizarre-jeremy-kyle-episode-goes-469302

Edited by ajthefox

• 3 weeks later...

Suspect's farts halt police interview:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41950775

A man's police interrogation in Kansas, Missouri was ended prematurely after he began answering questions by farting, according to local reports.

Sean Sykes Jnr is facing federal gun and drug charges after being pulled over twice by police in Kansas City.

He was initially released in September, but taken back into custody this month.

Explosive new details have now emerged of Mr Sykes's original interview in September that was brought to an abrupt end.

According to the Kansas City Star newspaper, a detective's report said Mr Sykes "leaned to one side of his chair and released a loud fart" when asked for his address by police while being interviewed in September.

"Mr Sykes continued to be flatulent and I ended the interview," the detective wrote after recovering.

No charges were filed at the time after Mr Sykes denied knowledge of the items, but the 24-year-old was pulled over again this month. He was charged with stolen firearm offences and possession with intent to sell cocaine.

The detective's report emerged during a court appearance on Monday.

• Haha 2

On 17/11/2017 at 20:18, separator said:

US Navy pilot draws a giant cock in the sky

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/42032629

Brilliant lol

Bit concerned about the following quote mind you:

But one householder told KREM 2 she was upset about having to explain to her children what the vapour trail's shape represented

I mean how do you end up with kids old enough to talk who aren't familiar with the basic notion of how the other half pees?

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Brilliant lol

Bit concerned about the following quote mind you:

I mean how do you end up with kids old enough to talk who aren't familiar with the basic notion of how the other half pees?

I would've just told the kids that it's just Marge Simpson peaking out, wearing binoculars and looking down you..