Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

Next Season | Away Games

Latest mutterings round Bristol is that they are going to share with Swindon instead because they now don't think Cheltenham will be big enough. Seems pretty ridiculous as the only reason they think it's not adequate is the large crowds they got for their cup runs.

They're probably right.

Swindon's a bit of a dive though. Wouldn't fancy visiting there twice.

Pfff, it's nicer than Leicester!

No way. I had the misfortune to do door to door selling round there when I was at Uni in Reading. It is a f**king awful place. And also the only town I was told to "f**k off" which is a reasonable achievement given I was trying to rip people off with some shitty coating for the walls of their house.

No way. I had the misfortune to do door to door selling round there when I was at Uni in Reading. It is a f**king awful place. And also the only town I was told to "f**k off" which is a reasonable achievement given I was trying to rip people off with some shitty coating for the walls of their house.

Compared to Leicester. Well certainly parts of Leicester, Swindon is hotel paradiso. You can also go out for a night out without fear of being stabbed which is always a nice bonus.

Compared to Leicester. Well certainly parts of Leicester, Swindon is hotel paradiso. You can also go out for a night out without fear of being stabbed which is always a nice bonus.

You haven't been to the Brunel Rooms in Swindon then?

Only place I've seen a pregnant woman off her face. Nasty.

You haven't been to the Brunel Rooms in Swindon then?

Actually I have, three times. They have these wonderfull things called metal detectors on the way in. Not a knife in sight.

Swindons violent crime rate is quite good on the whole.

Actually I have, three times. They have these wonderfull things called metal detectors on the way in. Not a knife in sight.

Swindons violent crime rate is quite good on the whole.

Shame they don't have any chav detectors or mother-to-be detectors on the door then my night might have been a bit more bearable!

Did you go in the summer? I did and it was incredibly hot in there which only added to my general disgust. My girlfriend passed out briefly in the toilet from the sheer oppresiveness of it.

I won't be going back.

Shame they don't have any chav detectors or mother-to-be detectors on the door then my night might have been a bit more bearable!

Did you go in the summer? I did and it was incredibly hot in there which only added to my general disgust. My girlfriend passed out briefly in the toilet from the sheer oppresiveness of it.

I won't be going back.

errrffff I know how that feels. My girlfriend is a serial passer outter, worst one was in the pub in 2002 and during the Argentina England match, 65 minutes gone, out like a light, 40 minutes outside with her, I miss us beating the Argies in a competive fixture for the first time in my life time.

No all were in the winter as I'd been to the County Ground on each occasion. There is alot of scum around but then that is true of absloutley anywhere in this country bar areas of London if you ask me. Go out and Barnsley and they're are chavs everywhere but it's still a great night out (better than Leicester anyway)

• 2 weeks later...
There is alot of scum around but then that is true of absloutley anywhere in this country bar areas of London if you ask me.

All areas of London have scum too - albeit in some, its very posh scum - its just life. Also, why does everyone split London up into seperate sections but treat every other city as a single entity? Its not fair, it makes us look bad!

Swindon is rather un-classy but its not a dreadful place. No worse than places like Loughborough really.

Like I said, no worse than Loughborough :whistle:

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone know how many away grounds have terracing in the away end next season??

Hereford

Yeovil

Carlise unless we get the seating which a lot of clubs have this season.

Posh.

Hereford

Yeovil

Carlise unless we get the seating which a lot of clubs have this season.

Posh.

What about Cheltenham and Bristol Rovers? Surely there is more than 4.

They are the same place now anyway, so even that would only be one more. But I don't think it is.

The away end at Cheltenham is all-seater now.

If Rochdale are promoted (please, God, NOOOOOOOOOOO! :S ), I think they give terracing to away fans.

Im defo going Huddersfield cos i my Mrs has cousins there so may as well make a weekend of it.

Defo going Northampton cos Fez said i can stay at his house. :)

:unsure:

The away end at Cheltenham is all-seater now.

If Rochdale are promoted (please, God, NOOOOOOOOOOO! :S ), I think they give terracing to away fans.

Nope Rochdale give away fans the big stand down the side. Terrace for home supporters, like that at most grounds we'll be going to ala Cheltenham...At least we'll be dead close to the pitch!

• 11 months later...

Archived