Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Motorbikes are brilliant

Just putting the finishing touches to the almost complete restoration of my VFR 750 fs, she is pearlescent red, the only colour for a VFR 750 and she is a beaut.

Would post some pics but keep getting told exceeds the 1.9 ish mb limit when I try and upload.

• Like 1

Gonna be selling my bike soon as saving for house deposit and not able to save for that alongside an annual holiday and car. 

SV650s with full fairing on. 2014, less than 10k miles I believe.  Certainly not past 12k. If anyone interested shoot me a message. 

1 hour ago, The Guvnor said:

Just putting the finishing touches to the almost complete restoration of my VFR 750 fs, she is pearlescent red, the only colour for a VFR 750 and she is a beaut.

Would post some pics but keep getting told exceeds the 1.9 ish mb limit when I try and upload.

You can upload the pics to a hosting site like https://imgur.com/ and then paste the urls into a post

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

You'll need a step ladder with the gal Col ...    I'm over 6 foot and she towered over me ....     :)

Yeah, but look at the size of her heels.

I'm assuming you weren't wearing yours..?

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Me too mate ...    can't honestly think of one that I hate less.

I went to a wedding reception the other week and I asked who invited the cast of that said advert and some people found it funny - others not so.

20 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Will shipping costs from the North Pole be expensive @Christoph?

Haha. I'm located in Braunstone Town not far from Fosse Park. Slid the bike once when a car pulled out so the exhaust has scratches on it but the crash bung took all the damage. Looking for around £3800 as it has a full fairing (from suzuki dealer (castledines) not ebay) on it which cost extra but also makes the bike look A LOT better. Also has a rack on it so you can put a givi top box on if needed.  If anyone has any money to burn let me know. 

Edited by Christoph

On 14/03/2017 at 08:04, MadKaw said:

Raced for a number of years in the Aus Superbikes...

Now just race scooters once a year in a 24 hour charity event with the likes of Bayliss, West, McCoy and others.

Have a z1000 for the road....

383406_3217045378254_439992593_n.jpg

14955854_10208894276687416_443835352645517777_n.jpg

Excellent. How recently? Did you race against O'Halloran or Attard?

I'm guessing you're referring to Le Minz? 

Although I reckon PI is the best race circuit on the planet, I used to love it when GP went to Eastern Creek - which was tight and technical but like the island,  fast and flowing. The GP teams used to do a lot of winter testing there in the two stroke era as I recall. What was it like to race?

I think O'hallaron and Attard were both overseas when I started in the FX Superbikes. They were a lot better than me.. :-)

I last raced 2013, my first race was in 2007 in a classic class on 93 ZXR750R (m), the bike was so unreliable I bought a zx10r just so practice days weren't a complete waste. I then started racing the zx10 in Club Superbikes in 2009 and then the Aus FX Superbikes in 2010. I was a late starter so it was a short career, $ and injuries got to me, I'm currently waiting to get a shoulder replacement..

I'm from Sydney so Eastern Creek was my favourite track. Did a lot or practice days at PI but the championship didn't go there when I was racing as there was a lot of disputes between promoters, track operators and MA, it screwed the sport up for while. We raced at Winton, Wakefield and EC mostly.

Yep the LeMinz is great fun (not at 2 am in pouring rain though). We've been going up there for the last 4 years, unfortunately it was cancelled last year..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 12:51, The Guvnor said:

20170327_142224

Finally here she is at her beautiful best.

Edited by The Guvnor
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Cheers buddy, it has been a labour of love.

I bet it has - looks so good.... decision now is are you riding it or showing it or both.... I can only imagine getting caught in a rain shower and the polishing and fuming and spitting cleaning it up when you get home!