Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Motorbikes are brilliant

5 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I know nothing about bikes but we’re at the Countryfile show at Blenheim Palace today and looking at the Kawasaki stand. Here’s my lad and his mate on a Ninja bike which is nearly £20k! The one next to it was £25k! I had no idea they were this expensive. Great looking bit of kit though...

B8DA8D21-1393-40FF-806B-0E47312D2BF6.jpeg

Your lad's mates with the Stone Roses' kids?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I know nothing about bikes but we’re at the Countryfile show at Blenheim Palace today and looking at the Kawasaki stand. Here’s my lad and his mate on a Ninja bike which is nearly £20k! The one next to it was £25k! I had no idea they were this expensive. Great looking bit of kit though...

These are top end sports bikes mate and, like most cars, most dealers sell them at less than list price.

You’re right though...they look bloody gorgeous.

• Like 1

On 31/07/2018 at 16:48, Col city fan said:

Speak to Adam Castledine of Clive Castledine Motorcycles in South Wigston. Adam is a smashing bloke (like his dad was) and can tell you everything you need to know about motorcross. I believe he’s still one of the best around. Just pop in and he’s great to have a chat with.

:thumbup:

I used to know Clive Castledine - he was a friend of my late brother's; you say 'was' - is he dead, Col?

Edited by Buce

27 minutes ago, Buce said:

I used to know Clive Castledine - he was a friend of my late brother's; you say 'was' - is he dead, Col?

Yes I’m pretty sure he is mate. I don’t wanna say anymore in case I’ve got it completely wrong but I think Adam said he had some time ago now.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Yes I’m pretty sure he is mate. I don’t wanna say anymore in case I’ve got it completely wrong but I think Adam said he had some time ago now.

I just Googled it and, yeah, he passed away three years ago.

Only 65. :(

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Haven’t ridden for weeks. Decided to do a home service in the bike. Got sent the wrong spark plug, then went away for a few weeks. By the time I got round to changing the plug, I couldn’t get the thing started again.

So I’ve spent several weeks trying to get it going (I don’t have a garage and I work days, so I’ve been relying to little bits of spare daylight time at the weekends).

After a lot of faffing about, it turns out it was a bad tank of fuel. I understand fuel can go off if left over a winter or something, but five or six weeks? Shitty Tesco fuel I reckon.

4 hours ago, Saxondale said:

Haven’t ridden for weeks. Decided to do a home service in the bike. Got sent the wrong spark plug, then went away for a few weeks. By the time I got round to changing the plug, I couldn’t get the thing started again.

So I’ve spent several weeks trying to get it going (I don’t have a garage and I work days, so I’ve been relying to little bits of spare daylight time at the weekends).

After a lot of faffing about, it turns out it was a bad tank of fuel. I understand fuel can go off if left over a winter or something, but five or six weeks? Shitty Tesco fuel I reckon.

Fuel can go 'off' if left for a long time, quite a lot of people who store their bikes over the winter use fuel stabilisers, I just fill my tank and syphon it out every 3 months and straight into the car.

On 02/08/2018 at 14:01, Izzy Muzzett said:

ZX10, fast enough, but not too of the line. Kawasaki make some mental bikes, H2R is pretty mind bending.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778

I have my Direct Access next week. Annoyingly module 1 is a week on Wednesday then they close for Xmas and my module 2 is scheduled for 3rd Jan. 

4 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

I have my Direct Access next week. Annoyingly module 1 is a week on Wednesday then they close for Xmas and my module 2 is scheduled for 3rd Jan. 

I failed my first test in Burton, then passed in Leicester. It's weird, I've been driving years then all of a sudden your learning how to ride round a bloody roundabout... 

On 08/12/2018 at 17:11, The Guvnor said:

Fuel can go 'off' if left for a long time, quite a lot of people who store their bikes over the winter use fuel stabilisers, I just fill my tank and syphon it out every 3 months and straight into the car.

Yeah I get that, I just had no idea it would go off so quickly!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest seanfox778

I failed my Mod 1 this morning. Gutted as it was on the last exercise, I knocked a cone over on the hazard avoidance. On the emergency stop, just before, the examiner said I was going faster than I needed to and I stupidly looked at the speedo instead of focusing on going into the swerve. Have to wait till sometime in January to resit that one.

Edited by seanfox778

Guest seanfox778
12 hours ago, simFox said:

Unlucky, be easier next time round. 

Don't do what I did on mod 2. Stalled it as I pulled out the test centre and failed! Lol

I'll try not to, we got taken to the mod 2 test centre yesterday afternoon to have a ride round the area and the entrance is just off a massive steep hill and stalling it is actually a common occurrence at that place. I'll have to just practice over and over.

54 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

I'll try not to, we got taken to the mod 2 test centre yesterday afternoon to have a ride round the area and the entrance is just off a massive steep hill and stalling it is actually a common occurrence at that place. I'll have to just practice over and over.

Great idea mate. That’s how I did it (having failed the old test twice previously). I made a point of riding round the test area (Gypsy Lane) over and over again, taking note of junctions, traffic lights, road signs, hills etc etc. Worked a treat.

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Great idea mate. That’s how I did it (having failed the old test twice previously). I made a point of riding round the test area (Gypsy Lane) over and over again, taking note of junctions, traffic lights, road signs, hills etc etc. Worked a treat.

Is it possible to stall a scooter Col?

4 hours ago, Saxondale said:

It's a straight fail for a stall? That's harsh.

Doing my DAS sometime over the next two months.

He said I stumbled with the bike and COULD have dropped it, so in his view I was out of control. I thought it was a bit harsh like. He started with some schoolboy lecture so I just stopped him there and told him to write it up.