Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Motorbikes are brilliant

Did they not have one in a nicer colour and with coordinating upholstery? :ph34r::whistle:

Erm - you can stay right away from it. This is one vehicle that is bloody well going to remain mine.

And black is the best colour.

And the seat is coordinated.

Women! :rolleyes:

Erm - you can stay right away from it. This is one vehicle that is bloody well going to remain mine.

And black is the best colour.

And the seat is coordinated.

Women! :rolleyes:

Of course. :yesyes:

AoWWsbike.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
27th October 2008 :thumbup:

:cool:

:celebrate:

But you cant even ride a bike without getting run over!

I would love to know how you work Mrs Daggers on issues such as "I want a bigger bike", "I want an ipod, archos and everything else", "I will disappear every other Saturday, to Leicester and come back pissed, smelling of cheese and onion cobs", "I have installed Linux", "The kids want a Wii", "I want to look like Danny Baker so I can take over the world" etc etc etc

But you cant even ride a bike without getting run over!

I would love to know how you work Mrs Daggers on issues such as "I want a bigger bike", "I want an ipod, archos and everything else", "I will disappear every other Saturday, to Leicester and come back pissed, smelling of cheese and onion cobs", "I have installed Linux", "The kids want a Wii", "I want to look like Danny Baker so I can take over the world" etc etc etc

Keeping her constantly medicated helps.

I've spent the weekend, cleaning my bikes and preparing them for their winter hibernation. They're now sitting on their paddock stands, covered over and tucked up in my garage.

I take no pleasure in riding in freezing cold, wet, slippery conditions. Hats off to those who ride all year long!

Daggers, run me through how you get a bike license and how you learn to ride the ****ers. The look bloody scary, which = fun.

I could probably afford to run one too!

21 is the golden agggge.

Get a crosser, they're awesome.

If you can find the little tw*t who robbed mine, I will sell that to you at a very reasonable price.

21 is the golden agggge.

If you can find the little tw*t who robbed mine, I will sell that to you at a very reasonable price.

21? :unsure:

I want a proper bike not a crosser! Something that can do some serious ****ing speed !!

But how do you learn/get a license etc?

21 is the golden agggge.

I've never tried a crosser or any off-roading. Where can you take them (legally)?

I still think you can't beat a sunny afternoon out on a sports bike. The run I favour the most is from my place to Melton Mowbray...fantastic!

Also, for £89, I can take my track bike to places like Mallory Park, and thrash it around there as fast as a like all day! No traffic lights, roundabouts, or stupid car drivers pulling out in front of me.

I've never tried a crosser or any off-roading. Where can you take them (legally)?

I still think you can't beat a sunny afternoon out on a sports bike. The run I favour the most is from my place to Melton Mowbray...fantastic!

Also, for £89, I can take my track bike to places like Mallory Park, and thrash it around there as fast as a like all day! No traffic lights, roundabouts, or stupid car drivers pulling out in front of me.

There is a track we used to go to near doncaster. Bit of a trek, but woth it.

I agree with this, but need to wait another 36 days until I'm 21!

There is a track we used to go to near doncaster. Bit of a trek, but woth it.

I agree with this, but need to wait another 36 days until I'm 21!

If you are (or anyone else) thinking of taking your bike test, I would highly recommend doing a track day on your road bike at some stage shortly after. It will teach you a hell of a lot more about you as a rider and the capabilities of your bike than any formal test or Sunday jaunt will.

A word of caution however. There are different types of track days. There are some that will offer 1 to 1 tuition both on track and in the classroom. Then there are those that just allow you to turn up, take out your brain, and nail your machine as hard as the pistons will allow! I suggest the first option for new riders and novices.

I'm not sure about the current requirement of taking a bike test.

I've spent the weekend, cleaning my bikes and preparing them for their winter hibernation.

I don't understand. What's hibernation? :unsure:

Daggers, run me through how you get a bike license and how you learn to ride the ****ers. The look bloody scary, which = fun.

I could probably afford to run one too!

Shit - it's more than an age ago when I did mine.

You can get a 125cc and do your CBT and lessons or go straight for a 33bhp bike and do Direct Access intensive training - I think.

Have a look in the magazines in WHS, I'm sure they'd help you better than me.

I don't understand. What's hibernation? :unsure:

Shit - it's more than an age ago when I did mine.

You can get a 125cc and do your CBT and lessons or go straight for a 33bhp bike and do Direct Access intensive training - I think.

Have a look in the magazines in WHS, I'm sure they'd help you better than me.

CBT and lessons...explain :)