Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Truly dreadful. It took them two weeks to deliver some items to me recently?? It would have been quicker for me to walk and pick them up myself.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Awful, I once had something they claimed had been delivered not turn up, even then put the phone down on me whilst I was arguing.

Hope you get lucky, they are a horrific company.

They literally seem to employ any idiot with a van. DPD are the best delivery company by a mile, I know exactly when it's coming as they give you an hours time slot and my local driver is a top bloke too.

Not a particularly sensitive one, so apologies in advance...

But people who lose a loved one, who then post across social media in the weeks after like they're the first person to have a family member die. One person I know posted after their Grandma died. Okay. Then the picture of the card they got. Then the picture of the present work bought them. Then a picture of her standing with her horse thinking. Then a picture today as it's one week since she died. 

I've had a few who seem to revel in grieving via social media. I'm not sure what they want. Eternal sympathy? Consistent kind words.

Maybe I'm heartless, but when my dad died my last thought was to go around plastering it all over social media for weeks

22 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Not a particularly sensitive one, so apologies in advance...

But people who lose a loved one, who then post across social media in the weeks after like they're the first person to have a family member die. One person I know posted after their Grandma died. Okay. Then the picture of the card they got. Then the picture of the present work bought them. Then a picture of her standing with her horse thinking. Then a picture today as it's one week since she died. 

I've had a few who seem to revel in grieving via social media. I'm not sure what they want. Eternal sympathy? Consistent kind words.

Maybe I'm heartless, but when my dad died my last thought was to go around plastering it all over social media for weeks

In can see what you mean. Out of the five hundred plus friends I have on Facebook, I doubt much more than fifty really know my mum and dad and extended family, so I'm not sure why anyone would be interested in what I have to say about my mum/dad/extended family should one of them pass. Any words I'd have to say would be saved for the funeral and people who would appreciate it. Knowing that if I put anything on Facebook of the sort, it would be hollow virtue signalling for likes which would be disgusting.

That said I'm a fairly private person when it comes to family matters. Others it might help to release that to other's, say on Facebook or other media. People deal with loss in different ways and where we might be more private in our dealing some people might cope in a more public manner. I guess it's down to the individual and we all grieve in various ways.

Edited by Finnaldo

Golf club politics. I realise no one on here will give a shit, but it's like being back at school at my club sometimes. Grown men acting like fvcking kids and getting all precious about non important stuff. Get a life and grow up you bunch of cvnts. Rant over. Thanks. I feel better now. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Golf club politics. I realise no one on here will give a shit, but it's like being back at school at my club sometimes. Grown men acting like fvcking kids and getting all precious about non important stuff. Get a life and grow up you bunch of cvnts. Rant over. Thanks. I feel better now. 

When you putt it like that, I hope it doesn't drive a wedge between you all.  #inbeforealf

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Stay calm and don't go 4-iron off the handle ....    Ignore them and putter brave face on lad.    :thumbup:

Edited by Countryfox

11 minutes ago, Webbo said:

When you putt it like that, I hope it doesn't drive a wedge between you all.  #inbeforealf

I'm sure it'll iron itself out in the end. Id hazard a guess getting it off his chest will go a fairway to that.

33 minutes ago, Webbo said:

28 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Stay calm and don't go 4-iron off the handle ....    Ignore them and putter brave face on lad.    :thumbup:

26 minutes ago, Webbo said:

That's it to a tee.

20 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'm sure it'll iron itself out in the end. Id hazard a guess getting it off his chest will go a fairway to that.

Predictable responses from you fvckers I suppose :rolleyes:

Good puns though chaps, quite impressed with them :thumbup:

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Some serious out of bounds sh1t

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Sounds rough

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

hide away in a bunker mate, they ain't gonna stop.

lol I should know better than to post anything golf related on a football forum. Schoolboy error on my part :rolleyes: