Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

8 hours ago, Innovindil said:

The Stamp duty is 2% on anything between 125,000-250,000 so it's 3k on a 150,000 house. 

Which is pretty much at the low end for a 3 bed round where I am currently. So to go cheaper I'm looking at a flat/tiny 2 bed/rabbit hutch. Not really suitable for my *sometime in the future* family :/

edit: and apparently that money saving expert geezer say's the stamp duty can't be put onto a 5% mortgage, whether he's chatting bull or not idk.

The 2% only applies to the portion of the price between £125k and £250k, the first £125k of the price is at 0%, so on a £150k house you'd only pay 2% on £25k which would be £500.

Edited by Barky

On 12/01/2017 at 13:11, Izzy Muzzett said:

Today, Parking Charge Notices will be mainly grinding my gears...

Between Xmas and New year we attempted to park in a multi story car park in Milton Keynes. No notice outside to say it was full, but we spent nearly 20 minutes in there queuing trying to find a space. With horns blazing and drivers getting pissed off, people started getting out of their cars to marshal the traffic and sort the mess out as there were no staff around to fix it. Cars stuck on ramps, couldn't get up or down levels - proper gridlock. Eventually we managed to get out of there and find another car park.

So lo and behold this morning I get a parking charge notice for £100 with a picture of my car entering and exiting. CHEEKY CVNTS!

No way I'm paying it so I've appealed. And I want an apology from Britannia Parking the robbing bastads.

Just don't pay it. I've had two one Morrisons car park near Freemans Common and the other at Meridian

47 minutes ago, DB11 said:

Just don't pay it. I've had two one Morrisons car park near Freemans Common and the other at Meridian

Yeah, I wasn't going to pay it out of principle, but they actually relied to my appeal within 24 hours and overturned it anyway.

I imagine there were dozens of complaints from that day and they probably realised they'd royally screwed up. No apology though which is to be expected and my time wasted going through the appeal process. Wankers 

16 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Yeah, I wasn't going to pay it out of principle, but they actually relied to my appeal within 24 hours and overturned it anyway.

I imagine there were dozens of complaints from that day and they probably realised they'd royally screwed up. No apology though which is to be expected and my time wasted going through the appeal process. Wankers 

Their business plan relies on half the people just paying it out of fear - it's not worth them chasing the other half paying to go to small claims court etc cos even if they win you'd only ever have to pay their loss i.e. £2 or whatever the parking should have been so you still win if it goes the furthest it can go (only then if you refuse to pay will you have a CCJ which is bad)

• Like 1

Jeremy Kyle's Waiting Room (which my wife had on I hasten to add).

Woman has gone into A+E because she thinks she has... wait for it... Chlamydia.

I guess this is a real emergency as she's probably desperate to have sex by now.

She says the worst thing is the embarrassment and what people might think. Which of course is why she's

being treated on national TV.

The funniest thing though... she didn't have an STD of any kind. lol

Attention seeker? :unsure:

• Like 3

On 1/24/2017 at 07:50, The People's Hero said:

Speaking as someone living in the south east where property prices are crazy and looking to buy a larger house, I have to admit a deal dislike of stamp duty. I forgot it in my sums! 

Ah yes stamp duty.  20k on my house.  Wankers.  There is no sensible reason to tax people to move house, they just end up commuting further adding to pollution and traffic.

Edited by Jon the Hat

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Ah yes stamp duty.  20k on my house.  Wankers.  There is no sensible reason to tax people to move house, they just end up commuting further adding to pollution and traffic.

Looking at similar numbers. I'm already 72k short on the offer I've actually made for the house. Might have to get another job just to buy this house. I may have got everything a bit back to front ...

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Looking at similar numbers. I'm already 72k short on the offer I've actually made for the house. Might have to get another job just to buy this house. I may have got everything a bit back to front ...

The joys of the South East!  Still we are enjoying West Sussex. Nice to be nearer to the coast, while still an hour on the train to London, at least when they run.

22 minutes ago, Barky said:

Watching the one show waiting for the game to come up and Russel Brand being on it, the pretentious cock. Who actually likes this guy? How does he get on tv?

I had to turn over. Can't stand the tw@t.

Plusnet.

Don't be fooled by the fat bloke on the adverts - they're shit.

Yes, their customer service centre might be in Yorkshire, but that doesn't mean they'll answer the phone, or that they'll be any help once they do.

I'll be specifically choosing a company whose call centre is in Hyderabad next time.

14 hours ago, BornBlue said:

Plusnet.

Don't be fooled by the fat bloke on the adverts - they're shit.

Yes, their customer service centre might be in Yorkshire, but that doesn't mean they'll answer the phone, or that they'll be any help once they do.

I'll be specifically choosing a company whose call centre is in Hyderabad next time.

I was with them for years, and they were excellent throughout. Wish id never changed.