Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

My bank's closing and the ATM is going too. The nearest HSBC ATM will be in Belgrave.

At least you'll be able to park anywhere you like right outside the bank. Just ignore the double yellows, everyone else does

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Matt said:

Having one of my favourite meals in the freezer whilst ****ing Fish is being served up....then find out the freezer has died and my favourite meal has thawed out so now don't wanna risk eating it.

....****ING FISH?! :sick::cry::nono::@

What fish?

In Cornwall right now. Had 30 mins in the hot tub after a coastal walk, about to have fresh mackerel (from Padstow this morning) dinner :thumbup:

Edited by Parafox

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Having one of my favourite meals in the freezer whilst ****ing Fish is being served up....then find out the freezer has died and my favourite meal has thawed out so now don't wanna risk eating it.

....****ING FISH?! :sick::cry::nono::@

Never tried that!!!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Wookie said:

The we buy any car adverts are the worst of the lot at the minute

It's so obvious the garages have found a way to beat them on price, and with no shame they're now advertising it's all about saving time lol 

Just now, Facecloth said:

It's so obvious the garages have found a way to beat them on price, and with no shame they're now advertising it's all about saving time lol 

it's really condescending, not a good way to advertise

18 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

What garages?

Well I obviously meant car dealerships. Could have worded it better, as in spelt it out, but I thought it was pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain :rolleyes: 

Edited by Facecloth

54 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Well I obviously meant car dealerships. Could have worded it better, as in spelt it out, but I thought it was pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain :rolleyes: 

Ah, well that only works if you are buying another car I guess.  The idea of turning up to get an agreed price sounds quite good to me.

3 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Ah, well that only works if you are buying another car I guess.  The idea of turning up to get an agreed price sounds quite good to me.

True, but we're on about the ad campaign, that ran for years on the basis they gave you a better price and then in the blink of an eye are now declaring time is worth more than money. It might be, but they'll have to be a bit more subtle than just flipping their selling point to the complete opposite.

I sold an old banger through the Mercury once. I was only asking £99 (free ad under £100) the amounts of phonecalls I got with people asking stupid questions, waiting in for people who didn't turn up and then idiots trying to haggle me down(from £99!?), it really wasn't worth the hassle.

Then 6 months later I got a parking fine because the buyer had abandoned it on a carpark in Sheffield and hadn't sent off the logbook. I rang up and appealed and got it rescinded, but that's beside the point. Selling a car yourself can be a pain in the arse.

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I sold an old banger through the Mercury once. I was only asking £99 (free ad under £100) the amounts of phonecalls I got with people asking stupid questions, waiting in for people who didn't turn up and then idiots trying to haggle me down(from £99!?), it really wasn't worth the hassle.

Then 6 months later I got a parking fine because the buyer had abandoned it on a carpark in Sheffield and hadn't sent off the logbook. I rang up and appealed and got it rescinded, but that's beside the point. Selling a car yourself can be a pain in the arse.

That's presumably why the seller is supposed to post the V5.

We buy any car offered me £900 for a van I that was worth £3500. They originally offered £2600, so took it down for evaluation and the helmet started knocking money off for paint chips and marks to the ply lining lol.

I was pissing myself, yeah because that's what really matters to van drivers, the presentation of the ply lining you twat. I sold it in the auto trader a few months later for the full price.

On my regional news in a feature about the storm a horsey yuppie woman (member of public, not presenter) thought it was hilarious that when she ventured down cromer pier she almost got blown off into the sea. Should be forced to spend two hours in the lifeboat museum to learn about those lives she'd be putting at risk. Same as Tarquin Smythe-laqabrane who takes his people carrier out in a four foot flood and needs a rescue. 

• Like 1

Ticketing websites. Just had 3 tabs open on different sites trying to get Ricky Gervais tickets and they all crash at 10am. They'll be on Viagogo for £4 million in 10 minutes though, so no worries. 

Nevermind, just went direct to the arena website and bagged some

Edited by RonnieTodger

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Ticketing websites. Just had 3 tabs open on different sites trying to get Ricky Gervais tickets and they all crash at 10am. They'll be on Viagogo for £4 million in 10 minutes though, so no worries. 

That's God telling you not go and see Ricky Gervais.