Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

20 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I'd would have still left on principle, the fact that they can offer you lower instantly, is a confession they were ripping you off. I'm actually sat here currently waiting for the RAC to recover me :unsure:

Honestly, if I had the free time I probably would have left, but I work 6 days a week and the last thing I want to be doing on a Friday afternoon is messing about getting road cover lol

I think the AA was more expensive than that anyways. :/

3 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Thieving bastards. 

And I don't mean the normal kind of thieves that just rob you against your will, I mean the sneaky bastards that try and rob you without your knowledge. 

Got my RAC renewal through the post. Gone up £12 to £74.99. Scandalous, so gave them a ring and said I'm thinking of leaving (been with them 7 years now) they said oh let us have a quick look. Down to £44.99.

How many people don't bother ringing up and take a higher price when they don't have to? 

It's not just them is it, car insurance, gas, electric, they all do it. What happened to the time when companies appreciated loyalty? :dry:

When I get my renewal I always look online and see what the AA are offering and then ring them up. They'll always try to keep you.

That said I have my car insurance from the RAC too. I had my renewal notice the other day, went on compare the market and they were still £8 cheaper than the next nearest.

4 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Honestly, if I had the free time I probably would have left, but I work 6 days a week and the last thing I want to be doing on a Friday afternoon is messing about getting road cover lol

I think the AA was more expensive than that anyways. :/

Green Flag are excellent and so are the prices. 

26 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Cheap knockoff lego should be burned. 

Some of it's not even that bad, it just doesn't sit well with me for some reason.

I proper Lego isn't cheap, but I'd rather people buy a smaller set than a big box of the less than real thing.

Check out this ungrateful bastard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buce said:

lol

I do the pictures, CF, you write the funnies..

D'you know what Bucey I've already replied to this once and the post has disappeared ! ...    bit of a day for disappearing posts !!

Only said sorry and that no one appreciated my 'little pick' pic ...    hardly offensive .. ?     :huh: ...    worlds gone mad.

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

D'you know what Bucey I've already replied to this once and the post has disappeared ! ...    bit of a day for disappearing posts !!

Only said sorry and that no one appreciated my 'little pick' pic ...    hardly offensive .. ?     :huh: ...    worlds gone mad.

Strange indeed.

WEBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBO!!!!!!!!!? :huh:

StartRescue. Tons cheaper than aa/rac although admittedly they don't come in their own nice vans. Theyve proven their worth to me over recent years though

Problem is Insurance Companies, Sky/Virgin, Vehicle Breakdown, Banks, Credit Cards, Energy Companies everyone is just looking to take you for every penny they can get. You have to kick off or look around but it's a constant battle of threatening to leave/cancel, transferring elsewhere, looking for a better deal.

Want to book a hotel, buy a plane, train or bus ticket, god forbid you should try using the same ISP address you looked it up with yesterday you'll find the price has edged up slightly or availability has diminished just to just try and encourage you to panic and buy it now. 

Want to to buy something from a national retailer just get past that point at the checkout where you have put in your email. Within 12 hours you'll probably find a x% offer email in your inbox from said retailer. 

It's a game between us, them and a mass off google algorithms and analytics.

We aren't going to win.

Businneses , that say they accept electric cash/cards, then the assistants say, yehh but not below

£10.  Even if I have cash , I usually walk out, and tell them your competitors do...Goodbye..

Vary rarely today, do I carry any cash.

Once went and stayed at an hotel, who advertised proudly, they accepted various cards, then got told

they only accept cash for single evenings. Told them to sort it out in ten minutes or I walk, and 

repeated it loudly, suddenly a few other customers also became irrate.The worse thing I had been  there 2 nights.

Manager soon came running, then reboursed our  breakfast. Still poor and pathetic CS.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

People who put family photos up in their toilets.  The last thing I need is to look at your kids while I'm standing there with my cock in my hand.

It's much harder to piss when you have an erection.

I really never thought of that but have just taken my pictures down :blush:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

People who put family photos up in their toilets.  The last thing I need is to look at your kids while I'm standing there with my cock in my hand.

It's much harder to piss when you have an erection.

****ing lol I just saw the small print