Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Fvcking email, calendars, wifi, broadband, clouds, hosting, servers, syncing, domains and all that bollux.

It's all shite and unreliable and let's me down when I need it most. I hate new technology because it's too complicated and I don't understand any of it.

Fvck it all, I'm going back to a landline phone and a Filofax.

11 hours ago, ajthefox said:

It's a natural. What the fvck is wrong with you?

Nah. I'm with Andy, nobody wants to hear that shit if they're over 16 years old, and they definitely don't want to smell it either!

11 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Fvcking email, calendars, wifi, broadband, clouds, hosting, servers, syncing, domains and all that bollux.

It's all shite and unreliable and let's me down when I need it most. I hate new technology because it's too complicated and I don't understand any of it.

helpline.jpg.f72d97655e2b1518a36f291e8294b603.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Izzy if you give up all 'new' technology you won't be using a computer any more.  You also won't be streaming City matches.  Speaking as someone who has the ability to crash a PC at 50 metres and whose offspring regard him as having the IT skills of an amoeba I have sympathy for your frustration.  My advice is to keep having children until you get one that's an IT expert then don't let them leave home.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

Izzy if you give up all 'new' technology you won't be using a computer any more.  You also won't be streaming City matches.  Speaking as someone who has the ability to crash a PC at 50 metres and whose offspring regard him as having the IT skills of an amoeba I have sympathy for your frustration.  My advice is to keep having children until you get one that's an IT expert then don't let them leave home.

lol

BBC Three.

I'm sure most would agree I'm a fairly left-leaning guy, but BBC Three is beginning to hit Buzzfeed levels of hardline Alt-Left PC-for-all garbage. I haven't even liked the fookers on Facebook but it always pops up with another 'recommended video'. They've began this #SorryNotSorry video campaign/series based on non-heterosexual or non-mainstream relationships and identities. I have no problem with the one on homosexuality, the non-binary one, whilst I have reservations on the whole movement I can deal with it but they've just released one trying to defend 1st cousin marriages :blink:

It's heavily tried in with race/ethnicity etc. (I believe the video was mostly around marriages within the Pakistani community) and the whole argument is based on "Well it's OUR culture". 

Is this really something the BBC is starting to champion incest? I understand it's not illegal but is this something we should be encouraging and normalising? The health effects on children conceived from incest is well known and yet the BBC back it because the usual suspects squeal about "our culture" and "white oppression"?

• Like 1

BBC Three.

I'm sure most would agree I'm a fairly left-leaning guy, but BBC Three is beginning to hit Buzzfeed levels of hardline Alt-Left PC-for-all garbage. I haven't even liked the fookers on Facebook but it always pops up with another 'recommended video'. They've began this #SorryNotSorry video campaign/series based on non-heterosexual or non-mainstream relationships and identities. I have no problem with the one on homosexuality, the non-binary one, whilst I have reservations on the whole movement I can deal with it but they've just released one trying to defend 1st cousin marriages :blink:

It's heavily tried in with race/ethnicity etc. (I believe the video was mostly around marriages within the Pakistani community) and the whole argument is based on "Well it's OUR culture". 

Is this really something the BBC is starting to champion incest? I understand it's not illegal but is this something we should be encouraging and normalising? The health effects on children conceived from incest is well known and yet the BBC back it because the usual suspects squeal about "our culture" and "white oppression"?

I decided to detest BBC3 way back when then kept recommissioning Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps.

How everybody thinks they're a journalist these days.

Here is a handy guide to whether or not you are a journalist.

1) Do you have an NCTJ qualification?

2) Are you currently working as a journalist?

3) Are you really, though? You don't just work for some shit website or whatever?

4) Are you being paid for this?

5) Is this for a publication / broadcaster that anybody has heard of?

If you answered yes to all of the above questions: congratulations, you are a journalist.

If you answered no to ANY of the above questions: sorry, you are not a journalist.

Adults who put countdown to their holiday in days, hours, mins and secs (like there's an exactly defined second when a holiday starts) on social media. I don't care, you're 47, grow up! Sure, have a nice holiday, but I've really no interest in your pathetic attempts at publicising anticipation.

The only way this can be worse is when adults say, "5 sleeps until holiday!" ... pass me the baseball bat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Adults who put countdown to their holiday in days, hours, mins and secs (like there's an exactly defined second when a holiday starts) on social media. I don't care, you're 47, grow up! Sure, have a nice holiday, but I've really no interest in your pathetic attempts at publicising anticipation.

The only way this can be worse is when adults say, "5 sleeps until holiday!" ... pass me the baseball bat.

At least you know when to rob their home!

2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Only 17 days, 9 hours and 32 seconds until me, the wife and kids fly out to Disney Orlando mate. Can't fvckin wait! lol (I'm only 44 btw)

When a delivery company just leaves a computer monitor on the porch rather than actually knocking on the door, and by the time you check to see it's been 'delivered' and check it's no longer there.

Oh, and on a similar theme...the land where if anything bad happens to you it's always your fault, because other people's influences on your life apparently don't matter.

On 7/18/2017 at 11:59, Finnaldo said:

BBC Three.

Is "alt-left" a new term of abuse for liberals lol? Is the BBC actually championing it or just allowing a minority to express their opinion? The British ruling classes are totally inbred so it's mostly inbreds doing the oppressing. What are the health risks associated with children being born to 1st cousins? Would rather the beeb did stuff like this than paid Chris Evans over £2Million. 

Friendlies in the modern era.

I don't get the fuss, the hype, anything about them. I go to the home friendlies and I went to Celtic last year because it was a nice weekend in Glasgow with the OH. But it was in 2013 at Northampton when we played crap and lost 2-1... I was just sitting there and thinking to myself my god... what am I doing with my life?

From memory, every LCFC friendly I listen to on the radio I'm bored to tears. I took a day off to watch the West Brom game on Wednesday (HYPOCRITE CLAXON) and I barely made it through the 90 without being filled with tedium. Do football fans actually sit through the entirety of other team's friendlies? If so, please tell me how and why?

They bare no real relevance to the season. The form of some players is in no way representative to the eventual season they have, the sheer number of substitutes fragments the game so it's useless after 45 minutes and, as you'd expect, no-one wants to get injured so it's tiptoe. Don't even get me started on the costs, up to £15 to watch Wolves v Leicester players gain some fitness? Do me a favour.

In the age of media hype and globalised football, the complete over egging and publicising of them is insufferable too. From the ICC to the Asia Trophy to the Pepsi Max Challenge, the media get right into them as it's fantastic filler (and I'll freely admit I got caught up in the hype last season, and instantly felt let down!) The media and fans scrutinise every result, player performance and action, whilst fans seem to judge so easily based on a non-competitive game. Take a look at any post-match thread on here for example. I obviously g£t why w£ hav£ $o many of th£m now, and as such they need credibility, but they're just to uninteresting.

I mean this sounds really grumpy, some friendlies I'm sure are a great day out for people in different cities, Glasgow was great building up to the match. It's just the actual game itself. It's so inane, slow and unimportant and I hate that they're taken so seriously now. 

14 hours ago, LiberalFox said:

Is "alt-left" a new term of abuse for liberals lol? Is the BBC actually championing it or just allowing a minority to express their opinion? The British ruling classes are totally inbred so it's mostly inbreds doing the oppressing. What are the health risks associated with children being born to 1st cousins? Would rather the beeb did stuff like this than paid Chris Evans over £2Million. 

Th alt-left is a name I use to describe the hardline left activists who have to make everything a cultural crusade about the oppressive whites and 'identity'. I myself am left-leaning and liberal to an extent, I voted Labour in the last election but I like to distance myself who yell and scream over others opinions.

Do you seriously not know the health risks associated with inbreeding? The chances of physical and mental disabilities it increases? I don't care about people's sexual lives but this in an issue that can have a massive impact on the children conceived from inbreeding. If a documentary justifying inbreeding is aired, you might as well air one justifying drinking and drug use during pregnancy. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If there was a god, he'd delete the Iheanacho thread. 

14 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Now locked! lol

14 hours ago, Beliall said:

good thing there isnt then

and Webbo be thy name