Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

When someone asks a question or for your opinion on something then does totally the opposite or tells you the opposite....why even ask in the first place?!

Just do/tell me save time with the whole charade of asking the question!

Edited by Matt

11 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

The term, "Forever Home". Nothing is forever; live with it!

People like to think so, though. If they actually stopped to think about what "forever" really meant and just how much time things take to get done out in the universe by comparison to a human lifetime...we'd have a lot more delays on the rail lines and the cleanup teams would be working overtime.

Edited by leicsmac

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

People like to think so, though. If they actually stopped to think about what "forever" really meant...we'd have a lot more delays on the rail lines and the cleanup teams would be working overtime.

But that would take forever.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, leicsmac said:

People like to think so, though. If they actually stopped to think about what "forever" really meant and just how much time things take to get done out in the universe by comparison to a human lifetime...we'd have a lot more delays on the rail lines and the cleanup teams would be working overtime.

17 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

But that would take forever.

It would still be quicker than an incoming City transfer.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Matt said:

When someone asks a question or for your opinion on something then does totally the opposite or tells you the opposite....why even ask in the first place?!

Just do/tell me save time with the whole charade of asking the question!

I used to have an ex girlfriend who did this all the time. Stressed about something, asked for advice then never ever took it, then got stressed again. It was infuriating. There's a name for idiots like that..

Askholes

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

The term, "Forever Home". Nothing is forever; live with it!

We use this a lot in our animal rescue group.

We use foster carers until the animals are healthy and ready for adoption... we then try to find "Forever homes" for our animals. But having read the other response, im thinking maybe it is being used differently in the UK?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

We use this a lot in our animal rescue group.

We use foster carers until the animals are healthy and ready for adoption... we then try to find "Forever homes" for our animals. But having read the other response, im thinking maybe it is being used differently in the UK?

It's used that way and also by longingly sentimental people looking for somewhere they wouldn't e Dr want to move away from. Such people are usually rich and have no realisation that the vast majority of people are happy just to have a roof over their head.

But also, there seems to be no realisation either that illness, old age, natural disaster and other unforeseen circumstance can all collude to end "forever". The same is true of animals, I'm afraid.

"Forever Home" is just trite.

20 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

It's used that way and also by longingly sentimental people looking for somewhere they wouldn't e Dr want to move away from. Such people are usually rich and have no realisation that the vast majority of people are happy just to have a roof over their head.

But also, there seems to be no realisation either that illness, old age, natural disaster and other unforeseen circumstance can all collude to end "forever". The same is true of animals, I'm afraid.

"Forever Home" is just trite.

hmm i beg to differ... forever could be considered a life span...the world ends (for me at least) with my death... so from this moment, until my death, is forever?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

hmm i beg to differ... forever could be considered a life span...the world ends (for me at least) with my death... so from this moment, until my death, is forever?

No it isn't. The world will continue without you, sorry. I'm not being mean in saying so, merely factual. The time until your death is your lifespan.

And even Lifespan Home I would consider trite. Nobody knows what the future holds.

Guest BlueBrett

When people I barely know call me 'fam' 

We're not family, we're not even friends..you're just coming off kind of insincere to be honest. Also your snapback doesn't suit you and your trainers are rubbish :whistle:

31 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

When people I barely know call me 'fam' 

We're not family, we're not even friends..you're just coming off kind of insincere to be honest. Also your snapback doesn't suit you and your trainers are rubbish :whistle:

5975e4474d5b2_speakenglish.jpg.ff2c4af9eda0f75907d26817db0b62b4.jpg

42 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

No it isn't. The world will continue without you, sorry. I'm not being mean in saying so, merely factual. The time until your death is your lifespan.

And even Lifespan Home I would consider trite. Nobody knows what the future holds.

This guy gets it.

Which is why what happens after you die is also actually important.

29 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Ahaha that's a tinder line right there

hahahaga oh man I miss 2k14 when everything was a tinder line and airfield was better than riyad an everything was certainly sexy 

• Like 1