Daggers

What grinds my gears...

8 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

Izzy you come across as a very straightforward guy.  So you may not have considered the option of illness.  You've already said that your daughter wasn't right on the day of the exam and not all illnesses are physical.  

Sometimes you just have to use the system as far as you can push it.  One of my children had special needs and I had to fight the system to get him the resource he needed and eventually a placement in a school for children with similar handicaps.  He's now progressed and is living independently so it was worth the effort.

You’re a top poster on here Crinkly old chap and it’s good to hear that your lad is now doing well :thumbup:

Maybe I should take your advice and look at the appeals process. I’m sure other parents will be and I guess there’s nothing to lose so it’s worth a shot.

Thanks mate 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

You’re a top poster on here Crinkly old chap and it’s good to hear that your lad is now doing well :thumbup:

Maybe I should take your advice and look at the appeals process. I’m sure other parents will be and I guess there’s nothing to lose so it’s worth a shot.

Thanks mate 

I'm always reluctant to advise anyone to go down the appeal route, purely because I found it a horrible experience. Don't under estimate the strain it will put on the whole family, it completely ruined a whole summer for us, and we still didn't win. Luckily I'd written down every thing I wanted to say, because when it came to the day I just completely fell apart and couldn't speak! 

Like you I had to apply online, and theoretically the school had no input. But I badgered the poor head mistress relentlessly, and eventually she said just bring him (my son) in on the first day of school, because she would never turn anyone away. To this day I'm not sure that he was ever officially on the school list, but county hall never got in touch and he's now half way through his A levels. At the end of the day you need to do what's right for all of you, but certainly in my experience badgering is the way forward ☺️

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Strokes said:

So lots of tests as opposed to one test then?

More continual assessment tbf, which is a far better way to properly judge ability rather than a single point where a competent person could choke or a complete idiot fluke it.

10 hours ago, ozleicester said:

please check your comprehension skills. You will NOT be performing my life saving surgery

He must be gutted 

Edited by Danizen

10 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

More continual assessment tbf, which is a far better way to properly judge ability rather than a single point where a competent person could choke or a complete idiot fluke it.

If a doctor chokes under the pressure of a test situation, id rather have the flukey idiot tbh.

• Like 1
Logon to remove this advert

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

If a doctor chokes under the pressure of a test situation, id rather have the flukey idiot tbh.

Eh, treatments that should work can fail, bad days can happen, but I'd fancy my odds more with a doctor risking a bad day than pinning my hopes on a yokel pulling off a fluke.