Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

"Giggs interested in Everton and Leicester jobs." 

So? I am as well, I'm about as qualified. Where's my headline? 

Get to League Two, Ryan, earn your stripes like everyone else. Has a stint as an assistant manager for an unsuccessful United so then thinks he can hang around and wait for someone to give him a Premier league job. 

Nuts. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, separator said:

Those sheets you get in packs of meat from the supermarket. Mince, chicken, beef, whatever it is there's an annoying thing you have to peel away from the bottom of the meat once your inside the packaging.

Would you rather have it sloshing about in a puddle of meat juice?

This drives me bloody insane. Receiving emails from colleagues or associates who are either sat in the same room as me or I know well enough to call friends who feel the need to be formal in every instance.

"Hi Lovejoy,

I hope this email finds you well"

Mate, you're sat opposite me speaking to me whilst typing the sodding mail. If I'm not well, you'll bloody well know about it because you're sat within 3 metres of me lol.

• Like 1

People who film the charitable acts they do to upload on Facebook for shares and likes. If it was really about the gesture you would just do it and not tell anyone.

It's Hedonism over Altruism.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

People who film the charitable acts they do to upload on Facebook for shares and likes. If it was really about the gesture you would just do it and not tell anyone.

Yep. Extends to all the bloody trends like that ice bucket thing a couple of years back can get in the bin as well - you're not raising awareness, you're just mining for approval on social media. If you care, chuck them a couple of quid, don't film yourself being a prat and pretend it's just as valuable. 

3 hours ago, MattP said:

Ugh, it's also quite a selfish and partitioning thing then they go and give food to a homeless man, or a random act of kindness for an old person.

"This homeless person was so hungry, what this man did next was incredible" as the video shows him handing over a big mac and fries with a pat on the head.

3,454,223 views, 222k likes

Just amazing there was a camera there to capture the moment. Warms the heart. And yet these are lives, people we're talking about here. You're boosting your ego by showcasing this homeless man by just giving him a hot meal.

3 hours ago, MattP said:

Slacktivism. 

6 hours ago, MattP said:

Your just jealous that no-one has posted any of your charitable golden showers you give to the vagrants

• Haha 1

The stock and presumably nicked photographs of people that accompany those shite adverts on newspaper websites, the 'amazing news for anyone who bought Plumrose Hotdogs between 1987 and 2012', you know the sort of thing.  I saw one this morning and it was just a random bloke with a hipster beard.  Might as well have put a picture of a hedge or an Alsatian next to it

58 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

Still expensive but with dominos you can use the code AWESOME to get 50% off any pizzas as long as the price is over £20 before you put the code in.

im amazed that you can spend 20 quid on Dominoes... value range in Oz is only $5 (2 pound fifty)

Dominoes pizza is thoroughly unremarkable as well. Whenever I've had it I've assumed their business model was based on that characteristic of English consumers where people just buy the most expensive option assuming it's the best.

American Pizza on Hinckley Road all the way for me

8 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Dominoes pizza is thoroughly unremarkable as well. Whenever I've had it I've assumed their business model was based on that characteristic of English consumers where people just buy the most expensive option assuming it's the best.

American Pizza on Hinckley Road all the way for me

If that's the place I'm thinking of it looks so filthy I wouldn't serve the food produced in there to a dog.

33 minutes ago, MattP said:

If that's the place I'm thinking of it looks so filthy I wouldn't serve the food produced in there to a dog.

Well hopefully it's not the place you're thinking of.  I've not been in there for a while but I believe my man Hassan is still running the show and I've never had any concerns over cleanliness. Lovely clean man, he is