Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

This generation of man hating feminists 

She's definitely in the minority of "bat shit crazy" but there are enough of these people to harm genuine feminists that want social equality.

If you're unconcerned about innocent people losing their jobs and serving prison sentences then you're hurting egalitarianism.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

You're really talking about an extreme minority, rather than an entire generation, there.

She is an absolute fvckwit, but everyone who responds is giving her exactly what she wants.

She is, but this is no tiny extreme minority anymore. 

28 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

You're really talking about an extreme minority, rather than an entire generation, there.

She is an absolute fvckwit, but everyone who responds is giving her exactly what she wants.

Sorry I was probably a bit unclear but I meant this specific faction of ‘feminists’ rather than feminists as a whole. It’s more prevalent on the internet (obviously) than anywhere else but there are surprisingly large amounts that feel this way.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Attention seeking idiot says something controversial on social media shocker. 

This.

When they have legitimate political power and representation in government (like Spencer and his minority of idiots do in certain corners of the US legislature) and can begin to make good on shit like this, then I'll worry. Until then, it's so much hot air.

• Like 1

People with whom you share a mutual dislike buying birthday gifts, thus necessitating an awkward phone call expressing faux thanks for an unwelcome gift, insincerely given, merely to adhere to social convention.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

She's definitely in the minority of "bat shit crazy" but there are enough of these people to harm genuine feminists that want social equality.

If you're unconcerned about innocent people losing their jobs and serving prison sentences then you're hurting egalitarianism.

Bit like saying Katie Hopkins is damaging to right wing snobs. 

If you think every Daily Mail reader thinks like Katie Hopkins then you're going to hold that belief whether she's trolling twitter or not. 

If you're going to let this moron tar your view of contemporary Feminism then it probably wasn't all that favorable to begin with. 

Edited by Finnegan

Just now, Finnegan said:

Bit like saying Katie Hopkins is damaging to right wing snobs. 

If you think every Daily Mail reader thinks like Katie Hopkins then you're going to hold that belief whether she's trolling twitter or not. 

If you're going to let this moron tar your view of contemporary Feminism then it probably wasn't all that favorable to begin with. 

Don't think you've understood my point.

If more and more people start to agree with her opinion (2.1k likes on that tweet and she herself has 24k followers) then that's not a good thing and, like it or not, there are plenty of morons who are willing to have their view on true feminism distorted by that sort of thinking.

True feminists disagree with that tweet and will be shaking their heads.

54 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

This.

When they have legitimate political power and representation in government (like Spencer and his minority of idiots do in certain corners of the US legislature) and can begin to make good on shit like this, then I'll worry. Until then, it's so much hot air.

Did you not see the so called womens rights march? It ended with vandalism, people trying to block others going about their day and then Madonna on a stage threatening to blow up the Whitehouse? 

Millions turned up and these marches were organised by folk like her and sick militants like Linda Sarsour, of course that should concern people.

Edited by MattP

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If more and more people start to agree with her opinion (2.1k likes on that tweet and she herself has 24k followers) then that's not a good thing and, like it or not, there are plenty of morons who are willing to have their view on true feminism distorted by that sort of thinking.

I understood your point entirely and I'm tempted to just quote my post straight back to you again. 

If you're inclined to read that tweet and assume that this plonker is the voice of all Feminism then you're probably never going to be be all that sympathetic to feminists anyway. 

It's giving this woman infinitely too much credit to consider her fishing for RTs to be all that damaging to anything, to be honest. 

She serves very little purpose other than getting a few bored losers with too much time on their hands, like us, to debate about her for five minutes then forget her name. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Again though, no matter how many folks agree with her, the views she espouses aren't (at this time) under any threat of becoming legal. If people use such hot air without substance to colour their view of feminism...well, that's their problem. (Though yeah, it's idiotic and does nothing to help.)

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Did you not see the so called womens rights march? It ended with vandalism, people trying to block others going about their day and then Madonna on a stage threatening to blow up the Whitehouse? 

Millions turned up and these marches were organised by folk like her and sick militants like Linda Sarsour, of course that should concern people.

Again, when these people actually have political power and what they plan is legal, then perhaps worry. They're not exactly running the show right now as far as lawmaking and enforcing goes over here, are they? (Again, unlike Spencer and his goons who have people in high places who agree with him.)

Edited by leicsmac

It's a bit of a sore spot for me and I think it's a fair point that the modern-day bastardisation of feminism and its tendency to silence dissenters should be viewed as a free-speech concern in developed countries but on the other hand feminism as a movement is still hugely relevant globally and can do a lot of good in places like India and Saudi Arabia so we have to be careful not to throw the whole movement into one pigeon-hole because of some women in the developed world with a chip on their shoulder.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

It's a bit of a sore spot for me and I think it's a fair point that the modern-day bastardisation of feminism and its tendency to silence dissenters should be viewed as a free-speech concern in developed countries but on the other hand feminism as a movement is still hugely relevant globally and can do a lot of good in places like India and Saudi Arabia so we have to be careful not to throw the whole movement into one pigeon-hole because of some women in the developed world with a chip on their shoulder.

Biggest tragedy of it that, so many places the cause is desperately needed and should be supported by everyone.

Come to the West and it's about walking down the street with a vagina on your head and saying outrageous things about men on Twitter. 

37 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I understood your point entirely and I'm tempted to just quote my post straight back to you again. 

If you're inclined to read that tweet and assume that this plonker is the voice of all Feminism then you're probably never going to be be all that sympathetic to feminists anyway. 

It's giving this woman infinitely too much credit to consider her fishing for RTs to be all that damaging to anything, to be honest. 

She serves very little purpose other than getting a few bored losers with too much time on their hands, like us, to debate about her for five minutes then forget her name. 

Where have I said that that's what I think?

There are plenty of people in this world who do think along those lines as her and those people stunt the progress of social equality.

I'm entirely sympathetic towards feminism in its true form. I'm amazed you think otherwise.

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Where have I said that that's what I think?

There are plenty of people in this world who do think along those lines as her and those people stunt the progress of social equality.

I'm entirely sympathetic towards feminism in its true form. I'm amazed you think otherwise.

What? I don't mean you as in you specifically. 

I meant "you" as in "one." A person. 

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What? I don't mean you as in you specifically. 

I meant "you" as in "one." A person. 

In which case you agree with what I'm saying.

People who agree with her opinions are damaging feminism. Agree?

4 hours ago, Wookie said:

This generation of man hating feminists 

Question for you and all the above:

What is the greater evil, an innocent man losing their job over false sexual harassment claims, or a woman getting sexually harassed in the work place and her complaints ignored?

I have no idea who Emily Lindin is, but when it comes to discussing these things twitter opinions lose all nuance so I will try to elaborate on her behalf (I think it's called mansplaining), there is clearly a perfect point where all men guilty of sexual assault get punished and no innocent man is punished by false accusations (really the perfect point is nobody gets sexually harassed but we are a way off from that) and I'm sure Emily would agree with me as I'm sure would all of you. At the moment we are not very close to that perfect point, the balance of power is massively skewed against women in cases of sexual assault/harassment and the burden of proof required means that predatory men know they can get away with it, as long as there are no witnesses.

If we are going to redress the balance and get closer to that perfect point then maybe some innocent men might get caught up as collateral damage, anyone who falsely accuses men of sexual assault are scumbags, but do we just ignore and do nothing about systematic abuse in the workplace in case someone abuses that and an innocent man loses his job? How many woman not being abused/able to confront their abusers would you value at the same level of a man's career? How many innocent men's careers do you honestly think would be lost to false accusations if assault and harassment claims required the burden of proof to be on the accused to prove that they didn't do anything?

Personally I would like to think that nobody would ever falsely accuse someone out of spite, but I also think nobody would sexually harass and assault people at work and they do. All I can say is if I lost my job because of a false accusation I would be angry, but I would be angry at the person that accused me not the system that let it happen. At the moment victims of sexual assault and harassment are not believed and do not feel they have any option than to try and move past it, often quitting their jobs and losing their careers as well as their confidence and self respect, they are being abused by their attackers and let by the system that is designed to protect them. If we get to a point where victims of false accusation outnumber victims of sexual harassment then I will be concerned about them, but until then I don't think the risk of an innocent man losing his job is grounds for doing nothing, so I agree with her I am not concerned about it, at least not as much as I am concerned about systematic abuse in Westminster, Hollywood, the music industry and every single day.

Edited by Captain...

Anyway I came on here to vent about people being selfish pr*cks. Every time I go somewhere there will be someone who just acts like a pr*ck and there is no need for it. Case in point, last night I was at a gig, we were quite happily watching the support act and the venue was slowly filling up, but there was plenty of space about. This couple walk up and just stand right in front of us, the tall man standing right in front of my girlfriend and about 2 inches in front. She politely asked him if he could just move a bit, a step forward or a step to the right or left and everyone would be happy, as I said there was plenty of space. Instead of  moving slightly he decided to get into an argument be an aggressive patronising twat about it. There was literally no need, he didn't need to stand directly in front of anyone, the floor had a really good gradient and there was plenty of places to stand to see the stage, why he chose to stand 5 cms in front of my shortish girlfriend when he could have stood a couple of feet further forwards I don't know. Why his instant reaction was not to be polite and apologetic and argue the toss, I really don't know.