Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

2 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Well I tried the Fire Brigade and they were no fcking use, so who am I supposed to call?

Ghostbusters? :dunno:

In all seriousness, people complain about the lack of police numbers but they're busy tied up taking calls off idiots who can't get their bargain bucket :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Ghostbusters? :dunno:

In all seriousness, people complain about the lack of police numbers but they're busy tied up taking calls off idiots who can't get their bargain bucket :rolleyes:

Emergency call operators are civilian employees, not Old Bill.

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

Yes sorry you’re right. Even so, they shouldn’t be wasting valuable time taking calls about fried chicken. 

Those hard done to cons serving time for whatever they’ve done use their illicit mobile phones whenever they feel like it ...   no problem with the signal ...   probably a nice big mast close by to to help them .....    :thumbup: ....     can i get a decent signal where I live ?? ...    course I fvckin can’t !!! .....     :angry:

What is really doin my head in is the media mentioning one of the world's greatest bands in the same sentence as murdering jihadist scum like they are some sort of Arthur Daley lovable rogues. They want to murder you, me and all around us. God knows what John Lennon would make of it all. 

Edited by Eezgorritonim

A judge allowing a persistent offender, over 30 stated in her history.., to choose her own punishment sentence (one she opted for has allowed her to be back in the public eye again).

Thought the point of the judge is to get these types of individuals away from innocent victims/businesses.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/judge-lets-leicester-burglar-who-1246667

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

Couples who refer to their partners as 'babe'. 

Definitely this. Makes me squirm (and probably also a hint of jealously that me and the wife aren't this affectionate :()

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I call my wife babe on occasions lol .What's the harm?

No harm - I'm envious of your strong relationship lol

Do you do it in public though so everyone can hear? That's what I find a bit uncomfortable...

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

No harm - I'm envious of your strong relationship lol

Do you do it in public though so everyone can hear? That's what I find a bit uncomfortable...

It's nothing to do with strong relationship, it's just laziness, 1 syllable instead of 2  lol . I'm sure I have done it in public, I never give it any thought.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

It's nothing to do with strong relationship, it's just laziness, 1 syllable instead of 2  lol . I'm sure I have done it in public, I never give it any thought.

Yeah, 'darling' or 'sweetheart' is hard work and a right mouthful lol

23 hours ago, Buce said:

Not all of them. Civilian employee's can strike - police officers can't. There's a minimum numbers of police officers to cover the scenario of the civilians all getting up and walking off.

22 minutes ago, Milo said:

BBC licence tax. 

I rarely watch anything on the BBC, and largely just use it to view the teletext via the red button. But I use their main news website on a daily basis, but don't agree that I should pay for the latter alone imo.

I more often prefer to watch documentaries on Channel 4 and 5, and the Football on BT Sport. That's all, really.

If I had the choice, I'd scrap the BBC channels from my viewing list. The TV programmes don't really appeal, and seem to target an older audience.

19 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

43 minutes ago, Milo said:

BBC licence tax. 

I rarely watch anything on the BBC, and largely just use it to view the teletext via the red button. But I use their main news website on a daily basis, but don't agree that I should pay for the latter alone imo.

I more often prefer to watch documentaries on Channel 4 and 5, and the Football on BT Sport. That's all, really.

If I had the choice, I'd scrap the BBC channels from my viewing list. The TV programmes don't really appeal, and seem to target an older audience.

I don’t watch any tv at all. Not watched for a couple of years, bar the Leicester games. 

£4 billion a year, ffs. 

Build a hospital, scrap ridiculous university fees, look after old people, provide free out of hours school clubs...or whatever. Four.  Billion. Pounds...every year. 

8 hours ago, Eezgorritonim said:

What is really doin my head in is the media mentioning one of the world's greatest bands in the same sentence as murdering jihadist scum like they are some sort of Arthur Daley lovable rogues. They want to murder you, me and all around us. God knows what John Lennon would make of it all.

Given he was happy to fund and support a few terrorist groups, that's harder to guess that you're suggesting.

• Like 1