Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 4/10/2018 at 09:04, Finnegan said:

Thing with the Simpsons is that almost every character is an offensive stereotype. 

Working class people, wealthy people, white people, women, police officers, Australians, Italians, the British, Native Americans, Christians, in fact basically every nation going. 

None of it is done overtly offensively and nobody is either singled out or in fact excluded. 

Of course Apu is based on a bunch of ridiculous stereotypes but so are Homer, Mo, Flanders, etc. What's the difference? 

I was raging after this...

freshenyerdrink.png

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

The whole 'Empty-had' shite and claim Man City had no fans before the money rolled in. This claim always come in particularly from Spurs fans despite the fact Man City were averaging more in the third tier (over 28k) than Spurs probably would if they were in the championship.

Similarly, they "have no history" which is annoying in two senses, one being that it implies clubs don't have any history if they've never won anything, history is about club legends, folktales, myths and legends as much as winning. Secondly, Manchester City have won a lot in the past anyway ffs. They also share a large but not massive city with one of the largest clubs in the world so it's hardly surprising they don't always fill a 55,000+ ground.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wookie said:

Similarly, they "have no history" which is annoying in two senses, one being that it implies clubs don't have any history if they've never won anything, history is about club legends, folktales, myths and legends as much as winning. Secondly, Manchester City have won a lot in the past anyway ffs. They also share a large but not massive city with one of the largest clubs in the world so it's hardly surprising they don't always fill a 55,000+ ground.

Tottenham’s history has held them back for years anyway, history is just being used as snobbery in most cases. You can see what winning one title has done to large parts of our fan base and see what these already unbearable twats will be like in 40 years. 

• Haha 1

Waking up on my day off and seeing a message declaring that one of my co-workers has called in sick a few hours before the start of their shift.

Being the only member of staff willing to cover that shift despite a couple of other colleagues being better suited given their greater amount of free time - one even had the cheek to drop by and say hi about 15 minutes after the shift started.

The 'sick' colleague subsequently being spotted wandering around town in shorts and t-shirt enjoying the nice weather.

Letting my housemates know this morning as I left the house that due to this turn of events I'll need the laundry equipment as soon as I get home because today was going to be laundry day and I'm wearing yesterday's work shirt so I desperately need to clean my clothes for my early morning shift tomorrow, being assured that the machines will be free then getting home and being able to use the washing machine but then having to wait hours for the dryer because I live with dickheads who decide this means they should put their handful of clothes - which were being washed when I left - on an extra long drying cycle shortly before I got home meaning I've ended up staying up later than planned and will be getting minimal sleep tonight.

People are ****ing shit.

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Waking up on my day off and seeing a message declaring that one of my co-workers has called in sick a few hours before the start of their shift.

Being the only member of staff willing to cover that shift despite a couple of other colleagues being better suited given their greater amount of free time - one even had the cheek to drop by and say hi about 15 minutes after the shift started.

The 'sick' colleague subsequently being spotted wandering around town in shorts and t-shirt enjoying the nice weather.

Letting my housemates know this morning as I left the house that due to this turn of events I'll need the laundry equipment as soon as I get home because today was going to be laundry day and I'm wearing yesterday's work shirt so I desperately need to clean my clothes for my early morning shift tomorrow, being assured that the machines will be free then getting home and being able to use the washing machine but then having to wait hours for the dryer because I live with dickheads who decide this means they should put their handful of clothes - which were being washed when I left - on an extra long drying cycle shortly before I got home meaning I've ended up staying up later than planned and will be getting minimal sleep tonight.

People are ****ing shit.

Sounds like you live and work with people somewhere on the spectrum between "zero consideration for others" and "deliberately taking the piss"....but rather closer to the latter.

Unless you can persuade them to change, sounds as if you need a new job and place to live.....often easier said than done, I appreciate.

Commiserations - and hope you can sort the fvckers out, preferably without resorting to extreme violence, tempting as that must be!  

12 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Sounds like you live and work with people somewhere on the spectrum between "zero consideration for others" and "deliberately taking the piss"....but rather closer to the latter.

Unless you can persuade them to change, sounds as if you need a new job and place to live.....often easier said than done, I appreciate.

Commiserations - and hope you can sort the fvckers out, preferably without resorting to extreme violence, tempting as that must be!  

Fortunately on the work front the important colleagues are top people which is a first for me so I'm actually happy with this place overall. You may have a point on the home front though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Fortunately on the work front the important colleagues are top people which is a first for me so I'm actually happy with this place overall. You may have a point on the home front though.

Glad to hear work's not so bad. Problems at home OR work are tolerable short-term, but problems in both locations aren't tolerable for very long.

• Thanks 1

People moaning about royal baby coverage, I don’t watch the news on tv so I suppose it might be overbearing there but there’s a few people that make a big spectacle of telling others how little they care about it, right. It’s got to the stage where you see more people moaning about the coverage than annoying coverage itself.

“A woman has had a baby” wasn’t funny the first time somebody said it, when hundreds more people think they’re  being funny by saying it’s even worse.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Wookie said:

People moaning about royal baby coverage, I don’t watch the news on tv so I suppose it might be overbearing there but there’s a few people that make a big spectacle of telling others how little they care about it, right. It’s got to the stage where you see more people moaning about the coverage than annoying coverage itself.

“A woman has had a baby” wasn’t funny the first time somebody said it, when hundreds more people think they’re  being funny by saying it’s even worse.

I wouldnt say more people moan about it then those who don't but i think more people just dont care anymore and let it be known lol.

I dont care about it at all but then again shes fit and id love her to have my child lol

7 hours ago, Wookie said:

The same people that moan when a celebrity dies and it's on the news and they say "Yeah but my gran died, they never mentioned that. Double standards." FFS

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wookie said:

The only thing that annoys about the coverage is the clambering for a first picture. Unless it's black I don't give a ****. What exactly are people expecting from a picture of a baby.