Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

That fvcking Lloyds Bank advert with all them horses on the beach. What the fvck is that all about?

Accompanied by the slow ballad "You're not alone" and the token disabled, pregnant and ethnic minority people all together stroking horses noses.

What a crock of shit and a piss poor bank from my experience. Get in the bin

Taking a popular old song, stripping back the instrumentals, slowing down the tempo, and then adding a breathless, quiet female vocalist seems to be the formula for a lot of adverts these days.

• Like 1

I don't watch much television but I'll occasionally see it when my daughter or the missus has it on. There is one advert (I have no idea what it's advertising) that features a trouserless bald guy wearing a jacket and women's high heels.

I feel irrationally wound up by it.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

I don't watch much television but I'll occasionally see it when my daughter or the missus has it on. There is one advert (I have no idea what it's advertising) that features a trouserless bald guy wearing a jacket and women's high heels.

I feel irrationally wound up by it.

I think that's the old annoying Money Supermarket advert. Which was replaced by an advert with an annoying fat builder swinging on a wrecking ball. Which was in turn replaced by the annoying He-Man/Skeletor Dirty Dancing advert. Which was in turn replaced by the annoying Action Man dance routine advert. Basically, Money Supermarket adverts get annoying very quickly.

• Thanks 1

Guest seanfox778

That “we have some news about your ticket” email from the lottery. Winning £2.90 when a ticket costs £2.50 is not email worthy.

23 hours ago, MattP said:

They don't, but it's a great way for them to show us how dippy they are without even opening their mouths so at least keep the option open for them.

Nothing screams "trust fund" like a white kid with dreads.

Really? Screams more hippie that hasn't showered in a month to me

Guest MattP
14 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Really? Screams more hippie that hasn't showered in a month to me

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

People opposite us are council tenants. Two Anglian Windows vans pulled up this morning and proceeded to replace all their windows with new ones. This is the second time in 14 years that this has happened. 

They have also had a new kitchen, two new bathrooms and a completely new roof in that time.

The couple that live there choose not to work.

I have no problem at all in paying tax that helps people that need help. I have a big fvcking problem with paying tax so lazy, fat arsed, workshy, 40 fags a day types can get new kitchen, bathrooms and windows.

I know it happens all over, but when it's rubbed in your face it's a bit of a wind up.     

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

People that go mwah mwah when they kiss/greet people ...   what the flying fook is that all about !!!

I have a theory about this.

I believe it is to differentiate between a greeting and an amorous kiss.

7 hours ago, Countryfox said:

People that go mwah mwah when they kiss/greet people ...   what the flying fook is that all about !!!

Who knows but next time just whip your cack out and say mwah mwah back. They wont do it again.lol

18 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

The dance routine action man thing on Moneysupermarket. Cannot tell you how many TVs I've smashed as a result of that advert.

None?... is it none?... I bet its none :)

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Milo said:

People opposite us are council tenants. Two Anglian Windows vans pulled up this morning and proceeded to replace all their windows with new ones. This is the second time in 14 years that this has happened. 

They have also had a new kitchen, two new bathrooms and a completely new roof in that time.

The couple that live there choose not to work.

I have no problem at all in paying tax that helps people that need help. I have a big fvcking problem with paying tax so lazy, fat arsed, workshy, 40 fags a day types can get new kitchen, bathrooms and windows.

I know it happens all over, but when it's rubbed in your face it's a bit of a wind up.     

It's done for the benefit of the asset (the property) as opposed to primarily being done for the tenants. 

Although having it done twice in a relatively short space of time is unusual. Perhaps there was something wrong with the first lot of windows. 

I think there's legal obligations for social landlords to replace bathroom, kitchens, roofs within a certain time frame. 

On 22/06/2018 at 12:56, MattP said:

They don't, but it's a great way for them to show us how dippy they are without even opening their mouths so at least keep the option open for them.

Nothing screams "trust fund" like a white kid with dreads.

Reminds me of the guy with dreadlocks in Inbetweeners 2. Probably one of my most disliked characters in film, mainly because we've all met a guy like that when abroad /hostelling.

39 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Is yesterday's win for England really the biggest news story this morning? If you care about football you already know, if you don't care about football it's of no interest.

It isn't the top story on the BBC, Guardian, Independent, Times or Torygraph websites. 

You might want to question your choice of news source. 

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It isn't the top story on the BBC, Guardian, Independent, Times or Torygraph websites. 

I'm watching BBC Breakfast news and it's the headline story.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

It was the lead story on the BBC Breakfast News just now.

Christ! Imagine the hysteria if, say, they beat Belgium and win in the last 16!

I assume that the BBC feel they are just responding to the public mood. They showed footage of large crowds at public screenings of yesterday's match all around the country - and I presume it wasn't just regular football fans attending those.

Maybe they're also aware of criticism that "it's always just bad news" that they broadcast.

It doesn't "grind my gears" but I do find it weird. It fills some function in easing social acceptance. People uninterested in football  express opinions about England's progress and thereby feel accepted, part of something bigger.

I find that strange. If someone starts talking to me about a big media event that is of no great interest to me (e.g. royal wedding, Olympics, X Factor), I'll show some curiosity out of politeness and because I'm interested in other people.

But I wouldn't feel that I should get excited about those events or have an opinion.

If England progress much further, I wonder if it might feed into the mood over Brexit/national politics one way or another? I know that I might attract some hate for saying that, but they do reckon that the 1970 general election was partly timed to take advantage of public optimism over England at the World Cup - which then backfired after they lost 2-3 to Germany just before the election. It could affect the public mood in either direction (and differently in Wales/Scotland!) - or I could be talking complete bollocks! :D 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2010/apr/21/world-cup-1970-harold-wilson

• Like 1