Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

23 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

How many sickies is an employee generally allowed to have before they get investigated?

Every company is different but at my place it’s 3 occasions. 1 day off is the same as having 1 month off as it goes on occasions. 

I had 2 days off last December when I got that Norovirus. There’s a bloke who I work with who today started his 11th week on the sick. Me having 2 days will still be treated the same as him having 11 weeks.

Do they not do a Bradford points scoring system?

thats how my company works and it discourages multiple occasions. 

5 days off on 1 occasion would be 5 points

1 day off on 5 occasions is worked out as 1*1 then plus 2*2 (2nd day, 2nd occasion) and so on and so forth on the amount of occasions.

if you reach 60 points you get called out on it and then at various further intervals you can be in for disciplinary.

theres often been a myth that you are “allowed” 10 free sick days per year. Haha if only

No anything we’ve tried to change regarding sick just gets rejected by the union. We tried enforcing it but were threatened with strike action. 

The annoying thing is it encourages people to take longer off than necessary. Why have a Monday off if hungover when you can have the week off and it will still be treated the same. 

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

How many sickies is an employee generally allowed to have before they get investigated?

Company is very lenient on this, we only require a doctor's note after 7 consecutive days of absence which is far more easy going than my previous places of employment.

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

At least you’re young and fit mate.

I remember back in my retail days doing double shifts and staying late to put promotions in and also working through the night to get new stores ready to open. Madness when I look back on it and no way I could do it now.

Hope you get the time back and some decent R&R after.

As it works out I'm getting a mid-week weekend tomorrow and weds... Presuming the dude can work tomorrow...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Every company is different but at my place it’s 3 occasions. 1 day off is the same as having 1 month off as it goes on occasions. 

I had 2 days off last December when I got that Norovirus. There’s a bloke who I work with who today started his 11th week on the sick. Me having 2 days will still be treated the same as him having 11 weeks.

Same as my company.

There's a woman has had around 6 months off on the sick & during that time I've had 2 days sick (1 day for ankle ligaments & 1 day for food poisoning) where I could of easily of took 3 - 4 days off on each occasion if I didn't have a conscience. Yet my 2 days is viewed twice as bad as one 6 month period.

utterly ridiculous.

24 minutes ago, glenny_fox said:

Same as my company.

There's a woman has had around 6 months off on the sick & during that time I've had 2 days sick (1 day for ankle ligaments & 1 day for food poisoning) where I could of easily of took 3 - 4 days off on each occasion if I didn't have a conscience. Yet my 2 days is viewed twice as bad as one 6 month period.

utterly ridiculous.

Its an absolute p1ss take. The other year i was hanging badly on new years day, still turned up for my shift and battled through. The girl living 2 houses up from the shop bailed and bails regularly on shifts for being hungover. Yet I got more grief and questioning for actually turning up? 

Ours is around five days before you hit the trigger points.

I worked with someone once who reckoned his place of work (local authority related, I think) actually had a sickness day allowance. He said that some people would say they still had "8 days sick to take" and would use it like annual leave. This would've been what, 20-25 years ago.

Don't know how accurate that is but I was baffled. Oldies had it well easy back in the day ;) 

47 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Yeah saw that years ago, terrible film. Although her fanny-fangs seemed in good nick, I reckons she flosses regularly

Pretty much everything termed a horror comedy is terrible. Worst is zombeavers though. Started with the title. Should have stopped there too.

10 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Pretty much everything termed a horror comedy is terrible. Worst is zombeavers though. Started with the title. Should have stopped there too.

Zombieland is ****ing superb. 

Then again, most things with Woody Harrelson are ****ing superb. 

People who put read receipts on their dull, unimportant emails.

11 hours ago, The Doctor said:

They should have stopped with Sean Of The Dead because nothing else has gotten close.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, The Blur said:

People who dare to misspell the Shaun of the Dead.

Oh sorry, I was talking about the Irish version. Sean hides in Kelly's Cellar drinking Bushmills to hide from the army of zombies in strange sashes shambling above. 

Edited by Finnegan

23 hours ago, Finnegan said:

On the one hand, Sean of the Dead was brilliant. 

On the other hand, it didn't have Woody Harrelson. Tough. 

It isn't even close.  I'll give you that Zombieland's a step above most horror comedies but Shaun of the Dead is in a league of its own.

And let's not forget that Woody Harrelson is in both of the Now You See Me films.

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

It isn't even close.  I'll give you that Zombieland's a step above most horror comedies but Shaun of the Dead is in a league of its own.

And let's not forget that Woody Harrelson is in both of the Now You See Me films.

And he's wonderful in them. 

(I have a problem) 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Haha 1