Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 21:45, Wymeswold fox said:

Feel that this is quite a strange comment from a certain Ian Stringer, even if he was being genuine and not looking for negative reactions.

Perhaps there are openly-gay footballers around, but are actually not confident enough to reveal it publically over fears of being abused by trolls etc?

He's not trying very hard, if its a genuine plea.

There are numerous teams across the country which are openly advertised as being LGBT-friendly/inclusive, including one in our very own city (Leicester Wildecats). If he needs to speak to a gay footballer for whatever reason, perhaps he'd do better going that route than appealing on twitter.

Asking about openly gay professionals seems weird, also. There aren't any in the UK who are publically open - that much is already known - so what makes him think that any who qualify would approach a relatively insignificant (in the grand scheme of things) local journalist to openly discuss it (and for him to break the story later)?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

People on here that write stuff like "qualiteeeee, intensiteeee".

Yes, Puel is French. Get over it.

Thank you, it’s about as funny as a sore cock.

Also “I blame Wellens”, probably funny a decade ago but not now. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Lazy Fookass shoppers who leave their trolley in the bay next to their car or on the path.

” Oh look there is a space.Oh wait”

”oh look at that trolley going across the car park on its own heading towards that new shiny car”

There are bays all over the place.

Damn right.

I put that in this thread sometime long ago. I suggested that the supermarkets should have snipers on the roof, taking out the lazy b'stards.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Am I the only person who thinks Bradley Wiggins is a complete bellend?

He's a Mod. It goes with the territory. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18952231

I still remember the great NME pastiche of Mods from 30 years ago:

"Being a Mod is all about looking good and knowing what you're talking about. On a Bank Holiday we go to Brighton on our scooters. When we get there we look good and know what we're talking about"

(or that's the gist, anyway!)  lol 

Edited by Alf Bentley

53 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Lazy Fookass shoppers who leave their trolley in the bay next to their car or on the path.

” Oh look there is a space.Oh wait”

”oh look at that trolley going across the car park on its own heading towards that new shiny car”

I caught one last year loading up the passenger seat of her car (in pyjamas ) and gets in to drive off . me " you leaving that there " her yes as i have a spinal injury " . She was not parked in the disabled bay and had managed to push the trolly around the store full of shopping but not 10 yards to the trolley bay . It's me who get screamed at calling me an arsehole :D

• Like 1

Guest MattP

Vegans who genuinely believe a Turkey now lives because they didn't have one for Christmas. 

Just means I got another one for New Year at half price.

32 minutes ago, MattP said:

Vegans who genuinely believe a Turkey now lives because they didn't have one for Christmas. 

Just means I got another one for New Year at half price.

Also vegans who just don’t give it a rest. We get it you’re vegan doesn’t mean your constant social media posts will make me stop eating delicious meat.

• Like 1

Nowtv seriously need to **** the **** off with the adverts. I pay more than any other streaming service for nowtv yet its the only one that actually advertises itself to its own subscribers. Plus the content has gotten shit af over the last six months. 

22 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Nowtv seriously need to **** the **** off with the adverts. I pay more than any other streaming service for nowtv yet its the only one that actually advertises itself to its own subscribers. Plus the content has gotten shit af over the last six months. 

I say the same about the BBC

On 02/01/2019 at 11:47, AKCJ said:

People on here that write stuff like "qualiteeeee, intensiteeee".

Yes, Puel is French. Get over it.

On 02/01/2019 at 13:03, Sir Shep said:

Thank you, it’s about as funny as a sore cock.

Also “I blame Wellens”, probably funny a decade ago but not now. 

39 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

"Prince of Punjab", "Blue Oyster Bar" etc.

Foxestalk's forced meme brigade, probably the only people in the world less funny than Foxestalk's forced pun brigade. 

Except maybe Jack Whitehall. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Foxestalk's forced meme brigade, probably the only people in the world less funny than Foxestalk's forced pun brigade. 

Except maybe Jack Whitehall. 

Grown men that write "For fuchs sake" on here belong in this category.

The patronising nature of the media with regards to the FA Cup.

Listening to talksport (yes, I know....) and the pre Tranmere v Spurs chat makes it out as if Tranmere should be privileged to even be on the same pitch as the mighty Spurs. Tranmere were in the 2nd tier not that long ago ffs, not like they're a national league side who've never played anyone decent.

Absolute cringe.

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I take that last bit as a personal affront.

I suppose that I could be the bigger man. I could try to avoid pun abuse. Instead, I could favour a blend of moaning, carping and risibly unfounded arrogance that would earn your approval.

Regrettably, I am far too vengeful to be that bigger man.

I shall await an opportunity to spew out the longest, most spurious series of cheap-and-cheesy puns ever to appear on Foxes Talk - and I shall copy you into every last one. You are destined to drown in cheese. 

A cheesy grin is called for: :D

(I bet you turn up your nose at emoticons, too.....so I'll make a point of using more in future :thumbup: :devil:)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

@Alf Bentley see a good pun is unexpected, its clever, it can be absolutely groan worthy and awful but still funny.

There's some genuinely funny people on here who've made some genuinely funny puns. They're not who grind my gears. 

It's the ten thousand idiots that follow spamming crap attempts that mostly aren't even actually puns or are so tenuous and forced it just doesn't work. All in a desperate bid to be laughed at on the Internet. Just awful. 

Exactly like the ten million intenditeee jokes or calling Wolves Wolvesalona every time they're mentioned. 

When the time is right, I'll try to summon up a few unexpected, clever, groanworthy, awful and funny puns for your delectation. Not tonight, though.

The female posters constantly getting mentioned in the Iborra threads regarding his imminent departure.

"must be devastated" etc etc...

Bit weird.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 2

On 02/01/2019 at 14:05, cambridgefox said:

” Oh look there is a space.Oh wait, i have tog et off my lazy arse and move that trolley”

10 hours ago, Tuna said:

The female posters constantly getting mentioned in the Iborra threads regarding his imminent departure.

"must be devastated" etc etc...

Bit weird.

Well you have to admit he is pretty hot.

On a serious note, i would have liked him to have stayed another year. He isnt the be all and end all of our MF issues, but for certain games he could offer something the others couldn't.

Just hoping we don't lose him and Silva this window and are left short. 

• Like 1