Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Remember the so called "Battle Of The Bridge" in 2016 when Chelsea stopped Tottenham winning the Premier League?

This is how Sam Matterface on TalkSPORT described it when discussing Spurs inability to beat Chelsea over the years last night prior to the Carabao cup semi final.

Really annoys me when people talk such shite about our title win. They say it often enough people will start to believe it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Totally agree. Jason Cundy was talking about 15/16 when Spurs ‘threw the title away’ a few days ago.

The whole ‘Spursy’ thing stems from people thinking they bottled the title and somehow we fluked it via the back door.

We’ll never really be given the credit we deserve by the media, and over time I think it’ll be seen more and more as ‘lucky little Leicester’.  

The amount of people I’ve also heard say we won it because the big clubs were ‘in transition’ at the time is also laughable.

We won it by 10 POINTS FFS. 

Says it all  really. To say big clubs were in transition is a cop out.  The players they had, the net spend the top 5 should have always been top 5 (sorry spurs). We just kicked ass plain and simple. Some butt hurt footy fans cant handle it. Makes the win even sweeter!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Izzy said:

Totally agree. Jason Cundy was talking about 15/16 when Spurs ‘threw the title away’ a few days ago.

The whole ‘Spursy’ thing stems from people thinking they bottled the title and somehow we fluked it via the back door.

We’ll never really be given the credit we deserve by the media, and over time I think it’ll be seen more and more as ‘lucky little Leicester’.  

The amount of people I’ve also heard say we won it because the big clubs were ‘in transition’ at the time is also laughable.

I always argue that the only thing Spurs bottled was a 2nd place finish, when of course we all know they finished 3rd.

The reality is re: title, Spurs were never really in the title race to bottle it in the first place.

• Like 1

The annoying thing for me about the perception of the title win is the belief that we did it winning 1-0 most weeks whilst Tottenham swept everyone aside. They scored 1 more goal than us.

We were thrilling to watch until the New Year, then had a slight dip before regaining form and seeing it through. We deserved it and were clear winners.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Izzy said:

Makes one want to.gggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrr   :protest:......:mad:..:@:frusty:..

we just have to make sure our gran-kids..never forget...!!!! ...steal a Winston Headline....Never was so much owed by so many to so few!!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xen said:

When people claim a signing was 'ridiculous' or 'stupid', despite the fact that at the time of signing it looked to be a sensible decision.

Not all signings work out, but that doesn't mean it was an inherently bad one in the first place. Iheanacho has been a relative flop here, but we were all excited when we signed him because he was young and had one of the best goals-per-minute ratios in Europe. We may as well not have bothered with Jakupovic, but had Hamer left when we thought he would, and had he kept some of his Hull form, then he would have been an astute backup for a reasonable price. Etc. Etc.

We can all (quite rightly) make criticisms in hindsight knowing what we do now, but criticising the original decision to sign based on what's happened after the fact (without consideration for the situation at the time) is blinkered and unnecessary. 

I dunno about Iheanacho, I was always suspicious. Strikes me as the kind of player Pearson was getting for £1 million or on loan from Man U back when we were in the championship. Silva was probably the stupidest signing... being after the deadline and thus ineligible to play for months...

7 hours ago, LiberalFox said:

I dunno about Iheanacho, I was always suspicious. Strikes me as the kind of player Pearson was getting for £1 million or on loan from Man U back when we were in the championship. Silva was probably the stupidest signing... being after the deadline and thus ineligible to play for months...

But again, the Silva signing on paper was a decent decision and we thought we'd get it through on time. A creative midfielder was exactly what we needed (particularly after losing DD) and a Portuguese international/club captain checked all the boxes. Things often go to the wire, but not usually to the extent that transfer did. Had we been 14 seconds quicker then he could have played straight away for Shakespeare and things might have turned out very very differently. 

Not a stupid signing at all, at the time. Which is exactly my point.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Corky said:

The annoying thing for me about the perception of the title win is the belief that we did it winning 1-0 most weeks whilst Tottenham swept everyone aside. They scored 1 more goal than us.

We were thrilling to watch until the New Year, then had a slight dip before regaining form and seeing it through. We deserved it and were clear winners.

Newcastle away was sensational viewing. We were unbelievably good.

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

That whiney sounding song, from The Greatest Showman, the one that Pink covered, and is now being used to flog beds. I can't escape it and I hate it.

sounds like your new bed folded up on you

41 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

That whiney sounding song, from The Greatest Showman, the one that Pink covered, and is now being used to flog beds. I can't escape it and I hate it.

I have three children and they've all discovered and love this song. They've also finally worked out how to instruct Alexa to play a song using spotify.

There's about 8 songs they tend to put on repeatedly. I allow it since it prevents them arguing. If you want it, I can put a custom shared playlist together on spotify.

46 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I have three children and they've all discovered and love this song. They've also finally worked out how to instruct Alexa to play a song using spotify.

There's about 8 songs they tend to put on repeatedly. I allow it since it prevents them arguing. If you want it, I can put a custom shared playlist together on spotify.

Nah, you're alright ta.

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Still signing and dating stuff as 2018 instead of 2019 cos I is stoopid

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Been putting 2018 when I mean 2019 and 2019 when I mean 2018, cos I is even stoopider.

Just now, StanSP said:

I've been putting 2019.

Wait, it's the 2000s?  :o

When did that happen?

44 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Football players touching their face / head a thousand times in a row looking for blood when it's quite clear there isn't any and ten million people watching at home on TV can blatantly see there was practically zero contact and they're faking it. 

Just concerned it might spoil their instagram poses after the match really.