Jump to content
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Recommended Posts

I've seen posts (mainly on Facebook) about the Australian bushfires guilt tripping people into donating money. One in particular was about how much was donated when Notre Dame burnt down. The post in question was something like 'what is wrong with humanity when a church is more important than our wildlife' or something along those lines. 

 

Now obviously the Australian bushfires are more of a tragedt and I have donated money myself but every funding page I've seen has eclipsed it's original target and I even saw 1 that has reached £15m. The intent of these posts are probably in good faith but I don't like them trying to shame people into parting with their money

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I've seen posts (mainly on Facebook) about the Australian bushfires guilt tripping people into donating money. One in particular was about how much was donated when Notre Dame burnt down. The post in question was something like 'what is wrong with humanity when a church is more important than our wildlife' or something along those lines. 

 

Now obviously the Australian bushfires are more of a tragedt and I have donated money myself but every funding page I've seen has eclipsed it's original target and I even saw 1 that has reached £15m. The intent of these posts are probably in good faith but I don't like them trying to shame people into parting with their money

It's the 'pray for Australia' posts I can't stand, Nah praying ain't gonna help but donating might.

 

I get what you mean about shaming though, I feel the same every time I see filthy rich celebs on Comic Relief.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Puregym being practically unusable from 2-9 due to the fact so many people hog the racks and benches, which is annoying but understandable, but also stacking every weight imaginable next to them as “in use” when they’re only doing fkn 6kg lateral raises

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

Puregym being practically unusable from 2-9 due to the fact so many people hog the racks and benches, which is annoying but understandable, but also stacking every weight imaginable next to them as “in use” when they’re only doing fkn 6kg lateral raises

And then leaving them there when they're done cos they're too lazy to put them all back :rolleyes:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

And then leaving them there when they're done cos they're too lazy to put them all back :rolleyes:

Yeah exactly, leaving all 4 of the 20s in different corners of the gymlol

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

Yeah exactly, leaving all 4 of the 20s in different corners of the gymlol

And not wiping their arse sweat patch off the bench afterwards :@

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OadbyBlue said:

Puregym being practically unusable from 2-9 due to the fact so many people hog the racks and benches, which is annoying but understandable, but also stacking every weight imaginable next to them as “in use” when they’re only doing fkn 6kg lateral raises

Stacked all the weights up, but everytime you look over they're on their phone :dry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Izzy said:

And not wiping their arse sweat patch off the bench afterwards :@

I wipe my arse sweat when I'm done on the bench. I just can't bring myself to clear up my semen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Izzy said:

And not wiping their arse sweat patch off the bench afterwards :@

Gyms in general are disgusting for cleanliness. Go there, do your thang then go home and shower in a cleaner environment. Not a germaphobe at all....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Gyms in general are disgusting for cleanliness. Go there, do your thang then go home and shower in a cleaner environment. Not a germaphobe at all....

 

I'm starting to think that's the way forward tbh.

 

Our Gym was previously a DW and then closed for a few months to be re-fitted as PureGym. It only opened again 3 weeks ago all brand new but the showers are already gross with piss stains and pubes blocking the plug holes  :angry:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'm starting to think that's the way forward tbh.

 

Our Gym was previously a DW and then closed for a few months to be re-fitted as PureGym. It only opened again 3 weeks ago all brand new but the showers are already gross with piss stains and pubes blocking the plug holes  :angry:

That’s vile, my gym seems moderately clean but even then I’d never use the showers. The dried on sh!t stains that appear from time to time in the loos make me wonder how many people are p!ssing in the showers too 😷
 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'm starting to think that's the way forward tbh.

 

Our Gym was previously a DW and then closed for a few months to be re-fitted as PureGym. It only opened again 3 weeks ago all brand new but the showers are already gross with piss stains and pubes blocking the plug holes  :angry:

If you do a bit of man grooming Izzy you’ll soon stop blocking those plug holes 👍 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The annual debate about the magic of the FA Cup. Has the FA Cup lost it's magic? Er, yes, we've been discussing whether it has for 15-20 years now. Ronnie Radford, Sutton, Wrexham were all great but bear no relevance to today's game- it has changed.

 

The FA Cup is still important and very much still worth winning but it isn't what it used to be for a number of reasons. Unfortunately, you have to accept it and live with the times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Corky said:

The annual debate about the magic of the FA Cup. Has the FA Cup lost it's magic? Er, yes, we've been discussing whether it has for 15-20 years now. Ronnie Radford, Sutton, Wrexham were all great but bear no relevance to today's game- it has changed.

 

The FA Cup is still important and very much still worth winning but it isn't what it used to be for a number of reasons. Unfortunately, you have to accept it and live with the times.

carragher made a good point on his twitter today, every weekend these days is like what the FA cup was 30 odd years ago. 

 

people hark back to the days when everyone got excited, but everyone got excited because it was big teams against small teams, massive upsets, every game was on tele and people spent the week talking about whatever the "big" fixtures were. we have all of that every week now. sometimes twice a week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something that slightly grinds my gears but people of all political persuasions treating journalists' tweets as though they are their personal opinions even if they've made it clear that they are not.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What grinds my gears is Victoria Coren trying to be comedienne at the end of every Only Connect. More time for the missing vowels round and less time for her feeble jokes would be appreciated. Btw, the contestants on that show make most of the contestants on University Challenge look like complete idiots. One of the exceptions was Ted Loveday, with his wonderful 'hapax legomenon' moment on UC a few years ago. Perhaps he was an example of a student more interested in lucubration than lubrication! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People who wait until they're stood Infront of the barriers in stations before getting their tickets ready, you're holding everyone up.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Langston said:

People who wait until they're stood Infront of the barriers in stations before getting their tickets ready, you're holding everyone up.

This, and to add to this, people in cafes, take aways etc. who wait until they are at the front of the line to start thinking about what they’ll order. You’ve been lining up for 15 minutes then, hmmmm.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People that park in the holiday inn car park and try to barge through the crowds of people exiting the stadium. Can't they use their brains and wait 10 minutes? If they want a quick escape either leave early or park elsewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

When a property only has one pic on RightMove, I know what you're up to you cheeky bastards, one ticket to cursed interior parkway is it

Dont rule those out completely if house hunting, they are sometimes below market value and might be worth going for.

 

If its in an area you want to buy, go and view it anyway but expect the worst in terms of interior design as you say. You can then try to figure out if the cost of getting it to your spec plus the cost of the house is within your budget.

 

The flat I'm in now was a one picture job on rightmove and indeed, the comestics were a mess however structurally it was fine, its in a nice area and its got a lot of sq footage for a flat so we got it to the standards we wanted. 

 

But yeah still a pain in the arse not seeing pics inside the house from the off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wind chimes.  You know those things that make a tinkling noise when the breeze gently sends them into contact with each other.  Except that one of our neighbours has the worlds largest wind chimes and when it's winter and half a gale is blowing those things sound like a demented version of Tubular Bells which can be annoying around midnight.   I'm assured that they're meant to be relaxing but I'm tempted to show just how relaxing I find Easy Living by Uriah Heep at 120dB at midnight.  But we also have some considerate neighbours so I don't.  But the wind chimes are just noise pollution.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...