Jump to content
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Spot on 

 

31 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Absolutely spot on

 

29 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

 

 

Got to say boys you're bloody spot on with this

Close thread

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

The obsession with the weirdos who want to get threads to 100 pages. Just been on the Fofana transfer thread and for nearly 2 pages it’s people going on about getting to 100 pages. 
 

It wasn’t funny 9 years ago it definitely isn’t funny nowadays. Cvnts

Likewise when when a new thread is opened on a player we've never heard, there are loads of forced, unfunny pun attempts on their name.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/09/2020 at 20:24, Livid said:

When someone uses the ‘You must be Livid’ response on here and thinks they’re the first :rolleyes:

Still makes me laugh every time I see it though. I’ve got a child’s mind lol 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

People complaining to Ofcom. This time specifically about the Dennis Nilsen programme.

 

I mean, what did they expect to see? A programme about a serial killer might have some upsetting scenes. Do people not research before watching these shows?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Corky said:

People complaining to Ofcom. This time specifically about the Dennis Nilsen programme.

 

I mean, what did they expect to see? A programme about a serial killer might have some upsetting scenes. Do people not research before watching these shows?

Lots were complaining about him smoking a lot 🙄 Really do these people have nothing better to do? Its a drama depicting a real life character, and people smoke in real life, and back in the 80's in was allowed indoors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

We watched it as family member was in it ..  but was pretty darn good ..  and quite chilling.   Tennant was superb. 

Intrigued to know who your relative played now you've said that lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Intrigued to know who your relative played now you've said that lol

You see her in the first ten minutes and quite a lot in the second episode ..   

 

And that’s all I’m saying ...   :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Lots were complaining about him smoking a lot 🙄 Really do these people have nothing better to do? Its a drama depicting a real life character, and people smoke in real life, and back in the 80's in was allowed indoors.

Yeah, so British for some to ignore the graphic scenes and talk and focus on the smoking as the worst thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

You see her in the first ten minutes and quite a lot in the second episode ..   

 

And that’s all I’m saying ...   :)

Is it the one who plays the coppers Mrs? :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Corky said:

People complaining to Ofcom. This time specifically about the Dennis Nilsen programme.

 

I mean, what did they expect to see? A programme about a serial killer might have some upsetting scenes. Do people not research before watching these shows?

Hmmmm, here’s a program about a serial killer whose also a cannibal, let’s watch it and complain about the content..... some people!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Hmmmm, here’s a program about a serial killer whose also a cannibal, let’s watch it and complain about the content..... some people!

Like watching MOTD and complaining about all the football.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Corky said:

People complaining to Ofcom. This time specifically about the Dennis Nilsen programme.

 

I mean, what did they expect to see? A programme about a serial killer might have some upsetting scenes. Do people not research before watching these shows?

 

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Lots were complaining about him smoking a lot 🙄 Really do these people have nothing better to do? Its a drama depicting a real life character, and people smoke in real life, and back in the 80's in was allowed indoors.

 

1 hour ago, PAULCFC said:

Don't watch much tv,but i thought D Tennent was brilliant in this.

It was about as direct and real as it could get. Brilliantly filmed and directed. Nothing in it was previously unknown to the general public and many of those that complained must have read the newspapers at the time. Just sad, serial moaners, I expect.

 

Me and the wife were remarking on the amount of characters smoking in this series. We agree that in those times people smoked A LOT. But was it necessary for the plot line and the story that almost every person was chain-smoking? Doesn't bother me in particular, but it seemed to be making a point. 

 

Agreed, Tennant was spectacularly excellent. If you watch the follow up documentary, which he narrates, it's chilling how accurate he was in his portrayal of Nielsen and how much they look like each other.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Parafox said:

 

 

It was about as direct and real as it could get. Brilliantly filmed and directed. Nothing in it was previously unknown to the general public and many of those that complained must have read the newspapers at the time. Just sad, serial moaners, I expect.

 

Me and the wife were remarking on the amount of characters smoking in this series. We agree that in those times people smoked A LOT. But was it necessary for the plot line and the story that almost every person was chain-smoking? Doesn't bother me in particular, but it seemed to be making a point. 

 

Agreed, Tennant was spectacularly excellent. If you watch the follow up documentary, which he narrates, it's chilling how accurate he was in his portrayal of Nielsen and how much they look like each other.

On the smoking, I think if you're going to make an accurate depiction, you make an accurate depiction. If those people smoked a lot, then that's how you show them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

On the smoking, I think if you're going to make an accurate depiction, you make an accurate depiction. If those people smoked a lot, then that's how you show them.

Agreed, but I thought there was some kind of limitation on characters in TV drama/soaps being seen to be smoking to try to limit it being a "thing". It just seemed to be in every scene. There's cinematic accuracy and then there's cinematic licence. The amount and regularity of smoking could have been scaled down without having any detriment to the story.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Parafox said:

Agreed, but I thought there was some kind of limitation on characters in TV drama/soaps being seen to be smoking to try to limit it being a "thing". It just seemed to be in every scene. There's cinematic accuracy and then there's cinematic licence. The amount and regularity of smoking could have been scaled down without having any detriment to the story.

Only really remember the Neilsen character smoking an obvious amount, and if he was famously a chain smoker I have no problem with that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Only really remember the Neilsen character smoking an obvious amount, and if he was famously a chain smoker I have no problem with that.

Nor do I and he may well have been, particularly given that his stress levels must have been sky high. Most of the other main characters, in particular the police officers were also smoking in virtually every scene. I'm not that bothered but it did seem very much more than was necessary for the story.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...