Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

18 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Zvarev could, i dunno about nick he's obv got the tools for a good grass game but.......well he's mental state is dreadful.

Well Kyrgios has had a good run before, as you say all depends mentally with him but he had a good start to the season picking up a few good results, perform at that standard I expect a good run.

27 minutes ago, kingfox said:

All on Stan's racket, Murray relying on errors.

...that Murray is forcing from Stan, at least for the most part. That's how he takes on Stan most of the time, after all - he can't match his power game.

Proper ding-dong stuff this, here's hoping those two BP's in the last game don't come back to bite Murray.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

...that Murray is forcing from Stan, at least for the most part. That's how he takes on Stan most of the time, after all - he can't match his power game.

Proper ding-dong stuff this, here's hoping those two BP's in the last game don't come back to bite Murray.

Can look at it both ways, if Stan puts it together he wins, if he gifts errors Murray wins.

Poor game from Stan just now to give Murray a chance to serve for the 3rd.

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Can look at it both ways, if Stan puts it together he wins, if he gifts errors Murray wins.

Poor game from Stan just now to give Murray a chance to serve for the 3rd.

Yeah, I think if Stan puts it together he beats anyone on the Tour.

Murray had no right to win that set, but he came through - now to push on from here!

Just now, leicsmac said:

Yeah, I think if Stan puts it together he beats anyone on the Tour.

Murray had no right to win that set, but he came through - now to push on from here!

Really had no right to win the 1st either, Wawrinka not capitalising on a break.

Murray battling well along with Stan handing out a few gifts. Murray closed out the 3rd well by pushing Stan back and forcing him wide.

Just now, kingfox said:

Really had no right to win the 1st either, Wawrinka not capitalising on a break.

Murray battling well along with Stan handing out a few gifts. Murray closed out the 3rd well by pushing Stan back and forcing him wide.

That's what Murray does. He takes the power game of others and turns it on its head. Mind you, that kind of chameleon behaviour has been a part of his play for years.

He doesn't have the power of Stan or say, Raonic, nor the durability of the Nole of last couple of years...but he is so adept at adapting to the styles of other players and working to neutralise them.

• Like 1

Mixed feelings about that one. In the one hand given Murray's  clay form if you'd offered me a semi final loss for him before the tournament started I would have taken it. On the other hand, being two sets to one up against Stan and not finishing things off is a missed opportunity.