Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Predicted her for the final but didn't predict her to win.

Looked down and out in the 2nd then somehow turned it around, 3-1 down in the 3rd but from then on she showed confidence and patience.

A Grand Slam winner at 20 years old, yet she still has things she can work on, impressive!

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Amazing from Tommy Haas ? Just beat federer in Stuttgart. I honestly thought he retired 12-18 months ago, apparently not.

Just watched too.

Great prep for Fed :unsure:

Tommy rolling back the years, always randomly pops up now and then.

29 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Just watched too.

Great prep for Fed :unsure:

Tommy rolling back the years, always randomly pops up now and then.

Turned it on the other day when he was playing Herbert and presumed it was robin until the I saw it was tommy lol 

39!

12 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Turned it on the other day when he was playing Herbert and presumed it was robin until the I saw it was tommy lol 

39!

Think it said it will be his last year on Grass so I guess he's retiring at end of season.

Beat Fed before a few years back in Stuttgart or Halle which was also random.

Legend!

Queens underway - still my favourite tournament of the year.

Can't really look past Murray here, but definite potential for someone like Raonic or Cilic to win. The courts are always immaculate, too! Shame Edmund is already gone, but an all-Brit match tomorrow between Murray and Bedene awaits.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Queens underway - still my favourite tournament of the year.

Can't really look past Murray here, but definite potential for someone like Raonic or Cilic to win. The courts are always immaculate, too! Shame Edmund is already gone, but an all-Brit match tomorrow between Murray and Bedene awaits.

All British lol after his recent comments  I've determined he's just a self serving Cnut with no loyalty to anyone but himself. Hope Murray wipes the floor with him. 

Have to how he plays but if there's one surface you'd expect Murray to thrive on its grass and he had a good French so I agree in the hope he kicks on. 

Edmund chucked it away really basically handed  0-40 away in what proved to be final game, great performance by broady in brum though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

All British lol after his recent comments  I've determined he's just a self serving Cnut with no loyalty to anyone but himself. Hope Murray wipes the floor with him. 

Have to how he plays but if there's one surface you'd expect Murray to thrive on its grass and he had a good French so I agree in the hope he kicks on. 

Edmund chucked it away really basically handed  0-40 away in what proved to be final game, great performance by broady in brum though.

Yeah, I did hesitate a little before writing that one lol but that's what the official ATP records say, haha. FWIW I think Murray will hand his arse to him tomorrow in any case.

The grass court season is usually where Murray has indeed been strong, here's hoping that he can be again. I think he's favourite for both Queens and Wimbledon if he plays like he did on grass courts last year.

Shame about Edmund, would have been good for him to show a good run here.

19 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah, I did hesitate a little before writing that one lol but that's what the official ATP records say, haha. FWIW I think Murray will hand his arse to him tomorrow in any case.

The grass court season is usually where Murray has indeed been strong, here's hoping that he can be again. I think he's favourite for both Queens and Wimbledon if he plays like he did on grass courts last year.

Shame about Edmund, would have been good for him to show a good run here.

Literally open mouthed when he said he was considering switching back to Slovenia to play at tokoyo 2020. Hope they don't take him back.

4 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Literally open mouthed when he said he was considering switching back to Slovenia to play at tokoyo 2020. Hope they don't take him back.

He really said that? Dayum...that's takin it over the line, Aljaz.

That being said, I doubt the Davis Cup authorities giving him the cold shoulder regarding representing GB did much to foster positive sentiment regarding his move.

9 hours ago, leicsmac said:

He really said that? Dayum...that's takin it over the line, Aljaz.

That being said, I doubt the Davis Cup authorities giving him the cold shoulder regarding representing GB did much to foster positive sentiment regarding his move.

You're right but ultimately so what? 

Your suppose to play for your country due to pride and sentiment not play for the one most likely to win the Davis cup and then switch back when  you realise you might get to go to the Olympics if you do. 

anyways he's pulled out.

20 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You're right but ultimately so what? 

Your suppose to play for your country due to pride and sentiment not play for the one most likely to win the Davis cup and then switch back when  you realise you might get to go to the Olympics if you do. 

anyways he's pulled out.

You'll get no disagreement from me on any of that. I want to like the guy, but...

Looks like Murray is playing a guy called Jordan Thompson instead, then.

For those of you not understanding my cynicism towards mr Murray this year this, bar the French open this is the Murray I've had to watch nearly all year, expect him to Improve but first set dreadful.

Edited by Manwell Pablo