Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

Did he just say it then? I just assumed he was asked a question and gave an honest answer.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure. I know he was on a radio show, but whether they asked him or if he went down that route by himself I don't know.

Guest MattP

Donald Young serving for set here against Djokovic and the BBC are in the studio talking.

Sooner all sport is taken off it the better.

Guest MattP

lollollol

Young v Djokovic in a tie break and they've gone from the studio to a women's match on Court One - you can't make this shit up.

Edited by MattP

On 22/06/2017 at 18:42, Manwell Pablo said:

He pulls out Dustin Brown first round there's a tenner going down.

You might get that wish a round later lol

Looking at his section, Brown, Fognini, Kyrgios and Pouille all in it, form and that hip problem he'd be lucky to make it past R4.

Edited by kingfox

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

Looking at his section, Brown, Fognini, Kyrgios and Pouille all in it, form and that hip problem he'd be lucky to make it past R4.

Got to be worth a nominal bet, unless the bookies get proper shy.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Got to be worth a nominal bet, unless the bookies get proper shy.

Go for it, another unpredictable tournament for Murray going in and we know Brown can be dangerous.

Looking at the rest of the draw the bottom half is stacked, will be a good watch to see who comes through that.

25 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Brown has been poor this season though and even on the grass. Firmly believe if Brown makes R2 he'll easily be rolled over by Murray 

Murray has not rolled anyone over easily all year. lol  itd be nice though, he seemed to play he was into the French which will be harder to do here.

Dustins anyhow brilliant one minute shite the next this isn't a poor season for him it's pretty much par. he performed well at Halle I know he lost to RBA but I watched the match and it was very even affair.

5 hours ago, kingfox said:

That is a good section for Murray all told. Could have been a lot more dangerous.

Fognini is nowhere near the threat on grass as he is on clay, Kyrgios has regressed again recently after a promising start to the season, and he has absolutely owned Pouille in every meeting so far.

7 minutes ago, martyn said:

That is a good section for Murray all told. Could have been a lot more dangerous.

Fognini is nowhere near the threat on grass as he is on clay, Kyrgios has regressed again recently after a promising start to the season, and he has absolutely owned Pouille in every meeting so far.

Could of been better, could of been worse, like I said it's another unpredictable tournament for Murray going in. Same as the French, talk of poor form and a possible niggle going in then he reached the Semis. Seeing clips of him practicing this week he looks pretty uncomfortable.

As you said Kyrgios had a great start to the season, I think a downward spiral in the Clay season was to be expected though, pulled out of Queens because of a fall so like Murray he's had little preparation. Pouille seems to favour Grass, he should have another decent run nonetheless.

When I first looked at that draw for Murray I was somewhat horrified, but indeed taking a little time to think about it leads you to thinking it's not all that bad. Brown is the huge wildcard - if he has a good day Murray had better have one too because otherwise he has the weapons to blast him off the court at Wimbledon. There's a reason Pabs brought him up as one to avoid in the first place.

Other than that though...Fognini thinks grass is for cows, Kyrgios doesn't have the attention span to give much trouble right now and Pouille isn't particularly threatening either.

Provided he makes it past Brown, he should find his way to the QF easily enough. Expect it won't be Stan he's facing there either - one of Tsonga, Querrey or Anderson for my money, lots of big servers and hitters in that part of the draw.

After that, well...I guess we'll see. At the beginning of the year I would have said the only person who could beat Murray at Wimbledon is himself, but he's been doing a lot of that this year so far.

28 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

When I first looked at that draw for Murray I was somewhat horrified, but indeed taking a little time to think about it leads you to thinking it's not all that bad. Brown is the huge wildcard - if he has a good day Murray had better have one too because otherwise he has the weapons to blast him off the court at Wimbledon. There's a reason Pabs brought him up as one to avoid in the first place.

Other than that though...Fognini thinks grass is for cows, Kyrgios doesn't have the attention span to give much trouble right now and Pouille isn't particularly threatening either.

Provided he makes it past Brown, he should find his way to the QF easily enough. Expect it won't be Stan he's facing there either - one of Tsonga, Querrey or Anderson for my money, lots of big servers and hitters in that part of the draw.

After that, well...I guess we'll see. At the beginning of the year I would have said the only person who could beat Murray at Wimbledon is himself, but he's been doing a lot of that this year so far.

Kyrgios is always a funny one of course but he's beaten Djokovic, Zverev and almost Federer this season. I said the other month, if he can produce what he did in the early hard court season then he'll be very dangerous.

Top half consists of a lot of players who have had difficulty on Grass in recent seasons. Wawrinka has a horrible opener with the way Medvedev has been playing recently. Nadal and Nishikori in there too. If Cilic can get past Kohlschreiber I'd favour him for the Semis. Tsonga has a relatively kind draw.

If its the Murray that turned up to play Jordan Thompson he could probably even lose in the first round tbh he was utterly rancid. 

Tbf its all less about his draw and more about his ability to arrest his god awful form, if he finds his form it doesn't matter who's in front of him for me. I think the point being made is most of his opponents carry a danger and have weapons to damage him if he's not all there. It's ok saying Lucas pouille has been blown away by Murray every time he's played him, it wasn't the Murray that's been on the tour for 80-90% of this season.

interesting he's got a lucky loser again lol he's 0-2 against them so far this season lol 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Hadn't really looked at the women's draw but just noticed Konta has the woman who beat her in the first round of the French first up, potentially followed by who beat her in the final of Nottingham. Nice draw lol 

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Hadn't really looked at the women's draw but just noticed Konta has the woman who beat her in the first round of the French first up, potentially followed by who beat her in the final of Nottingham. Nice draw lol 

And she is carrying an injury. And she really isn't comfortable on grass despite beating Kerber. Lump on!

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Got some good grass players in her section, Vekic, Vikhlyantseva and the other Pliskova sister all capable of being dangerous. Kvitova could await in R4, if Konta is to get that far you'd expect her to bomb out then.

Women's too impossible to call, at least 20-30 potential winners.

Just now, StanSP said:

they just said he had a hip injury from Queens which I didn't realise. 

Yeah i just switched over and he's got the trainer. Looks to be in pain to be fair.

Yep, as I type he throws the towel in.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

they just said he had a hip injury from Queens which I didn't realise. 

Yeah watched it when he got injured was a very nasty fall. 

He he can be a twat but this is legit, probably should of not played but I guess if you think there's a chance you can win.