Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

39 minutes ago, MattP said:

It's pathetic isn't it. He would have lost to Fognini had he not kept breaking down mentally.

I do wish they would stop talking about a big four as well, Murray is a huge level down from them.

Had me shacking my head, the claim he shold of gone straight to Australia instead of playing in Qatar......I mean what, he's just had 5 weeks off so he's fresh, and he's just gone through the rest of the entire top 5 pretty much at the ATP tour finals so he's in form and obviously fit to play. What difference is that going to make.

Ultimatley he should not be turning up to these events if he's not fit, take a leaf out of Federers book take some proper time off and come back and do it properly. Just seems he's trying to string enough results together to stay at no.1 for a fee more consecutive weeks.

9 minutes ago, martyn said:

Murray is a great, the Big 3 are all time greats.

Murray should really have more than 3 grand slam titles though. I hope he can add a couple more to his collection before he retires. I know every tournament is won on merit, but really, his career deserves him to be separated from people like Wawrinka who also have 3.

It is frustrating giving he has been to 11 slam finals, just this era has made winning them that much harder. I think we will see him win at least another couple of slams though.

49 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

It's an interesting one Pabs, especially given Murrays own reticence about the topic. How much of this year has been poor form and how much of it has been due to the niggling injury and the bout of shingles?

If it stopped at that I'd not have a problem but they're coming up with as many bull shit reasons as they cant think of, lets remember he had some bad results before any of that occured as well.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

7 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Both Murray and Djoko carrying knocks and unable to deal with them.

Surely Fed isn't going to mess up his chance from here.

The fact he took the clay court season off and came to Wimbledon fresh must be a huge thing in his favour.

I can see more top players starting to become more selective in their tournament participation in order to extend their careers - the current schedule puts too many demands on the body.

Venus more bearable than Serena, not won a Slam since 08, one last hurrah at Wimbledon would be nice.

Venus more clutch than Konta today, just too much for her. 

Two power players in the final, been impressed with Muguruza the past two weeks, very solid, best she's looked for a while. Downed Serena in a Slam final, can she do the same to Venus, with it being on Grass I'm not so sure.

Looks like it's going to be Venus in the final against a player 14 years younger than her!   Has there ever been such a big gap age wise before?

There was a 15 year age gap between Navratilova and Conchita Martinez in the '94 Wimbledon final. And there was a 17 year age gap between Navratilova and Monica Seles in the '91 US Open final.

On the men's side there was a 17 year gap between Jimmy Connors and Ken Rosewall in the '74 Wimbledon and US Open finals.

Statto!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kingfox said:

Venus more bearable than Serena, not won a Slam since 08, one last hurrah at Wimbledon would be nice.

Venus more clutch than Konta today, just too much for her. 

Two power players in the final, been impressed with Muguruza the past two weeks, very solid, best she's looked for a while. Downed Serena in a Slam final, can she do the same to Venus, with it being on Grass I'm not so sure.

Backed Muguruza since round one, she's definitely playing some decent stuff. I watched her against Kerber and thought it's a bit of an embarrassment that the number one seed can't even serve. Did get to the final here in '15 so that should stand her in good stead having already won a slam.

I think Cilic would give Federer a match in the men's. Could easily be a straight sets win that said lol.

37 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Backed Muguruza since round one, she's definitely playing some decent stuff. I watched her against Kerber and thought it's a bit of an embarrassment that the number one seed can't even serve. Did get to the final here in '15 so that should stand her in good stead having already won a slam.

I think Cilic would give Federer a match in the men's. Could easily be a straight sets win that said lol.

TBH I think the latter is much more likely: only Murray sans injury could give Fed a match in the Wimbledon form he's in IMO, and as he's broken that's not going to happen. Think Fed will find today and Sunday pretty easy.