Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

24 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

That was disappointing. Shapo could not get a first serve in to save his life.

Tsonga showed his experience in getting the win.

5-3 serving for the match only to then lose the set and match 7-5, hard one to take.

Inexperience vs experience I guess but Shapo should've took it.

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

She was exceptionally bad last night from what I saw of the 2nd set I have to say,

Her game has been terrible lately and her ranking deserves to plummet.

Did you see her awful DF and when she fell backwards while trying to play a backhand because her footwork was so shit?

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Her game has been terrible lately and her ranking deserves to plummet.

Did you see her awful DF and when she fell backwards while trying to play a backhand because her footwork was so shit?

Yes I also saw her attempt two smashes that hit the rim of her racket.  She was dire. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kingfox said:

Kyle marches on after another 5 setter in 40+ degree heat :appl:

Bet he's knacked. Watched the first set he looked alright especially in the breaker.

Decent wins these obviously the one against Anderson stands out but Istomin and Bailshvili are both around his ranking, seeing people like them off on a regular basis on tour is the difference between being where he is and cementing a place in the top 32. Seppi next, Not straight forward but about as good as it gets in a Grand Slam 4th round. 

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Bet he's knacked. Watched the first set he looked alright especially in the breaker.

Decent wins these obviously the one against Anderson stands out but Istomin and Bailshvili are both around his ranking, seeing people like them off on a regular basis on tour is the difference between being where he is and cementing a place in the top 32. Seppi next, Not straight forward but about as good as it gets in a Grand Slam 4th round. 

Of course the draw opened up for him, just glad to see him being the one taking advantage.

I had Seppi to get this far but he's also just been through a five setter, another tough one but I'll give Seppi the edge.

8 hours ago, kingfox said:

Of course the draw opened up for him, just glad to see him being the one taking advantage.

I had Seppi to get this far but he's also just been through a five setter, another tough one but I'll give Seppi the edge.

In a way, you knock out the 11th seed you open the draw up for yourself to this point anyway. 

21 hours ago, kingfox said:

Well it helped but Pouille, Kohlschreiber and Sock went out in R1 as well of course.

Its a help now I guess but up to this point having knocked out Anderson he would of only played players ranked lower than Anderson anyway.

i guess the point I'm making is he's not had it all easy and has made his luck getting to this point to an extent, playing seppi instead of sock now is obviously a huge advantage

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

People call Andy Murray sour, they should probably look at that post match interview lol 

but yeah well done he's made it worth following this week.

He can keep being boring in interviews if he keeps winning.

Same old, same old from Nick, will he ever change lol

Dimitrov justifying his form and ranking by getting out the section of death, hasn't gone without some scary moments though.

Edmund next, played twice before, two tight matches, over five though I'll go with Dimitrov in four.

Well done Kyle, had a great tournament so far.

One more win and he's pretty much guaranteed to be seeded for the next couple of slams, which will really help him climb the rankings. It would be nice to see both him and Murray in the upper echelons for at least a little while.

45 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Well done Kyle, had a great tournament so far.

One more win and he's pretty much guaranteed to be seeded for the next couple of slams, which will really help him climb the rankings. It would be nice to see both him and Murray in the upper echelons for at least a little while.

One more win would take him up to about 26th, which would be brilliant. Tough ask though with Dimitrov next.