Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Disappointed in Edmunds result. Yeah Berdych has good grand slam pedigree and has been highly ranked, but he's had a back injury last year and hasn't been in great form either. Edmund should have enough about him these days to deal with these older players extra experience and tactics. Losing a set 6-0 Is so poor.

Murray is still standing in the 7th game, so that's promising.

Great to see Boulter and forum favourite Evans progress.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Disappointed in Edmunds result. Yeah Berdych has good grand slam pedigree and has been highly ranked, but he's had a back injury last year and hasn't been in great form either. Edmund should have enough about him these days to deal with these older players extra experience and tactics. Losing a set 6-0 Is so poor.

Murray is still standing in the 7th game, so that's promising.

Great to see Boulter and forum favourite Evans progress.

Is there any sense of whether Kyle's injury affected him today? From what i saw he seemed to be moving ok, but it can be really fine margins at that level can't it. 

Andy seems to be doing great so far! Crowd massively in his favour... 

Happy for Dan. It was so frustrating that when he got his ban he was at by far the peak level of his career. I will be honest, I didn't think he would be able to maintain his commitment enough to make a return to this level. I am very happy to be proved wrong though! 

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Berdych made the Doha final two weeks ago so it seems he's back to full fitness, he'll probably charge up the rankings again soon.

Edmund lacks bottle sometimes and getting to the Semis last year, maybe he felt too much pressure.

32 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Berdych made the Doha final two weeks ago so it seems he's back to full fitness, he'll probably charge up the rankings again soon.

Edmund lacks bottle sometimes and getting to the Semis last year, maybe he felt too much pressure.

He's still 33 though, and in most cases his career will only be going one way from this point. Berdych is a decent player, but if Edmund has any designs on even staying where he is or progressing, he should be putting the like of him away, not losing a set to 0. 

You'd think seeing someone he looked up to forced to announce his retirement with injury this week he'd realise how short this could all be and it's fire him up to at try and emulate him, not crash out with a major brain fart. Needs to snap out of these poor run of defeats and decide if he wants to be a Murray or a Konta.

30 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Whos the foreign co commentator on Eurosport? Almost sounds in pain giving Murray any sort of credit.

Unbelievable from Andy with the paon he must be in...unless he's been top trolling all this last week

Mats Wilander. He was so negative wasn't he.

Andy. I love you. :appl:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

If that is to be his last match, then it is one worthy of remembrance.

Hopefully not though, it would be good if what happened today convinced him that he could mix it up at Wimbledon one last time.

Sounds like he's going to give that operation a try. Or maybe he's just helping me pace my emotions.

4 minutes ago, rachhere said:

:cry: - please... I am in a very delicate state right now... little things like this can easily push me over the edge

I know what you mean.

The finest British singles player for almost 80 years...he's going to be missed on court. The montage of tributes after the match almost choked me up too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Was a good effort, really do hope he can limp his way to Wimbledon.

Dan the animal only male player left and has roger federer in the next round.....looks promising.

Would be so Dan Evans to win that match! 

Fingers crossed Jo Konta can rediscover some form, otherwise its going to be a disappointing run for the Brits in the singles I suspect. At least they normally do better in the later stages of the doubles.

5 hours ago, rachhere said:

Mats Wilander. He was so negative wasn't he.

Andy. I love you. :appl:

Couldnt believe at one point he literally claimed that if Agut lost he had every right to be annoyed and upset with Andy for over playing his injury....like wtf!? 

If Andy was to make the grass season and Wimbledon, is that surface compared to others a help or hindrence to his injury? 

Edited by EastAnglianFox

3 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Couldnt believe at one point he literally claimed that if Agut lost he had every right to be annoyed and upset with Andy for over playing his injury....like wtf!? 

If Andy was to make the grass season and Wimbledon, is that surface compared to others a help or hindrence to his injury? 

A hip injury I’d imagine would be better on grass as the rallies are generally shorter, grass is dodgey for ankles and knees because of lack of grip.

He won’t play much clay court tennis I imagine that’d not be good for it at all.

• Like 1

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

So what? Good for him I say.

So people have been talking like he's played his last ever match today, that's what.

It's clear from that Sky interview that he wants to carry on.

Maybe all the tributes were a bit premature is all I'm saying.

Personally I like him and hope he can continue playing pain free.