Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

So people have been talking like he's played his last ever match today, that's what.

It's clear from that Sky interview that he wants to carry on.

Maybe all the tributes were a bit premature is all I'm saying.

Personally I like him and hope he can continue playing pain free. 

Didn't mean that 'so what' to come across as narky Izzy. Just saying that he shouldn't feel embarrassed to carry on (despite all the tributes) if he feels he can do it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rachhere said:

Did anyone see any of Dan's match? Sounds like he must have played pretty well to take Roger to two tiebreaks.

Likewise although Katie Boulter lost, that's a pretty respectable scoreline against a top opponent for an up and coming player. 

I saw the first set, Dan played extremely well and was very confident on his service games, tie-break was tight but shot selection let him down at the crucial point. Fed was up a break in the second so I left it there and went to sleep.

Was hoping to stay up for Katie but Cilic match dragged a little longer than I was hoping, I see they didn't start till about 6am :( hopefully Eurosport show some highlights later.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Win or lose its the best ive seen Konta for a long time....granted i dont see every tournement tbf

Nah this is definitely a massive shift in form. Very encouraging to see. Saw her play at Edgbaston last year and she was awful - to the point I felt embarrassed to have persuaded my friend to go along with me to see it! 

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Zverev falling short in a slam again.

Was coming on to say the same. It's very disappointing. I thought having Lendl in his corner would help him make progress with whatever mental barrier it is that he has with the slams, but seemingly not. It's not even like he's struggling at later ends of the tournament either, just can't play best of 5s at all. 

Cheering on Simona right now. 

5 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Raonic handing Zverev two breadsticks is hilarious.

Props to Nishikori for pulling out another five setter, he'll probably get spanked next round though, might even retire.

Nishikori is such a fighter and can beat anyone on his day. If only he could just be a bit more consistent. I wonder how far Tsitsipas will get in the tournament... Bautista Agut has played a lot of tennis, so think I would favour Tsitsipas in the next match. Not really seen Nadal (his likely semi-final opponent) to know how he's doing this tournament, but he's always a bit of an injury worry lately. Hard to see past Novak winning the whole thing right now. 

15 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Nishikori is such a fighter and can beat anyone on his day. If only he could just be a bit more consistent. I wonder how far Tsitsipas will get in the tournament... Bautista Agut has played a lot of tennis, so think I would favour Tsitsipas in the next match. Not really seen Nadal (his likely semi-final opponent) to know how he's doing this tournament, but he's always a bit of an injury worry lately. Hard to see past Novak winning the whole thing right now. 

You fully expect a Djokovic vs Nadal final of course.

Nishikori will probably face Djokovic next, Djokovic always usually spanks him.

I'll go with Tsitsipas in four over Bautista Agut.

Whatever happens it's nice to see two of the next gen in Tsitsipas and Tiafoe have Grand Slam breakthroughs.

10 hours ago, rachhere said:

Was coming on to say the same. It's very disappointing. I thought having Lendl in his corner would help him make progress with whatever mental barrier it is that he has with the slams, but seemingly not. It's not even like he's struggling at later ends of the tournament either, just can't play best of 5s at all. 

Cheering on Simona right now. 

Didn’t see him last night, but Had a feeling he’d struggle again just based off his performance against Chardy which I did watch.

He just makes errors he really shouldn’t be making continuously indlams. They will go with time always a question of when rather than if but right now you’ve got to question if that amount of time is going to eat into him failing to reach his full career potential because he’s getting to the stage where he is not young anymore.