Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Geo V and the competition prizes

So - the geezer arranges a competition but doesn't hand out any of the prizes?

Did he collect money from everyone?

Did he pass any of it on to FT?

Did he obtain prizes from other people, such as the club, and keep them?

I don't think any body gave him any money, as for the signed shirt I don't know.

I don't think he didn't set out to con people, I just think things got out of hand. He said he was living on an inheritance and then he lost money on his trip Vegas. It could be he can't afford to honour the prizes he promised, that's probably why he wasn't been around for a while.

I don't think any body gave him any money, as for the signed shirt I don't know.

I don't think he didn't set out to con people, I just think things got out of hand. He said he was living on an inheritance and then he lost money on his trip Vegas. It could be he can't afford to honour the prizes he promised, that's probably why he wasn't been around for a while.

So he did :dunno:

I thought all the prizes were coming from LCFC :dunno:

So he did :dunno:

I don't know, but if he did I don't think it was intentional. That's only my reading of the situation, I could be completely wrong.

I thought all the prizes were coming from LCFC :dunno:

Didn't he start a competition for the most promising youngster or some thing like that, with the prize some vouchers from his shop.

You've got to be careful when you make the effort like that. The well-wishing from people saying it's a good idea is nice but you have to be open and honest about everything. I'm not saying it's comparable to the flag thing if he didn't collect any money but I still think he should have got on here to explain what happened with it. Hopefully he's okay and something just got on top of him (probably literally been wedged under some fat bird in a cheap hotel room in Kavos for the past six months knowing him).

I am sorry for being slow I don't quite understand what is going on.

He was doing a competition which required people to pay but then he buggered off with the collection??

In the competition, posters had to guess how many goals we'd score last season. If more than one person picked the winning number, names would be picked out of a hat.

The competition was free to enter.

In the competition, posters had to guess how many goals we'd score last season. If more than one person picked the winning number, names would be picked out of a hat.

The competition was free to enter.

Didn't Man Pabs win?

Yeah he had an internet business or something that sold games consoles etc so I am sure he had the goods, although he just has never said anything since the season finished. TBH if you can promise something and sort out some competition if you can't give out the prizes you should at least come on and explain yourself. It is not as if the internet has suddenly been not available for everyone apart from Geo V.

So is this just a thread to question the blokes character without any knowledge of what's transpired. Delightful.

With the exception of death there is not too many excuses that do not warrant at least an explanation.

With the exception of death there is not too many excuses that do not warrant at least an explanation.

The simple fact no explanation has been given should suggest it's none of our business.

The simple fact no explanation has been given should suggest it's none of our business.

Logical deduction like that explains why you only got a 2:1 in a day and age where Universities are throwing away firsts.

I think that is the most illogical statement I've every heard/read.

So on that basis every one who ever did anything in life - so any crime, any verbal insult, any obnoxious action, any political decision and any other apparent unexplainable action in life all affecting someone if they choose not to explain why they did it then it's none of anyone's business.

What a money saving opportunity for governments we can disband the police, the courts, tribunals, government itself just stick a dictator up there and let them get on with it and we can all mind our own business.

Archived