Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

11 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'm anti drugs but I don't have a problem with medical use as long as it's prescribed by a qualified doctor and not some quack.

It was but the Home Office threatened to take his licence away.

12 minutes ago, Steven said:

It was but the Home Office threatened to take his licence away.

Neither you not I know the ins and outs of this case. I'm sure they're not doing it for spite, despite what some people want to believe.

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Neither you not I know the ins and outs of this case. I'm sure they're not doing it for spite, despite what some people want to believe.

So you just assume that the government know best when they prohibit his use of CBD even though there's no other known cure available legally in this country?  Looks to me like they're saying it's better to let the boy die than risk setting a legal precedence... but a precedence for what exactly?  It's indefensible jobsworthiness when they can always keep the conservative anti-drugs crowd happy with a promise to reclassify the substance if any serious negatives become apparent down the line like they did with legal highs.

8 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

So you just assume that the government know best when they prohibit his use of CBD even though there's no other known cure available legally in this country?  Looks to me like they're saying it's better to let the boy die than risk setting a legal precedence... but a precedence for what exactly?  It's indefensible jobsworthiness when they can always keep the conservative anti-drugs crowd happy with a promise to reclassify the substance if any serious negatives become apparent down the line like they did with legal highs.

I doubt the lad is going to die straight away if he doesn't get these drugs. The mother, understandably, is claiming if he doesn't get this he'll die to put pressure on the doctors/courts/govt whoever and I don't blame her for that.

I'm not a doctor, I don't know what the objection is but there must be a reason, even if it's a misguided one.

absolutely ****ing abysmal considering this:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/cannabis-legal-uk-worlds-largest-producer-marijuana-weed-un-body-findings-a8243921.html

absolute hypocrisy of the higest order. 

taking away CBD oil as well which has no psychoactive properties. 

like I've said MANY times - we're a million years behind a significant proportion of the first world when it comes to our archaic, outdated and ineffective laws and attitude towards drugs. 

how the **** 'someone' can take away someone else's right to an oil that is naturally produced by a plant that nature has provided on this planet... smh. 

... and before anyone starts correlating that to something like heroin - please remember that weed grows naturally and doesn't require an extraction process to provide it's benefits and effects. 

CBD is present in the natural plant form that grows in the soil.

21 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I doubt the lad is going to die straight away if he doesn't get these drugs. The mother, understandably, is claiming if he doesn't get this he'll die to put pressure on the doctors/courts/govt whoever and I don't blame her for that.

I'm not a doctor, I don't know what the objection is but there must be a reason, even if it's a misguided one.

the seizures will have an adverse affect on his health and mental well-being every time he has one. 

this is coming from a ****ing government that basically chose to ignore it's scientific advice panel and then disbanded that completely, IIRC. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2009/oct/30/drugs-adviser-david-nutt-sacked

Richard Garside, director of the centre for crime and justice, said Nutt's briefing paper gave an insight into what drugs policy might look like if it was based on the research evidence rather than political or moral positioning.

Garside added: "I'm shocked and dismayed that the home secretary appears to believe that political calculation trumps honest and informed scientific opinion. The message is that when it comes to the Home Office's relationship with the research community honest researchers should be seen but not heard.

"The home secretary's action is a bad day for science and a bad day for the cause of evidence-informed policy making."

Alan Johnson is a Labour MP btw, so it's not some slur on the Conservatives. It's a slur on our ****ing bullshit system as a whole.  

Edited by lifted*fox

21 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Fair enough it's not like they're saying let him die for the sake of not setting a precedence, it's like they're saying let him suffer hundreds of epileptic attacks everyday for the sake of not setting a precedence.  

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Fair enough it's not like they're saying let him die for the sake of not setting a precedence, it's like they're saying let him suffer hundreds of epileptic attacks everyday for the sake of not setting a precedence.  

This is why I genuinely despair at this country (the world, tbf) and the way it's run right now. 

Common sense and the well-being of the population will NEVER prevail / take priority any more. It's all about how things are perceived and whether it'll damage people's political advances.

We're just pawns and we're being played every which way, every day by the people in power. Nobody in power gives the slightest **** about the man on the street, at all. 

On 11/06/2018 at 21:25, urban.spaceman said:

alisdair.png?resize=540,673&ssl=1

So reorganisieren prisons of 4 variants..still keeping them to strict rulings..

Women/Men- heterosexuell prisons.Then transwomen/transmen prisons,bisexuals Take their Chance!!

would surely balance the political and Financial Situation.Then No prisoner can Claim they are an

Extrordinary Case,and have continually inquests and political movement costing Money.

Plus the amount of prisoner variants in todays world,would pay for  and fill

a few variant appointed  single prisons.

But then again thats too obvious.....only super Humans Like myself have so much 

Forethought and common-sense.:celebrate:

Aristotle and Plato,would Look Like Boris Johnson against my intellectual wisdom.

Then again..I must First meet my Maker before my true qualifies,before the world

recognises my deep seated knowledge and understand,and I aint No fking liberal!!!!

Epileptic boy 'in life-threatening state' after cannabis oil seized

Mother of Billy Caldwell says he has been admitted to hospital due to seizures, after customs agents took his medicine

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jun/15/mothers-plea-for-uk-to-legalise-cannabis-oil-charlotte-caldwell-billy

26 minutes ago, Steven said:

Epileptic boy 'in life-threatening state' after cannabis oil seized

Mother of Billy Caldwell says he has been admitted to hospital due to seizures, after customs agents took his medicine

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jun/15/mothers-plea-for-uk-to-legalise-cannabis-oil-charlotte-caldwell-billy

Head on over to the politics thread, mate. 

Just now, Steven said:

I normally stear clear.  :huh:

I don't blame you.

But this got a mention as I hadn't been in this thread.

It's a ****ing disgrace.

• 2 weeks later...

The Arch Bishop of Adelaide hid sexual abuse of children by priests. (happened 40 years ago, who know how many and he said NOTHING!!)

Found Guilty.... not put in prison.. but given house arrest.. also... the FVCKING Catholic Church has NOT sacked him. CVNTS everyone of them

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/07/03/07/14/archbishop-philip-wilson-to-be-sentenced-for-concealing-child-sex-crimes

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

The Arch Bishop of Adelaide hid sexual abuse of children by priests. (happened 40 years ago, who know how many and he said NOTHING!!)

Found Guilty.... not put in prison.. but given house arrest.. also... the FVCKING Catholic Church has NOT sacked him. CVNTS everyone of them

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/07/03/07/14/archbishop-philip-wilson-to-be-sentenced-for-concealing-child-sex-crimes

38 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

What is the fuss? :dunno: There are indigenous peoples around the world that still haven't recovered from the missionary work of the Catholic church.