Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

Yep, what she did/intended was needless and I'm glad she got shouted down.

That being said, I would like to know where the views of those who think being a white man is unacceptable actually hold any power outside of, say, a student union or campus.

Quite a few, just off the top of my head Labour party in Britain now has all women shortlists (although that's not really much of any issue as men can stand now assuming they are trans) and there have been moves for all BME shortlists as well. They also got reported for the CRE earlier this year for attempted to charge white people more for entry to a conference. 

There are various events across society that have barred entry to "white men" under the guise of giving BME people a bigger voice. Still mainly Universities of course but these people will soon be in positions of power across wider society. 

On an international level, you saw a lot of it in the Kavanaugh case, a grotesque amount of focus on his skin colour that had nothing to do with the offence (Bill Cosby anyone? ) - Fortunately due procedure held firm in that case but it shouldn't be taken for granted. 

Many people this is just because of an attempt to equalise society (although they don't seem to put the same effort into rebalancing things like more black women on building sites) and that's a viewpoint - but if they do take that opinion they shouldn't deny the racism that will come with it.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Quite a few, just off the top of my head Labour party in Britain now has all women shortlists (although that's not really much of any issue as men can stand now assuming they are trans) and there have been moves for all BME shortlists as well. They also got reported for the CRE earlier this year for attempted to charge white people more for entry to a conference. 

There are various events across society that have barred entry to "white men" under the guise of giving BME people a bigger voice. Still mainly Universities of course but these people will soon be in positions of power across wider society. 

On an international level, you saw a lot of it in the Kavanaugh case, a grotesque amount of focus on his skin colour that had nothing to do with the offence (Bill Cosby anyone? ) - Fortunately due procedure held firm in that case but it shouldn't be taken for granted. 

Many people this is just because of an attempt to equalise society (although they don't seem to put the same effort into rebalancing things like more black women on building sites) and that's a viewpoint - but if they do take that opinion they shouldn't deny the racism that will come with it.

Thanks for the accoutrement - I still don't think it compares to the power to actually make and pass legislation or to influence those that do that has existed in the past and still exists to a lesser extent now, but I can see where you're coming from.

To put it simply, there has been, outside of POW situations, next to no advanced country in the last few centuries - or maybe even longer - where white men have been institutionally discriminated against in the same way that women and people of colour have been (and sometimes still are). Of course, if you were a poor white guy or didn't have the right class of chums you were probably going to get shat on too, but perhaps not quite so much.

Anyhow, I can see the concern and it needs to be addressed but I also believe there are much more concerning issues out there being simply dismissed - and apologies if this was something of a derail.

The anti-man thing as a whole has become ingrained in influential media outlets too, Mac. The BBC has a series of video documentaries on homeless women in the UK, the aim being to show that these homeless women are real people with real lives and encourage sympathy for them.  The very first episode opened with the line "around 1 in 8 rough sleepers in the UK are women".  I've been unable to find an equivalent series looking at the problems experienced by the 7 in 8 homeless men.

To clarify, this is a BBC 3 series: BBC 3 in my opinion has been overrun with SJW policies and content creators for a long time now, I wouldn't ascribe this bias to the whole BBC organisation but it's not pleasant to see anywhere in a taxpayer-funded venture.

8 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

The anti-man thing as a whole has become ingrained in influential media outlets too, Mac. The BBC has a series of video documentaries on homeless women in the UK, the aim being to show that these homeless women are real people with real lives and encourage sympathy for them.  The very first episode opened with the line "around 1 in 8 rough sleepers in the UK are women".  I've been unable to find an equivalent series looking at the problems experienced by the 7 in 8 homeless men.

To clarify, this is a BBC 3 series: BBC 3 in my opinion has been overrun with SJW policies and content creators for a long time now, I wouldn't ascribe this bias to the whole BBC organisation but it's not pleasant to see anywhere in a taxpayer-funded venture.

That's fair enough, and again I can certainly see the concern. Perhaps the main focus on such programs in the past has been on the majority of homeless people, viz. homeless men, so the Beeb felt they had to look at it from this angle? Shouldn't really matter, of course - homeless is homeless.

However, I'm again pressed to point out that such views aren't held by a legislature capable of changing things institutionally, as yet, and so while it is a problem that certainly needs looking at, I think discriminations of other kinds should be taken more seriously too (honestly don't know why we still break bread with the Saudis given their views on women, for instance).

6 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I think discriminations of other kinds should be taken more seriously too (honestly don't know why we still break bread with the Saudis given their views on women, for instance).

Money. 

I'd like to stop all trade with Saudi but I'm not prepared to put thousands on the dole and make my own people suffer because of it.

The public always clamour for taking action on these things but their tolerance becomes far less when they result of it means job losses and less public spending, not to mention when they just see the Saudis buy weapons elsewhere and it makes no difference. 

It also would open up a huge can of worms, if we refuse to trade with Saudi then surely we have to refuse to trade with China - and no one at seriously sees that as feasible. 

11 minutes ago, MattP said:

Money. 

I'd like to stop all trade with Saudi but I'm not prepared to put thousands on the dole and make my own people suffer because of it.

The public always clamour for taking action on these things but their tolerance becomes far less when they result of it means job losses and less public spending, not to mention when they just see the Saudis buy weapons elsewhere and it makes no difference. 

It also would open up a huge can of worms, if we refuse to trade with Saudi then surely we have to refuse to trade with China - and no one at seriously sees that as feasible. 

Yeah. And that's about it, really.

So...to get this thread back on track, my cvnts of our time...the powermongers who make what is said here true.

On 27/10/2018 at 09:25, leicsmac said:

Thanks for the accoutrement - I still don't think it compares to the power to actually make and pass legislation or to influence those that do that has existed in the past and still exists to a lesser extent now, but I can see where you're coming from.

To put it simply, there has been, outside of POW situations, next to no advanced country in the last few centuries - or maybe even longer - where white men have been institutionally discriminated against in the same way that women and people of colour have been (and sometimes still are). Of course, if you were a poor white guy or didn't have the right class of chums you were probably going to get shat on too, but perhaps not quite so much.

Anyhow, I can see the concern and it needs to be addressed but I also believe there are much more concerning issues out there being simply dismissed - and apologies if this was something of a derail.

Post - Rhodesian Zimbabwe?

22 minutes ago, Buce said:

Post - Rhodesian Zimbabwe?

Though pretty strong from the pov of food exports etc I'm not entirely sure I'd call Zimbabwe advanced in the economic sense in the same way that, say, South Africa, Japan, Korea, the Nordic countries etc were/are - much less the most powerful nations. 

Though, actually thinking of it, with the way things are now in South Africa you could well make the argument that such institutionalised discrimination is indeed happening there.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Unbelievably stupid comment, even by her low standards. She really is the sort of person who gives liberals a bad name - and who encourages beliefs in "out-of-touch London-centric liberal elites".

Not only offensive timing and context, but very ignorant. She presumably imagines that all or most Leicester fans are white, right-wing and racist.

Er, no! A majority are white, but a substantial minority are not. Politically, I assume LCFC fans are a pretty typical cross-section of the population: some right-wing, some left-wing, some pro-Brexit, some anti-Brexit, many apolitical - and only a small minority who are racist, hostile to "cosmopolitan foreigners" or sympathetic to May's "citizens of nowhere" comment.

She deserves severe criticism for this stupid, bigoted remark - for which she should apologise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Reported that Yasmin cvnts to the Met and local police. Twitter did **** all. 

Doubt they’ll do anything but still. She needs to be brought down a peg. 

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Or you could just, you know, not go on her twitter. Twitter is for loonies, it's even worse than facebook. And why would you report her to the police? 

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1