Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

2 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Mike said inflatables in the sea pose a constant threat, and only last week the Maritime and Coastguard Agency posted a similar warning.

They said: "Inflatable unicorns, watermelons, dinosaurs, you name it, we’ve seen it.

@Cheese you might want to get in touch mate, you might be in luck!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Mike said inflatables in the sea pose a constant threat, and only last week the Maritime and Coastguard Agency posted a similar warning.

They said: "Inflatable unicorns, watermelons, dinosaurs, you name it, we’ve seen it.

@Cheese you might want to get in touch mate, you might be in luck!

Bloke became a FT legend in a single thread and hasn't been online since 2017. What a waste.

On 13/08/2019 at 17:10, Free Falling Foxes said:

What amazes me is the total ignorance of some parents. Warnings about the use of inflatables in the sea have been going on for over half a century. 

I remember them from when we used to use an old lorry tyre inner tube pumped up at the local garage. Yet every year there continue to be these rescues.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Yup, the press have got hold of it. He's taking something of a kicking.

Saying it's a joke now. Might well be, buts it's not really that funny. But its the old trick of saying something abhorrent or idiotic, waiting for the reaction and then backtracking and claiming it was a joke if the reaction is bad.

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Saying it's a joke now. Might well be, buts it's not really that funny. But its the old trick of saying something abhorrent or idiotic, waiting for the reaction and then backtracking and claiming it was a joke if the reaction is bad.

And claiming lefties are PC gone mad killjoys.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Right.

Don't even need to backtrack all that much, really - I daresay there are enough people who don't mind if it wasn't a joke.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He's right about that bit! lol

But his original tweet was totally unnecessary. 

That kind of "joke" is specifically designed to belittle the "PC gone mad" culture so tbh pretty often such judgement on that culture and comments like that Tweet go hand-in-hand.

Probably been said before in this thread but as I was there today, people who take photos at Auschwitz. There were people taking pictures of exhibits of victim’s actual hair, selfies in the barracks and the entry gate, family photos in front of the archway, posing with their partners kissing on the ****ing train tracks just in front of where people were sent either to work or to die immediately. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Probably been said before in this thread but as I was there today, people who take photos at Auschwitz. There were people taking pictures of exhibits of victim’s actual hair, selfies in the barracks and the entry gate, family photos in front of the archway, posing with their partners kissing on the ****ing train tracks just in front of where people were sent either to work or to die immediately. 

Selfies yes; photos in general to have as a reminder for yourself I think are ok. I’ve not been, but that was my feeling when visiting the killing fields in Cambodia.

Outrage as smirking wife of £200,000-a-week Man City star Riyad Mahrez is filmed driving at high speed on a motorway with her FEET on the dashboard

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7386821/Smirking-wife-Manchester-City-star-filmed-driving-high-speed-feet-dashboard.html

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

Outrage as smirking wife of £200,000-a-week Man City star Riyad Mahrez is filmed driving at high speed on a motorway with her FEET on the dashboard

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7386821/Smirking-wife-Manchester-City-star-filmed-driving-high-speed-feet-dashboard.html

This is pretty stupid on many levels firstly the driving with feet on the dash board, I've no doubt the car would automatically stop if the was any danger but still far too cocky.

Secondly filming it and thirdly letting the 'foot'age get out in the public domain.

I hope she gets the book thrown at her. 

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

This is pretty stupid on many levels firstly the driving with feet on the dash board, I've no doubt the car would automatically stop if the was any danger but still far too cocky.

Secondly filming it and thirdly letting the 'foot'age get out in the public domain.

I hope she gets the book thrown at her. 

I'm sure the car wouldn't stop unless it hit something as it was on cruise control and as i understand it you have to touch one of the pedals to deactivate it, I guess it could be steering wheel deactivation switch, never used mine, another driver filmed it.

16 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I've always wondered if the sombreness of the place would be eroded by a tourist experience. Sounds as if that's the case.

Years ago, I pulled in to Lockerbie on the way back from Jocko Land to have a mooch around and look for the crash site (this was pre google maps). After parking in the town centre and wandering around for 5 mins, I realised it was a dreadful idea and inappropriately ghoulish. And promptly cleared off pronto.

My point being, for Aushwitz, where's the lines between education, paying respects and ghoulishness?

31 minutes ago, davieG said:

I'm sure the car wouldn't stop unless it hit something as it was on cruise control and as i understand it you have to touch one of the pedals to deactivate it, I guess it could be steering wheel deactivation switch, never used mine, another driver filmed it.

nah, mine pretty much drives itself.  adaptive cruise control slows and speeds itself up depending on speed limits and the car in front, and lane assist keeps you in the lane. 

I drove to York a fortnight ago and the car did almost all of the driving (although i didnt put my feet up!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

This bitch of a woman. 

I read this is news the other day but saw the video today while scrolling twitter. Did watch it but had to quickly get past it and don't want to see it again. Absolutely horrific.

Edited by Fox92