Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

Life in prison for mum in microwave-baby case

September 9, 2008 - 6:18AM

A mother who burned her baby daughter to death in a microwave oven was sentenced to life in prison without the chance for parole.

China Arnold, 28, opted not to be in the Ohio courtroom when Montgomery County Common Pleas Judge Mary Wiseman announced her decision.

The US judge rejected a plea by Arnold's defence lawyers for a minimum sentence of life in prison with the chance of parole after 25 years.

A jury last week spared Arnold the death penalty when it couldn't reach a consensus.

Arnold was convicted on August 29 of aggravated murder in the death of one-month-old Paris Talley.

Prosecutors said Arnold intentionally put her baby in the microwave oven after a fight with her boyfriend.

The couple had argued over whether the boyfriend was the biological father.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/life-in-p...0857489600.html

i'm fairly sure that anyone against the death penalty would be tempted to make exceptions in some cases , wouldn't they ?

Edited by Zingari

Life in prison for mum in microwave-baby case

i'm fairly sure that anyone against the death penalty would be tempted to make exceptions in some cases , wouldn't they ?

I wouldn't. I would give her a hysterectomy for a start, to stop her from ever having children again, and I would have it performed without the aid of an anaesthetic. That would be the start....

These people are cvnts !

A HOTEL has caused outrage by refusing a room to a squaddie back in the UK for treatment after being injured fighting in Afghanistan.

Corporal Tomos Stringer, 23, only needed somewhere to stay because he was helping to organise the funeral of a colleague killed by the Taliban.

In a slur to our armed forces, Tomos was told it was hotel policy NOT to give rooms to servicemen and women. He ended up sleeping rough in his car.

Insult ... hero Tomos was refused a room

He had been flown back from the frontline for hospital treatment after he broke his wrist when he fell from a truck during a firefight.

Tomos was then shocked to discover a friend had died in fighting and went to help arrange the funeral in Woking, Surrey.

He booked a room at the Metro Hotel and arrived late in the evening wearing civvy clothes.

When he was asked for ID he produced his military pass — and was stunned when the receptionist told him: “Sorry, you’re not welcome here.”

These people are cvnts !

A HOTEL has caused outrage by refusing a room to a squaddie back in the UK for treatment after being injured fighting in Afghanistan.

Corporal Tomos Stringer, 23, only needed somewhere to stay because he was helping to organise the funeral of a colleague killed by the Taliban.

In a slur to our armed forces, Tomos was told it was hotel policy NOT to give rooms to servicemen and women. He ended up sleeping rough in his car.

He had been flown back from the frontline for hospital treatment after he broke his wrist when he fell from a truck during a firefight.

Tomos was then shocked to discover a friend had died in fighting and went to help arrange the funeral in Woking, Surrey.

He booked a room at the Metro Hotel and arrived late in the evening wearing civvy clothes.

When he was asked for ID he produced his military pass — and was stunned when the receptionist told him: “Sorry, you’re not welcome here.”

an odd rule, but i'm sure they install such policies for a reason, but hardly in the same league of absolute****ishness as cooking your baby...

i assume that is taken from 'the sun' or something, i hate the way the media write stuff in a way deliberately designed to inflame, take away the funeral element and that's barely newsworthy

there's always been sicko's.

The apparently insoluble question is what to do about them and modern society with it's wondrously well meant human rights commitments continually snookers itself by limiting its options thus making it ineffective and next to non commital in terms of solving the problems.

A show of true democracy would bring up answers but of course there is no true democracy and, unfortunately, true democracy is seriously flawed in any case. What's really needed as a starting point is wise leadership and for all the education we provide and the university degrees we hand out there seems precious little chance of ever getting that.

One thing particularly irks me and that is that people who commit the most hideous crimes often shouldn't be on the streets in their condition to reach that stage in their lives and should have been constrained or dealt with a lot earlier in their lives because people who beat up babies or put them in microwaves don't often do those sorts of things as a starter. Their behaviour is apparent long before that.

Do I have answers? I have some ideas but I don't think there is one answer although society would doubtless love to find one. One answer rarely if ever suits all situations. It's a conveniece.

What we need is wise thinking in each case and the flexibility to apply it. Unfortunately human beings are all flawed and, in the end, you wonder if personal weaknesses and the connected lack of wisdom, rather than the lack of intellect, is the most serious flaw of all.

Delve through history and see how many leaders have shown themselves to be selfless as well as sufficiently wise as to be enlightened.

Put a single and extreme instance of what to do about a person who microwaves here baby and you'll get all sorts of answers as to what to do about the woman. In a way they're all going to be wrong because the baby is dead and a wisely run society would quite poossibly not have let that happen.

The "answers" after the event seem wrong to me too.

People must be answerable for their actions, no question, but the answers shouldn't compromise the judges and make them do things that are wrongful too. Not if you are intent on having a genuinely civilised society, however unlikely that is, rather than a survival of the fittest society.

6 months. :angry:

THAT is what is wrong with this country.

6 months for beating a baby?

amazing :angry:

Honestly you can get more for that for not paying a fcuking parking fine or council tax bill

Totally agree, this country is becoming an absolute joke. 6 months for something like that. The lunatic wants locking up for a very long time! :angry:

Edited by The Leading Man

These people are cvnts !

Is that it? :dunno:

The DVLA

A massive 300,000 photo card licences are due to expire in the next 12 months, yet a significant proportion of drivers are unaware that the new photo-style licences require updating every 10 years.

Unlike the superseded paper licence, which was valid 'for life', the new identity card versions feature a 'valid until' date, at which time motorists must shell out an extra £17.50 for a new card. It's thought that a lot of drivers are not aware of this requirement.

This summer marked the 10th anniversary of the introduction of the new photo card licence and of the cards due for update a massive 28% are still outstanding, according to the DVLA. These drivers could face a £1,000 fine if asked to surrender the licence.

Though the expiry date is printed on the front of the photo cards, it can only be identified as such when the owner turns the card over and reads the small print.

Thats more money gone getting mine renewed

• 3 weeks later...
Here's one shop which should definitely be shut down... :angry:

TK Maxx sells jacket with KNIFE attached

Given the event earlier this year when a TK Maxx storeworker in Leicester was stabbed to death, this is particularly vile.

Just how low can they go to make a few quid?

Yeah I heard this earlier fooking ridiculous how did it get past being a stupid idea let alone get to the point where shops were actually selling it!!!

Still I've bought them out of all there stock & now there banned I'm going to put them on E-bay! Where there's controversy theres money to be made & all that! :whistle:

Merc

A cross-country event for 2,000 youngsters has had to be postponed after a group of travellers set up camp near the course.

The event was due to take place at Western Park, in Leicester, on Saturday, with youngsters aged from seven to 11 taking part in a number of runs.

However, an illegal camp of about 20 caravans and 12 horses has been set up in the park, near to the junction of New Parks Way and Glenfield Road.

The area is used as a car park for events such as the race day.

When told there was an event on Saturday, the travellers said they were not planning to move.

Leicester City Council is unable to evict the travellers from its land until welfare checks have been made.

George Smolinski, of Leicestershire Primary Schools Athletics Association, which organises Leicestershire Cross Country League, said: "We heard from the city council on Monday that there was a camp on the park on the spot we would be using as the car park.

"We were expecting between 1,000 and 1,500 cars as about 2,000 children had entered.

"We have had to postpone until next month. There's nothing we can do."

The association runs the biggest cross-country league of its kind in the UK. Each year, about 5,400 youngsters are involved.

Mr Smolinski said: "It's a shame for the children and disappointing for us. We had been expecting record numbers to take part this year."

The organisers were offered Braunstone Park as an alternative venue, but decided it would not be suitable.

Leicester City Council's director of environmental services, Adrian Russell, said: "We were working hard to try to avoid cancelling the event and were looking at ways to accommodate it elsewhere, but the organisers decided to call off the event.

"We are very disappointed travellers are using this site and are working to get this problem resolved as quickly as possible."

Peter Coley, a ward councillor for Western Park, said: "It's a real shame.

"We have legal responsibilities to check on their health and well-being and put ticks in boxes for the Government before we can move them on.

"The other issue is that it costs us thousands of pounds to clear up every time a camp is moved."

One traveller, who did not want to be named, said: "We're planning to be in Leicester for about a month. But there are lots of groups so I don't know what everyone's plans are."

Another said: "We could be gone tomorrow but it's hard to say."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things like this really piss me off! IF (not that we would want to) we the non "traveller" community decided to do this we would get chucked off the site. The council, Police & Government should grow some balls and support the people who pay their way and support them, not, not offend these "people".

Michael Howard, only ever liked him once :thumbup:

Merc

A cross-country event for 2,000 youngsters has had to be postponed after a group of travellers set up camp near the course.

The event was due to take place at Western Park, in Leicester, on Saturday, with youngsters aged from seven to 11 taking part in a number of runs.

However, an illegal camp of about 20 caravans and 12 horses has been set up in the park, near to the junction of New Parks Way and Glenfield Road.

The area is used as a car park for events such as the race day.

When told there was an event on Saturday, the travellers said they were not planning to move.

Leicester City Council is unable to evict the travellers from its land until welfare checks have been made.

George Smolinski, of Leicestershire Primary Schools Athletics Association, which organises Leicestershire Cross Country League, said: "We heard from the city council on Monday that there was a camp on the park on the spot we would be using as the car park.

"We were expecting between 1,000 and 1,500 cars as about 2,000 children had entered.

"We have had to postpone until next month. There's nothing we can do."

The association runs the biggest cross-country league of its kind in the UK. Each year, about 5,400 youngsters are involved.

Mr Smolinski said: "It's a shame for the children and disappointing for us. We had been expecting record numbers to take part this year."

The organisers were offered Braunstone Park as an alternative venue, but decided it would not be suitable.

Leicester City Council's director of environmental services, Adrian Russell, said: "We were working hard to try to avoid cancelling the event and were looking at ways to accommodate it elsewhere, but the organisers decided to call off the event.

"We are very disappointed travellers are using this site and are working to get this problem resolved as quickly as possible."

Peter Coley, a ward councillor for Western Park, said: "It's a real shame.

"We have legal responsibilities to check on their health and well-being and put ticks in boxes for the Government before we can move them on.

"The other issue is that it costs us thousands of pounds to clear up every time a camp is moved."

One traveller, who did not want to be named, said: "We're planning to be in Leicester for about a month. But there are lots of groups so I don't know what everyone's plans are."

Another said: "We could be gone tomorrow but it's hard to say."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things like this really piss me off! IF (not that we would want to) we the non "traveller" community decided to do this we would get chucked off the site. The council, Police & Government should grow some balls and support the people who pay their way and support them, not, not offend these "people".

Michael Howard, only ever liked him once :thumbup:

This probably sums up the politics of the madhouse we live with.

Mind you, there were the days when the people of Braunstone might have sorted it themselves, except that a good few of them voted to put this lot in anyway so they really deserve everything they get.

If it were you or me we'd be causing an obstruction. As it's a group of travellers it's a case for social services! I wonder when they'll turn up at The Walkers car park! :D

PS: I would assume the council had a civilised word with the travellers and, presumably, got nowhere before the event was postponed. Or did they simply not bother and retreat into their form filling?

Edited by Thracian