Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

6 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

. I'd love Russ to get a ring with the Thunder but realistically it won't happen. 

He needs players like CJ and klay to go far, and what I mean by that is, players who are all-stars, can get you 20+ points consistently but they don't challenge his top dog status.

I still don't know who to support in the NBA, I find myself drawn to Bulls, Lakers, Magic and Celtics as they were the big teams when I was a kid, although two of them are rubbish now, and the celtics look to be a one man team. And I quite like the Wizards because I played as them on 2k, I haven't watched basketball really for years but having BT sport and not sleeping properly means I've started watching again. 

• 1 month later...

Well another cleveland-golden state nba finals.  3rd in a row.

Got to say im not surprised but as a fan of basketball im kind of bored of this already. 

Hats off, they are both fantastic teams. Will tune in (for some parts of the games) but could care less who wins. Nba gets their wish to have lebron n the finals for like the 7th straight season  now or so. Insane.

Edited by Jattdogg

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

Well another cleveland-golden state nba finals.  3rd in a row.

Got to say im not surprised but as a fan of basketball im kind of bored of this already. 

Hats off, they are both fantastic teams. Will tune in (for some parts of the games) but could care less who wins. Nba gets their wish to have lebron n the finals for like the 7th straight season  now or so. Insane.

I understand being bored of them running riot, these playoffs haven't been the most entertaining...but the finals?! God damn the last two years have been terrific, this years will be just as good. Proper elite stuff. Can't wait. 

Edited by lildave3

No one watching the finals? 

The warriors take a 1-0 lead vs the cavs

Great game yesterday. as expected, the cavs don't have an answer for KD. Dropping 38-8-8 on 14-26 fg. With 28-6-10 for curry.

Lebron played good but had too many turnovers. Him and love got a lot of rebounds but the worriers forcing turnovers saved them.

Cavs need their bench to get some 3's in order for them to stay in the game, if klays shot falls down, its a sweep!

I would have loved to have watched it but had to get up and go to work today and didn't want to be knackered all day. 

I would LOVE IT if the Cavs beat the Warriors to win the championship but at this point, it's hard to see them winning one game. 

I would love to watch it in person, but not gonna happen.  I logged on in the first minute of general sale and whatever few tickets may have been available, were already gone.  Now north of $300 to buy a single for game 3 or 4 on Stubhub.

Believe the Cavs can and will take one at home.  But dubs' starting five is the best that will ever be assembled in the modern era.

GSW up 2-0 vs the cavs (NBA finals)

Curry and Durant looking like one of the best duos in the history of the game. KD putting a 33 points, 13 rebounds, 7 assists, 5 blocks and 3 steals stat line while curry managed a triple double (32 points, 10 rebounds, 11 assists). Lebron also had a very good game and grabbing a triple double (29 points, 11 rebounds and 14 assists)

Again, KD getting the best of lebron. So far he is the finals MVP and putting his name out there as the best in the league, but like they say, a series doesn't start until a home team losses.

Edited by the fox

Warriors just look like too much to handle.

Potentially 4-5 future HOFs on the floor at times during this series. (Durant, James, Curry - and I'd be willing to say that 1/2 more will make themselves clear before their careers are over)

10 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Warriors just look like too much to handle.

Potentially 4-5 future HOFs on the floor at times during this series. (Durant, James, Curry - and I'd be willing to say that 1/2 more will make themselves clear before their careers are over)

Kd, lebron and curry are a lock for first ballot HOF's.

Draymond winning this year's DPOTY (and being the runner up in the previous 2) will help him massively (plus the fact the he is probably the most versatile defender of all time) plus 2 time all-star and an NBA champion.

Klay is first-team all defense, probably the second best perimeter defender after kawahi in the league, already has 3 all-star appearances and a chip, one of the greatest 3 point shooters ever and could probably go down the the greatest 3&D player of all time.

Love can get you 18 and 10 easily, an NBA champion and 4 time all-star. 

Kyrie, one of the most clutch players in the league, 4 time all-star, an NBA champion and had a great finals last year.

That's a potential 7 (with 3 being a lock for 1 ballot), with draymond and kyrie having a better chance than love and klay for first ballot.

A superteam loses to the Ultrateam.  Cleveland mourns.  Half a billion Chinese put their pirated LBJ jerseys away.   Foxestalk takes no notice whatsoever.  lol

It's a sunny morning, lunch and ales coming up with old friends at a brewpub ... I for one am over it

Unless and until Golden State have to divest one of their big four, anyone expecting a different result will be illustrating the definition of insanity.

On 13/06/2017 at 14:01, KingsX said:

A superteam loses to the Ultrateam.  Cleveland mourns.  Half a billion Chinese put their pirated LBJ jerseys away.   Foxestalk takes no notice whatsoever.  lol

It's a sunny morning, lunch and ales coming up with old friends at a brewpub ... I for one am over it

Unless and until Golden State have to divest one of their big four, anyone expecting a different result will be illustrating the definition of insanity.

Really interesting to hear LeBron say he needs to take some time away over the next few weeks and think about what to do next. See what 'GM LeBron' pulls out of his sleeve next. 

1 hour ago, lildave3 said:

Really interesting to hear LeBron say he needs to take some time away over the next few weeks and think about what to do next. See what 'GM LeBron' pulls out of his sleeve next. 

Lakers seems to a strong rumour for his next move 

10 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Lakers seems to a strong rumour for his next move 

Don't think so. Lakers are building for the future and they need to give up a lot in order to proved a "win now" situation for lebron.

Plus, lebron want nothing from the west slaughterhouse, he could face the jazz/OKC or trailblazers in the first round. clippers, rockets or spurs in the second round and finish with the GSW in the WCF's.

12 hours ago, lildave3 said:

Its called "leGM" lol. But seriously, he needs Paul George or jimmy Butler because 1) they can be a reliable number 1 option when he is on the bench and 2, they can at least try to slow down KD.

He needs to drop old players that can't defend and sign some 3&D guys, he tried to outshoot the GSWs but he missed that the w's have some elite defenders.

• 3 months later...

Melo to OKC! The west is really, really stacked, people will get snubbed for the all-star game!

The east is just getting worse every time! Apart from the C's, no one has a realistic chance against the CAVs.

Western conference playoffs next season will be a bloodbath, that's the best chance lebron can get against the dubs after the beating they will get in the playoffs.

OKC will have a big problem because Russ, PG and melo are high usage players. Can't help but feel they are building a team to face the dubs.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Omfg. Hayward's ankle/leg break is gruesome  possibly career ending...and he just signed for boston this off season too. Kyrie be like damnit bad call. Hope he recovers...

https://mobile.twitter.com/R_DenverSports/status/920444795822202880/video/1

That has to be up there as one of the most gruesome sports injuries.