Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

Celtics defence has just suffocated the Sixers. That and Stevens is just a brilliant coach.

Simmons hasn't got going and the 3 isn't falling. 

Wonder if the Sixers will go for LeBron. I kind of hope they don't as I think it impacts negatively on Simmons development, but it makes them a threat immediately. Maybe Kawhi.

Wow, the Cavs taking my beloved Raptors apart. 3-0 down in the series already, but I somewhat saw that coming, with Toronto struggling towards the end of the season.

There's miracles and there's coming from three games down to win it. :fc:

On 06/05/2018 at 05:47, MC Prussian said:

Wow, the Cavs taking my beloved Raptors apart. 3-0 down in the series already, but I somewhat saw that coming, with Toronto struggling towards the end of the season.

There's miracles and there's coming from three games down to win it. :fc:

Trust  me its killin me too. But lebronto is on another level as always.

I wanted to get to a game this playoff but with my dislocted shoulder it would be a bad idea.

We are going out tonight thats for sure

For those who say “Spursy” isn’t a thing, I give you …

Lebronto2.JPG.3832873274ae3b830f5b6baf8e067634.JPG

In fairness, this was never going to be as tough a matchup as the Pacers.  But I did think the Raps would be a tougher out ths time.  Maybe they should embrace “Lebronto”, clear cap space and make the man a max offer.  Meanwhile I'll find the cash for a game 3 or 4 nosebleed seat against (I hope) the Celtics.

p.s. notify @Cheese ... finally located, sadly deflated at the Air Canada Center.

Edited by KingsX

5 hours ago, KingsX said:

For those who say “Spursy” isn’t a thing, I give you …

Lebronto2.JPG.3832873274ae3b830f5b6baf8e067634.JPG

In fairness, this was never going to be as tough a matchup as the Pacers.  But I did think the Raps would be a tougher out ths time.  Maybe they should embrace “Lebronto”, clear cap space and make the man a max offer.  Meanwhile I'll find the cash for a game 3 or 4 nosebleed seat against (I hope) the Celtics.

p.s. notify @Cheese ... finally located, sadly deflated at the Air Canada Center.

Hurts being a Raptors  fan since it all started. Havent won anything yet.

I knew when our potential paths would cross in second round that we would lose. I didnt think we would get swept per say given that they almost went down to indiana.

That first game was pivotal. I think it demoralized us and we just crumbled from there. What a difference the one game had. If we had win that i truly think we could have gone to 7 and maybe eeked it out or got battered by lebronto lol.

Seems like every other team not the Raptors can take games from lebron. The guy is unreal. A true superstar whose passion,energy and skill rubs off on other teammates.

I know it takes a team to win but without lebron the cavs are not all that. Having said that, I do hope the cavs go on to win because watchin players like lebron doesnt happen often.

Jordan, kobe, lebron. Every other star is just down on another level.

Edited by Jattdogg

WOW what a barn-burner to send the Celtics through.  A preview of the next few Eastern Conference finals?  The intensity of playoff hoops makes up for the half-hearted stuff served up October through March.

Glad it was the Celtics.  I have huge respect for their coach and precocious young stars (NTM Al Horford), but I think they are missing the critical parts to derail the LeBron express this year.

11 hours ago, KingsX said:

WOW what a barn-burner to send the Celtics through.  A preview of the next few Eastern Conference finals?  The intensity of playoff hoops makes up for the half-hearted stuff served up October through March.

Glad it was the Celtics.  I have huge respect for their coach and precocious young stars (NTM Al Horford), but I think they are missing the critical parts to derail the LeBron express this year.

Great series, I'm sad it's over. I really didn't like the long pass idea at the end of game 5, I know it's incredibly unlikely anyway but I'd rather just take a half course heave than a full court pass followed by a tough shot...

Nothing until Sunday now! 

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Undefendable when his shot is falling. Still think he tarnished his image jumping on the GSW bandwagon, instead of persevering at OKC.

KD was always a beast and like many have said, with enough ring and FMVPs he can change the narrative (just like Lebron)

One thing that i like to point out is how Steph let him beast when he saw that he (KD) had the hot hand. A thing that Russ can't do.

Imo, Lebron and KD are in a league of their own. They are the only 2 who can play that much better in the playoffs (and yeah, maybe Rondo lol ). You can't bully them like teams do with Steph.

He wasn't happy in OKC, they didn't play a style that fits him and he still got 4 scoring titles. Russ was taking shots away from the most versatile scorer in the history of this game. 

One thing i like about KD this year is the fact that he improved his post moves and at the top of the key. The league is just so 3 points happy it is refreshing to watch a sweet 2 point jumper swish time and time again. He was giving everyone medicine lol

Saw this video an was almost in tears laughing.

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Undefendable when his shot is falling. Still think he tarnished his image jumping on the GSW bandwagon, instead of persevering at OKC.

I'm sure he doesn't care while he's getting rings and finals MVP's. 

Nobody should. Just enjoy watching him and this team because it's incredible. 

1 hour ago, lildave3 said:

I'm sure he doesn't care while he's getting rings and finals MVP's. 

Nobody should. Just enjoy watching him and this team because it's incredible. 

Not taking anything away from him. I just think it would have been a greater achievement had he won a championship staying with OKC. Take my favourite player, Dirk Nowitzki, for instance. He had several heartbreaking losses in the playoffs with the Mavs, but he stuck with them. Then in 2011 he put the team on his shoulders and practically willed them to a championship, taking on and beating LeBron, Wade and Bosh in the finals. I'm sure he like to have won more championships, but I bet he wouldn't swap that one moment, with the only team he's ever played for, for anything. Still, different strokes for different folks I suppose.

25 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Not taking anything away from him. I just think it would have been a greater achievement had he won a championship staying with OKC. Take my favourite player, Dirk Nowitzki, for instance. He had several heartbreaking losses in the playoffs with the Mavs, but he stuck with them. Then in 2011 he put the team on his shoulders and practically willed them to a championship, taking on and beating LeBron, Wade and Bosh in the finals. I'm sure he like to have won more championships, but I bet he wouldn't swap that one moment, with the only team he's ever played for, for anything. Still, different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Same for lebron in miami if you ask me. I think his cavs championship is a bigger accomplishment

• Like 1

I'm hoping the Celtics win it from here. Since Kyrie went down they've just got better and better. Their ball movement is far superior to the other 3 teams left, and the way they hustle and harry on defense and fight for every rebound and loose ball is impressive. No superstars to bail them out. Just great team basketball.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm hoping the Celtics win it from here. Since Kyrie went down they've just got better and better. Their ball movement is far superior to the other 3 teams left, and the way they hustle and harry on defense and fight for every rebound and loose ball is impressive. No superstars to bail them out. Just great team basketball.

Lebron is welcome here in toronto. At least he would own toronto in all possible ways and with a legit star raps would make it to the final. Come on lebron you dont need money sign for the vet minimum! Haha

5 hours ago, the fox said:

KD is the best player in the world and People hate him too much and Lebron's fan base is too big for the world to acknowledge it.

It's good to see you're consistent with these shit opinions across various different sports. Fair play. 

• Like 1

Ouch.  That second half was a No-Contest.  Cavs’ defensive effort close to nonexistent.  This group has neither the mental nor physical toughness for the playoffs.  I am trying to hold onto hope, but the only chance for them will be to rain threes like miracles for four of the next five games.

I was at the Q in May 2010 when LBJ and the Cavs meekly bowed out against these Celtics, which at the time seemed surely his last game as a Cav in the Q. Will be sitting in the same seat Monday for Game 4, against the same team, and I cannot shake the feeling I will see the same triple whammy (game, season, and goodbye).

Leicester City can be a bitch, but you got nothing on the Land.

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

It's good to see you're consistent with these shit opinions across various different sports. Fair play. 

Just because you think differently doesn't mean that one's opinion is shit. I have yet to take a side in an argument that couldn't i present a fair point in. KD is a better defender and scorer. Lebron is a better playmaker and a better rebounder. KD doesn't relegate his teammates to spot up shooters nor does he need a stretch 5 like bosh/love to space the floor. Bosh and love's numbers took a huge hit because of them being asked to spot up for 3s. He's the system so they fall apart when he sits. 

KD in the finals was running around asking people to pick their poison. no one can guard him. There is no answer for that 7-foot beast.

Edited by the fox

7 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Well, you got your wish lol

Imo, the Dubs ball movement is better. They have too many high IQ vets who can handle the ball, start the offense and pass out of the key.

They (the Celtics) switch everything on defense so a stagnant offense like the CAVs will always take a big hit. AL is a super underrated player. He doesn't have those big numbers but he's a very good defender. 

A finals matchup between the GSW and the Cs can be great but the Dubs will show 'em what "there are levels to this game" really means. In the end, the Dubs are too talented and the 7-foot beast isn't stopping.

Edited by the fox

On 16/05/2018 at 04:12, KingsX said:

This group has neither the mental nor physical toughness for the playoffs.  I am trying to hold onto hope, but the only chance for them will be to rain threes like miracles for four of the next five games.

I was at the Q in May 2010 when LBJ and the Cavs meekly bowed out against these Celtics, which at the time seemed surely his last game as a Cav in the Q. Will be sitting in the same seat Monday for Game 4, against the same team, and I cannot shake the feeling I will see the same triple whammy (game, season, and goodbye).

Oh ye of little faith! Hope you enjoyed the game.