Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

http://www.espn.co.uk/nba/story/_/id/23635623/golden-state-warriors-return-nba-finals-houston-rockets-go-ice-cold-game-7

Golden State seized the lead by outscoring Houston by 18 points in the third quarter. The Warriors are now plus-130 in third quarters during the playoffs, the highest overall scoring margin in a quarter by any team in a postseason during the shot clock era, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

The Rockets, meanwhile, misfired again and again from long range. Houston missed all 14 3s that it launched in the third quarter, part of a stretch of 27 straight missed 3s, the longest such drought during a playoff game in NBA history. Houston was 7-of-44 from 3-point range in the game.

As the saying goes - "If you live by the 3, you die by the 3."

lol feeling sorry for Lebron now. It's like a guy getting beat up with a wooden bat time and time again, and just when the bat broke and he thinks he was gonna catch a break, he gets hit with a 9-iron right to the dome.

But I think the Cavs look super hungry and Lebron is playing stupidly good. so, if his teammates keep playing good defense and show up offensively, add a few calls going their way, I can totally see a possibility of the Cavs really surprising the whole world by taking a game.

Dubs in 5!

Edited by the fox

Never been a basketball fan but recently started taking my kids to the odd Riders game after we got free tickets. Really enjoyed it and this has led to me reading more and more about the NBA. Decided to get an old NBA2k16 game on the PS4 and have pretty much not stopped playing it for the last few weeks once the kids are in bed.

Had no particular pull towards any team so decided to let the computer randomly pick a team for me to play with and ended up with Memphis Grizzlies. Told myself I would make an effort to try and watch next season, have been reading up about them and noticed they have some pretty impressive losing streaks :frusty:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pds said:

Never been a basketball fan but recently started taking my kids to the odd Riders game after we got free tickets. Really enjoyed it and this has led to me reading more and more about the NBA. Decided to get an old NBA2k16 game on the PS4 and have pretty much not stopped playing it for the last few weeks once the kids are in bed.

Had no particular pull towards any team so decided to let the computer randomly pick a team for me to play with and ended up with Memphis Grizzlies. Told myself I would make an effort to try and watch next season, have been reading up about them and noticed they have some pretty impressive losing streaks :frusty:

Gonna be a while before The Grizz are good again. Total rebuild needed. Should get a good player in the upcoming draft though as they have the 4th pick.

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Gonna be a while before The Grizz are good again. Total rebuild needed. Should get a good player in the upcoming draft though as they have the 4th pick.

Ha, not committing to be a fan of them, will try and watch and learn more next season and see if any particular team takes my fancy. Not interested in the glory bandwagon.

Lebronto doesnt make me feel as sad now. Lol

It was always going to be a miracle for the cavs to win anyways they dont have the talent to beat the warriors. Lebron is gone after game 4.

Houston, Philadelphia....doubt he will go to LA although my raptors would appreciate him for the veteran minimum lol

On ‎06‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 23:58, the fox said:

The stare of a cold-blooded killer! Jordan-esque

2brkvm.gif

THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD!

He obviously has every bit as much talent as Jordan and LeBron, but a mentally inconsistent player.  What he did in game 3, as the best player on a vastly superior team, he should have been doing in every game of the playoffs.  But he didn't even come close.   I strenuously disagree that his accomplishments appoach those of either #23.  Against their standard, I simply cannot admire him.  Put him on the Cavs in LBJ's place and they would have exited in the first round. 

Nothing to say now except, thanks for the ride LeBron.  It has been wonderful and I don't regret any of the hours or dollars I've spent watching him in the Q.  Lows as well as highs -- even the 2010 semis exit against the Celtics.

F**ing Durant.  He couldn't even lead an excellent OKC team to the finals.  Don't make me puke.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, the fox said:

@KingsX It's ok, man. I get your frustration because it's not just an NBA finals loss but also losing Lebron. I hope the CAVs luck out in the near future an be back in the finals in no time.

Pretty sure the Cavs have used up a generation's worth of luck and then some.  Though some of that good fortune was pissed away, they still captured one of the most memorable titles in NBA history.  That's the nature of things and as I said, I've enjoyed the ride and I'm grateful for it.  If Dan Gilbert is footing the one of the highest NBA payrolls next year so the Cavs can go 22-60 in a half-empty building, my own quality of life won't suffer significantly.  Part of me will have a chuckle.

In other news, your new avatar sucks. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

Nothing to say now except, thanks for the ride LeBron.  It has been wonderful and I don't regret any of the hours or dollars I've spent watching him in the Q.  Lows as well as highs -- even the 2010 semis exit against the Celtics.

F**ing Durant.  He couldn't even lead an excellent OKC team to the finals.  Don't make me puke.

I'm not having that last sentence my friend! He got them there once before the Harden trade (god that trade still annoys me) then injuries kept getting in the way until they came up against an amazing Warriors team where they almost did it anyway. He is a phenomenal player...

Anyway let's see what happens to LeBron now and more importantly for me what the Lakers do this summer. So much hype about Kawhi and others it can almost only end in disappointment! 

Well that finals was a bore-fest. I was rooting for the Cavs but knew they had next to no chance. 

I was a big Durant fan until he joined GS. I really hope that history remembers that he joined a 73 win team that was minutes away from repeating as champs. There’s a good chance that the Warriors could have won 3 out of the last 4 champions without him. 

I don't think the Dubs would've won it last year without KD. His championships may not be a great accomplishments but his FMVPs are.

The history will remember how he slept Lebron with that pull-up 3 last year and how Bron was to afraid to guard him in game 3 of this year because he didn't want to be in KD's all-time Career highlight video...AGAIN!

Congrats to the Warriors, an expected and deserved championship.

I do feel slightly for Lebron, he put up crazy numbers and dragged that Cavs team to the final - it says as much that Love averaged 14.9 ppg through the playoffs and that was the second highest on the Cavs roster after Lebron. Korver regressed after playing decently and nobody else could be relied on to contribute consistently.

Whilst the Cavs supporting cast were poor that falls on Lebron somewhat, he wanted the organisation to give J.R and Thompson big contracts and it didn't payoff, with Lebron likely leaving it leaves the Cavs in a difficult position as many of their players are overpaid, it'll be interesting to see what approach they take next season.

For Lebron he needs to go somewhere that he doesn't have to play 48 minutes a night, with teammates he can rely upon to be productive.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

LeBron to the Lakers 

Yup. Insanity but we all know he only went there because his son will be going to school out there and he said that he woulld do whats right for his family. Already owns homes there its a no brainer but i camt see him getting out of the west with golden state there. His streak of finals ends now (my opinion) and the nba now is worried about the eadt. Maybe my raptors can make it to a conference finals for once. 

I'm honestly shocked.  Surely there is not enough they can build around that roster, even with LeBron, to challenge the dubs?  I thought his decision would be all basketball legacy rather than personal factors.

OTOH -- his life, his choice, which he has earned.  For the first time I am wondering if he wants to be the man-god of hoops, hauled down from a cross of heroic failure, rather than the heaven-storming Greatest Ever.

Or maybe at his age, and up against that nexus of talent, competing for a championship has become too remote an option to drive his choice.  THAT would be very sad.