Koke

The NBA Thread

17 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Lets go Raptors!!!!

Before the raptors were around i was a big time knicks fan in the ewing, houston, oakley and  starks days.

What do you make of the Gasol signing? The Memphis forums I go on all tend to be delighted to see the back of him which surprises me considering he was a one club man and seemingly the only one to get points regularly.

4 hours ago, pds said:

What do you make of the Gasol signing? The Memphis forums I go on all tend to be delighted to see the back of him which surprises me considering he was a one club man and seemingly the only one to get points regularly.

Im on the fence about it.

On the one hand loved what Valanciunas brought to our game. Decent player but gasol at this current time is a better player for us no questions asked. 

My concern is that gasol is much older and its basically a win now player. With leonard possibly only here this season (lets be honest he isnt signing an extension with us everyone knows that) and lowry still doing really well this is like THE season to go all out and win it. We ate going for broke and if we dont win anything i think its safe to say we will look to offload gasol and lowry in the offseason and go young. Would have been nice to still have JV though.

I dont think anyone is beating the warriors though.  With lebron in the west anything is possible. Bucks are playing really well but playoffs are always a different story. Just look at how my Raptors always get pwned. Without demar and bringing in kawhi and gasol i think that changes.

36 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Sixers are my pick for the East.

Harris has fitted in incredibly well, they'd be my pick too. Embiid is so dominant. 

Caught a few Sixers games recently and with more outside shooting they look devastating. How do you defend 3 pointers when Embiid, Simmons and Butler can all murder you on the inside? The Eastern Conference playoffs should be great this year.

Trade deadline has made the East really interesting.

Still fancy Toronto (Playoff Kawhi and addition of Gasol), or Bucks (best player, coach + lots of outside shooting to complement) out of the east.

Sixers starting 5 is great (although I'm not sold on Simmons come play-off time), but think their bench gets scored on heavily

Edited by martyn

Still believe this is the Warriors title to lose, despite all the other teams getting busy trying to improve their chances with trades.

Provided they stay healthy, and don't start falling out (like Dreymond and KD did earlier in the season) I expect them to go through the gears and retain the title.

Lebron talking about how he's in playoffs mode ATM lol

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJlIWVs8s8d6HXD3WkTzB

Man thinks this is the east, huh? Ain't nobody afraid of that man in the west. He will learn the hard way I guess...... If he can make the playoffs.

On 11/02/2019 at 10:08, lildave3 said:

Sixers are my pick for the East.

Think the raptors with kawhi will make it.