Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

The Photography Thread

Never understood peoples love of photography seems painfully boring and people take credit for good photos when the camera is the only reason the picture looks good as for putting them in albums and trawling through them dull as...

Guess this isn't the thread for you then... :dunno:

What you say about cameras being the only reason the picture looks good is nonsense.

I am not a photographer, I just do it for fun as you can probably tell lol.

Heres just a few.

My cat through a window..

mycat.jpg

Butterflies on a rock, there were literally millions of them and I zoomed in as far as I could because, I hated them.

butterflyshellas.jpg

A lizard that creeped onto a rock, scared me loads, and that was only just after I saw a red snake slitterhing in front of me.

lizardhellas.jpg

I have a 10.1 mega pixel camera, although I do not know alot about Photography, I disagree that only the camera makes a good picture.

Edited by lavrentis

Never understood peoples love of photography seems painfully boring and people take credit for good photos when the camera is the only reason the picture looks good as for putting them in albums and trawling through them dull as...

And the pages in a book are the only thing that make the book good, nothing to do with the person who writes it?

Bit of an ignorant view don't you think? How does the quality of a camera make it the only reason why a good photo is good. i have seen many bad photo's taken on top spec camera's and the complete opposite with run of the mill camera's.

I'll give you an example; Walker Evans, perhaps one of the most famous and important photographers of the 20th century turned to using polaroid cameras in a series of road signs of america in the latter part of his career, suprisingly his photographs are by most peoples measures 'good'.

I love that Formentor, Mallorca one, the direction of the rock and the flow of the sea gives it a weird perspective.

Here's my contribution of the day:

n522950363_4477016_6436.jpg

Autumn Morning, Vancouver, Oct 08

n522950363_4208766_67.jpg

Spider on a flower in Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado, Sept 08

Oh dear...so far from the truth that it's just a speck on the horizon! Due to the digital revolution everyone who own's a camera thinks they're a photographer, and the convienience and ease of use has given a completely distorted view of the profession, except when you actually try using an SLR and not some point-and-shoot compact you've picked up from Argos or Jessops. And how many 'mega pixels' your camera or phone is has got nothing to do with composing, taking and producing a quality photograph; a good photographer will be/should be able to take a superb picture with the simplest model available.

If photography is 'painfully boring' then you're either looking at painfully boring subjects or themes, or photographs taken by painfully boring people...although the love goes when it becomes your job.

You really didn't put a lot of thought into this comment did you.

lol

I used to think Photography was boring, I started getting into it a few years back and I am now studying it and loving every second of it.

Photography is probably 10% camera skills and 90% user skills.

You really have to take so much into account when you are framing up a shot, you should try it, you never know you could surprise yourself.

Photography is just as viable an artform as painting, writing a book, making a film, or writing a song. It's just a lot more accessable for everyone to do, which is great and the advent of digitial photography has made it even more accessable. I've spelt accessable wrong here, one of those words like nessecary i always spell wrong.

Edited by Chromophobia