Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Got tickets to see Liam in Leeds - not sure if I can be arsed to see Noel - if there are even any tickets left. Somehow managed to get corporate tickets to Queen + Adam Lambert in the same week too.

Got nobody to see Roger Waters with unfortunately. Closing in on seeing all the bands/artists on my 'list'.

8 minutes ago, Watson said:

Got tickets to see Liam in Leeds - not sure if I can be arsed to see Noel - if there are even any tickets left. Somehow managed to get corporate tickets to Queen + Adam Lambert in the same week too.

Got nobody to see Roger Waters with unfortunately. Closing in on seeing all the bands/artists on my 'list'.

Me too, I started going to see bands I think are 'alright' seems a lot of expense for just 'alright', it's probably one of the reasons I'm always trying to seek out new bands to listen to.

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

Me too, I started going to see bands I think are 'alright' seems a lot of expense for just 'alright', it's probably one of the reasons I'm always trying to seek out new bands to listen to.

Yes I agree - my mates asked me to go to Kasabian but it's expensive for a band that I can only be bothered to listen to bits and pieces. I struggle finding new music (admittedly I barely look) - my taste is very much 60s and 70s and haven't updated my Ipod in about 5 years lol 

On 13/10/2017 at 00:38, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

saw air traffic at the o2 in brum on sat

and saw coasts in town at the cookie tonight which was busssssssyyyyy and great. 

Interested on your thoughts on Coasts.

Used to be big into them and saw them on multiple tours. To me now they went down the 1975 route of just making music for 14 year old girls.

2 hours ago, baker11 said:

Interested on your thoughts on Coasts.

Used to be big into them and saw them on multiple tours. To me now they went down the 1975 route of just making music for 14 year old girls.

Yeah man towards the back end of my time at uni (2013/14 time) think they'd just released Oceans and thought it was a belter - not too arsed about the newer stuff but they were flogging tickets cheap and it was a surprisingly very good effort in the end. 

The Night Cafe are playing there on Monday and it's 7 quid, was tempted but football won through in the end

31 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Yeah man towards the back end of my time at uni (2013/14 time) think they'd just released Oceans and thought it was a belter - not too arsed about the newer stuff but they were flogging tickets cheap and it was a surprisingly very good effort in the end. 

The Night Cafe are playing there on Monday and it's 7 quid, was tempted but football won through in the end

That sort of time I saw them

in Leeds at Brudinel, was only about 15 people there.

Got egged leaving the venue!

Their rough demos before Oceans were ace.  

15 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Just booked tickets for the Foo Fighters in June. Cant wait.

Meh.

I love the Foo Fighters. One of my all time favourites bands, but their stadium gigs are shite. I know they think they're too big for arena tours now, but the best foo's shows i've been to were at the NEC and Nottingham Arena. The worst one was Wembley Stadium.

MK Bowl and Hyde Park were ok i guess. But the sound quality at Wembley stadium was just terrible.

2 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Meh.

I love the Foo Fighters. One of my all time favourites bands, but their stadium gigs are shite. I know they think they're too big for arena tours now, but the best foo's shows i've been to were at the NEC and Nottingham Arena. The worst one was Wembley Stadium.

MK Bowl and Hyde Park were ok i guess. But the sound quality at Wembley stadium was just terrible.

I never managed to go to Wembley, but a few friends did and said it was immense. I went to the MK Bowl and that was really good.