Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

On 15/03/2018 at 10:52, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Incubus was the first proper gig I ever went to (circa 2000) at Nottingham Ice Arena, to this day still the best gig I have ever been to, they were incredible. Unfortunately their last 3-4 albums have all been utter dogshit and they have pretty much turned their back on their old stuff and rarely play their classics at gigs anymore

Recon I was at that gig as well, Hoobastank and some utter shite called 311 supporting?

Just paid £200 for a ticket to watch NIN at the Royal Albert Hall, anyone need a kidney?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Recon I was at that gig as well, Hoobastank and some utter shite called 311 supporting?

Yeah man! Remember making fun of Hoobastank because of their name but they were pretty good. Did a couple of good singles then pretty much vanished.

Don't know why 311 were on the bill, they were fvcking dreadful. Basically Limp Bizkit and UB40 mashed together to form one massive disgusting turd.

Just now, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Yeah man! Remember making fun of Hoobastank because of their name but they were pretty good. Did a couple of good singles then pretty much vanished.

Don't know why 311 were on the bill, they were fvcking dreadful. Basically Limp Bizkit and UB40 mashed together to form one massive disgusting turd.

We missed Hoobastank but they are decent, their second album got huge in the states because they basically turned into a boy band.

Good times, like you say Incubus went shite after, saw them at Reading or Leeds the year after and they played all of their new stuff.

21 hours ago, Dr Marco said:

got tickets for the Libertines at Royal Albert Hall on June 17th (Meltdown Festival)

Just a quick heads up it’s at the Royal Festival Hall not the Royal Albert Hall in case you turned up at the Albert Hall and wondered why it said Alfie boe was on or something.

4 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Just paid £200 for a ticket to watch NIN at the Royal Albert Hall, anyone need a kidney?

Me to, not hoobastank but NIN at the Albert Hall although I didn’t pay that much 

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

Just a quick heads up it’s at the Royal Festival Hall not the Royal Albert Hall in case you turned up at the Albert Hall and wondered why it said Alfie boe was on or something.

Me to, not hoobastank but NIN at the Albert Hall although I didn’t pay that much 

They are playing both....

4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Bloc Party have announced they're going to play Silent Alarm in full on tour this October. Tempted to go for tickets but not sure it'd be the same without the original line-up though.

Exactly how I feel. Way back I saw them at De Montfort when they were touring the album the first time around, It was a great show.

Edited by baker11
  • Like 1

On 16/03/2018 at 14:16, Costock_Fox said:

That's, well that's just mental. Why £200? Did you bid for a concert night with David Hasselhoff or something? NIN are sh*t hot live though I must admit. Well done for that sir.

1 hour ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

That's, well that's just mental. Why £200? Did you bid for a concert night with David Hasselhoff or something? NIN are sh*t hot live though I must admit. Well done for that sir.

The official sale ones sold out so I had to buy them from a resale site and yep, they are incredible live and it’s a fantastic venue so thought I would go for it.

To be honest face value were about £85.

Miles Kane announces tour. I'm tempted with the Leadmill with it only being down the road for me.

May
23 Carlisle, The Brickyard
24 Stoke, The Sugarmill
25 Coventry, Kasbah
28 London, The Moth Club
29 London, The Moth Club
30 Sheffield, The Leadmill

June
1 Northampton, Roadmender
2 Oxford, O2 Academy
22 Cambridge, Cambridge Junction
23 Newcastle, Riverside