Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

On 21/06/2018 at 19:56, Fox92 said:

Bit disappointed with Sympathy For The Devil because the guitar solo in the song is my favourite and one of the best of all time but I couldn't really hear it. 

Glad you enjoyed it. Seeng the Stones these days is a bit like seeing the Royal Family. A rather meaningless anachronism - but a British institution and tourist curiosity nonetheless. Be thankful for that. They don't play well anymore, the tempo is ponderous due to Keef's arthritis and Ronnie Wood's guitar playing has got exponentially worse over the years. His solo break on Tumblin' Dice at the Ricoh sounded like he'd fallen off stage.

They've never produced the lead of "Sympathy for the Devil" live like it is on "Beggars Banquet".

On 21/06/2018 at 19:56, Fox92 said:

I don't know how Jagger runs up and down the stage like a teenager though. He's 74 and had so much drugs, alcohol and cigarettes throughout his life. 

He hasn't though. Jagger never did anything heavy other than the obligatory bit of draw in the 60s (which set a precedence after the Redlands bust), and the cocaine usage through the late seventies. He gave up smoking cigarettes in the early eighties. He was always too much of an astute businessman to allow such indulgences to interfere with making money and held the band together through the heavy heroin years of the 1970s. 

Saw the Stones in 1982 at Roundhay Park in Leeds the last date on the 81-82 World Tour, because most thought it would be their last ever appearance. Incredible when you think about it. Then saw them thirty one years later at Hyde Park. Only went to that because the tour featured the return of Mick Taylor. Criminally under appreciated throughout the history of the band.

They'll never sound like this again...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oakman said:

Going to go later than planned due to the football. As long as I see Slowdive, Editors, Interpol and The Cure, I'll be happy.

SATURDAY JULY 7 – THE CURE

GREAT OAK STAGE

The Cure – 20.20

Interpol – 18.35

Goldfrapp – 17.25

Editors – 16.00

Slowdive – 14.50

Pale Waves – 13.50

BARCLAYCARD STAGE

Ride – 19.35

Lisa Hannigan – 18.05

The Twilight Sad – 16.45

This Will Destroy You – 15.30

SUMMER STAGE

Kaelan Mikla – 16.45

Kathryn Joseph – 16.00

PG Lost – 15.30

1 minute ago, Dr Marco said:

SATURDAY JULY 7 – THE CURE

GREAT OAK STAGE

The Cure – 20.20

Interpol – 18.35

Goldfrapp – 17.25

Editors – 16.00

Slowdive – 14.50

Pale Waves – 13.50

BARCLAYCARD STAGE

Ride – 19.35

Lisa Hannigan – 18.05

The Twilight Sad – 16.45

This Will Destroy You – 15.30

SUMMER STAGE

Kaelan Mikla – 16.45

Kathryn Joseph – 16.00

PG Lost – 15.30

If only Goldfrapp and Editors would switch sets. As there's no re-entry during the day, do you reckon they'll show the match inside? I rember they had big screens for the bands when I saw Sabbath there a while back.

Garbage    Brixton

Gary Numan  Cardiff

Killing Joke  Bristol

Therapy?    Cardiff

The Chameleons  Cardiff

However I'm jealous of Dr Marco seeing Interpol and The Cure    :cry:

Ps: and the Editors

Edited by Chico1958
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...