Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What floats my boat.....

I'm loving half term, and the lack of traffic on the roads. :thumbsup:

Yeah, that pickles my gherkin.

I'm also enjoying the fact I've discovered i-player and 4od around 5 years after the rest of the world and can watch stuff which I don't really want to watch but at least when I want to watch it, rather than when I can't watch it, although I wouldn't and don't watch it anyway. It's nice to know I could.

Never again will I unnecessarily miss location, location, relocation hunt or move to the country.

Yeah, that pickles my gherkin.

I'm also enjoying the fact I've discovered i-player and 4od around 5 years after the rest of the world and can watch stuff which I don't really want to watch but at least when I want to watch it, rather than when I can't watch it, although I wouldn't and don't watch it anyway. It's nice to know I could.

Never again will I unnecessarily miss location, location, relocation hunt or move to the country.

I have recently found a way to download I-Player programs onto my I-Pod, which not only makes me happy but makes my journey to work a lot less boring.

Combine this with the reduction in half-term traffic and this week has really been a winner!

Please tell me!

Download your program from I-Player using 'download to portable device'.

Once on your comp you need to remove the Digital Rights with any DRM removal software - i use FairUseForWM, which you can pay for or, like me, just keep hunting around until you find someone who is sharing it online.

Once you've removed the DR then all you need to do is convert to MPEG - i use a program i downloaded for free from http://www.dvdvideosoft.com (they also do a youtube to MPEG convertor, so i can steal all my fav music videos from You Tube and get them on my I-Pod).

Sounds a little long winded but there's nothing better than watching Antique's Roadshow stuck on the M1 first thing on a Monday morning.

One thing I don't like about Half term is that the pesky kids loiter around town and when you're in Birmingham, that's a lot of kids roaming around! They make the place really busy and they aren't even doing anything apart from getting in my way!!

One thing I don't like about Half term is that the pesky kids loiter around town and when you're in Birmingham, that's a lot of kids roaming around! They make the place really busy and they aren't even doing anything apart from getting in my way!!

That is not for this thread. Stick it here.

This is a place for good things, for nice things. There will be no grumpiness here.

wrong thread Hitesh :whistle::giggle:

And, on a positive note,

my banana cake turned out quite OK actually :)

Edited by cisono

I was told today I'd need to spend an additonal £120 on top of the £55 they were charging for my cars new back box, as they had discovered 2 defective tyres on my car (which I knew about... they were borderline). I told them, "no thanks, just the exhaust please."

I then went to a scrapyard, got a new (used) wheel to replace the one that my wife had kerbed badly in the icey weather. The guy took the perfectly good tyre off the kerbed wheel and put it one the new (used) wheel and I then replaced that with the tyre that was slightly low on the outer edge (obviously badly balanced - it was the spare that had gone on to replace the one that had been damaged) so that one went back to being the spare. Then he replaced the almost new tyre that had a chunk missing out of the sidewall (more dangerous in my opinion) and replaced it with an almost new tyre that had come off a scrapped car.

The cost? £40. I saved myself £80!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Back of the net!

That is not for this thread. Stick it here.

This is a place for good things, for nice things. There will be no grumpiness here.

Haha you got told!!!