Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

At the minute im using the touch screen LG Viewty but im not really that fond of it so its going to the wife and ive ordered the BlackBerry Curve 8900. *Arrives tomorrow*

So i keen for anyone with a BlackBerry Curve 8900 to give me the lowdown on what its like.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Righty, I was wondering if you FTers can help me. My contract is running out soon and I'm trying to figure out which new phone to get. I am looking to spend £30-£35 a month on contract but my main issue is which phone to get. I do text and call quite a bit and I'm not too fussed about a camera or a walkman. I do have a SE K850i atm and I like it so I could just stick with it. But I have been looking at the iPhone and love the fact you can browse the web etc. So I have seen the new C905, N96, Samsung Pixon and LG Renoir but not sure which is best. I have also seen the TMobile Google Phone but not so sure about that. Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone recently got a new phone??

Righty, I was wondering if you FTers can help me. My contract is running out soon and I'm trying to figure out which new phone to get. I am looking to spend £30-£35 a month on contract but my main issue is which phone to get. I do text and call quite a bit and I'm not too fussed about a camera or a walkman. I do have a SE K850i atm and I like it so I could just stick with it. But I have been looking at the iPhone and love the fact you can browse the web etc. So I have seen the new C905, N96, Samsung Pixon and LG Renoir but not sure which is best. I have also seen the TMobile Google Phone but not so sure about that. Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone recently got a new phone??

Hi Hitesh :)

Strangely enough, I am in the same situation. And I do like my Sony Ericssons too.

I would like to have a multifunctional phone but I don't like the idea of a 3G transmitter in my pocket or near my brain, though!

[sorry if that doesn't help you in your choice :giggle: ]

Iphone

£35

500 texts.

600 minutes.

unlimited browsing.

Get it...

I have a Blackberry Storm. I've no idea how to use half of it yet. It does tell me when I get a Facebook notification though. That's nice.

Yeah, I saw that phone in a good deal with Orange and I can get it free as an upgrade as I'm with them already. Just not sure if I would use half the stuff on there and the other thing about Orange is that they don't include unlimited browsing in the contract which is annoying! TMobile and 02 offer it which is tempting me to leave Orange. But on the other hand I have a good deal with Orange at the moment. Which network are you on??

Yeah, I saw that phone in a good deal with Orange and I can get it free as an upgrade as I'm with them already. Just not sure if I would use half the stuff on there and the other thing about Orange is that they don't include unlimited browsing in the contract which is annoying! TMobile and 02 offer it which is tempting me to leave Orange. But on the other hand I have a good deal with Orange at the moment. Which network are you on??

I'm on Vodafone because the Blackberry Storm is exclusive to Vodafone. Not sure which phone you were looking at!

Iphone

£35

500 texts.

600 minutes.

unlimited browsing.

Get it...

I'm thinking of getting that. Does any other provider offer a similar deal? Possibly a free phone? (I don't fancy paying £45 a month) I can't see anything on the web.

I'm thinking of getting that. Does any other provider offer a similar deal? Possibly a free phone? (I don't fancy paying £45 a month) I can't see anything on the web.

I got the phone from carphone warehouse.... if you join up to quidco and go through the CPW link you get £60 back from them . http://www.quidco.com/carphone-warehouse/

So the contract is £34.26 and the phone is £96.89 or £36.89 with the cash back. (New vat rate means it's a bit cheaper)

I'm on Vodafone because the Blackberry Storm is exclusive to Vodafone. Not sure which phone you were looking at!

Might have been a different phone then! Def was a Blackberry though. What are the data charges on Vodafone like or is it included in the contract?

Or you can get a Samsung i900 Omnia, which is Windows Mobile, free on a cheaper contract, if you're prepared to look around, then add a data tariff, and it still comes out cheaper than the iphone.

The other half has a load of software that makes the interface very similar to the iphone.

I am tempted when my contract runs out at the end of the month.

Might have been a different phone then! Def was a Blackberry though. What are the data charges on Vodafone like or is it included in the contract?

No idea, I'm on a Vodafone staff deal! Just had a look though and for £40 a month you get 600 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited mobile internet. The phone's free too