Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

Any REALLY cheapo deals on pay as you go.

Im with Tesco Mobile(5p texts and the ability to give my mates missed calls so they ring me back!!!) :whistle:

Oi Alex...can you port numbers across when you are onlyon PAYG?

And can YOU get me a cheap (ie FREE) nice sexy phone please?

Yeah, I saw that phone in a good deal with Orange and I can get it free as an upgrade as I'm with them already. Just not sure if I would use half the stuff on there and the other thing about Orange is that they don't include unlimited browsing in the contract which is annoying! TMobile and 02 offer it which is tempting me to leave Orange. But on the other hand I have a good deal with Orange at the moment. Which network are you on??

Ask for it when you go to upgrade.

If they say no, say O2 can give it me so can i have my pak code. and they will start to offer you better deals.

Iphone

Loads of free apps, free internet, 16gb iPod

white-iphone-3g.jpg

I simply don't understand why everyone doesn't have one. It's white sex on a stick. Mention Windows to me as a recommendation for anything and I will laugh soundly.

As Babs said:

Get it...

white-iphone-3g.jpg

I simply don't understand why everyone doesn't have one. It's white sex on a stick. Mention Windows to me as a recommendation for anything and I will laugh soundly.

As Babs said:

sexy phone :thumbup:

Is it wierd that I have never owned a mobile phone?

Well done that man.I reluctantly bought one some years ago after I broke down in the countryside and had to walk miles to ring the RAC.

I make very occasional calls on mine now and again. £10 credit on pay as you go can last for years.

PS I don't know how to text either.

white-iphone-3g.jpg

As Babs said:

Because I can get a Storm for free, with a much better contract for at least £10 a month less (depending on what iPhone contract you have) :thumbup:

So much easier to type on...

Because I can get a Storm for free, with a much better contract for at least £10 a month less (depending on what iPhone contract you have) :thumbup:

So much easier to type on...

Doesn't matter.

Your phone is as cool as Manpa's.

I'm going to hold mine again and press it to my thigh.

Nobody does it better

Makes me feel sad for the rest

Nobody does it half as good as you

Baby, you're the best

I wasn't lookin' but somehow you found me

It tried to hide from your love light

But like heaven above me

The iPhone who loved me

Is keepin' all my secrets safe tonight

Lisa's pragmatism or Dave's enthusiam? Decisions, decisions...

It's really Carl's pragmatism, however paying less than £35 a month, and not having to fork out for the phone as well is very tempting.

Well done that man.I reluctantly bought one some years ago after I broke down in the countryside and had to walk miles to ring the RAC.

I make very occasional calls on mine now and again. £10 credit on pay as you go can last for years.

PS I don't know how to text either.

I haven't deliberately not purchased one, but I have never felt the need to get one. If I'm out in the car or shopping or eating a meal I dont really want to talk on the phone, I can see the use for emergencies but I doubt I'll ever get one.

I do feel left out the loop sometimes, now even my 8 year old niece has one and she knows more about mobile phones than I do.

Edited by purpleronnie

It's really Carl's pragmatism, however paying less than £35 a month, and not having to fork out for the phone as well is very tempting.

It is indeed. I will need to have a look at what's about as I'm fed up with my phone and price plan now. :thumbup:

That's about the only thing that annoys me... very difficult to type if you are moving!!

The Storm has a touch screen that actually clicks in, so if you accidentally brush the worng letter (that I do all the time) then it doesn't type it unless you click it down. Very useful. It's also got an awesome typing mode thing when you hold it in a portrait fashion.

Doesn't matter.

Your phone is as cool as Manpa's.

I'm going to hold mine again and press it to my thigh.

Fair point

Didn't want to start a new thread for this but I just wanted to know something.

How many people are on contract and how do you rate it?

Fed up with topping up £40-odd a month when I could get unlimited texts for £30.

Might make the switch but I need opinions first. :thumbup:

Contract is by far the sensible thing. For £45 a monthyou can get an iPhone for free with 1200 texts and 600 minutes (600 texts and £99 for the phone at £35 a month) or for £40 a month you can get a free Blackberry storm, free unlimited texts and 600 minutes. Couple this with a fee upgrade every 18 months and it seems pointless having a PAYG phone if you're spending that much.

I've just looked on my account for the first time in years and my contract expired in 2005. Bloody hell. I did ring them up earlier (T-Mobile) and they said I need to give 30 days notice. Shall I arrange a new phone first before cancellation or not? I'm not familiar with this seeing as I've been playing in to their hands for years by not bothering them for an upgrade/better contract. I've looked at their upgrade offers, and from what I can gather, it looks a bit shit. I'd also like to keep the same number as well. I don't know how smooth/complicated this will be.

Contract is by far the sensible thing. For £45 a monthyou can get an iPhone for free with 1200 texts and 600 minutes (600 texts and £99 for the phone at £35 a month) or for £40 a month you can get a free Blackberry storm, free unlimited texts and 600 minutes. Couple this with a fee upgrade every 18 months and it seems pointless having a PAYG phone if you're spending that much.

Thanks dear. :thumbup:

I've just looked on my account for the first time in years and my contract expired in 2005. Bloody hell. I did ring them up earlier (T-Mobile) and they said I need to give 30 days notice. Shall I arrange a new phone first before cancellation or not? I'm not familiar with this seeing as I've been playing in to their hands for years by not bothering them for an upgrade/better contract. I've looked at their upgrade offers, and from what I can gather, it looks a bit shit. I'd also like to keep the same number as well. I don't know how smooth/complicated this will be.

If you transfer your number the provider you move to will do all that, plus you don't have to let everyone know of your number change. All you need from your current provider is your PAC code... which you give to whoever you move to and tell them you want to port your number.

I ordered my iphone from CPW on a monday... it had arrived by 10am Tuesday... they had transferred my number from 3 on the Wednesday and cancelled my contract that day.

Best service I have ever received!!! Hardest part was getting my PAC code out of the people at 3's call centre at india. Took 40 minutes on the phone and me threatening to take them to court. (They were with holding the PAC code against my wishes)

If you want to keep your number you need to call them and request your PAC code, you give this to the supplier of your new phone and they port your number, once you apply the PAC code your old contract is cancelled.