Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lillehamring

can't we scrap the bandwidth blackhole that is....

Does posting youtube videos have an effect? Ive stopped posting as many as I used to in recent weeks. I only do because other people do and no one seems to have mentioned it but if it is causing a problem I shall cease.

Does posting youtube videos have an effect? Ive stopped posting as many as I used to in recent weeks. I only do because other people do and no one seems to have mentioned it but if it is causing a problem I shall cease.

Ask El-Empty.

El-Empty is YouTube.

Would likely cost a bit to set up so I can't see it happening - and would likely take up bandwidth.

I don't have a problem with the Listening Now? thread. It's frequently rubbish but it sparks the odd conversation. At the end of the day if you don't like it, don't read it? :unsure:

fair enough - i wasn't trying to be a nazi, it just seemed to be excessively large compared to the amount of people who actually use it :thumbup:

my avatar suggestion was just another field below 'where are you from', which i figure wouldn't cost anything - althoug a live link to gracenote or something would truly be sexy....

I like it - perhaps I'm just nosey?! :P

I genuinely find it interesting seeing what other people are listening to. It'll often remind me of something I've not heard for ages and I'll then go and 'rediscover' it again. If that makes me dull, so be it - I'm not gonna disagree. :cool:

Radical thought - if you don't like reading it, then don't. :dunno:

:D

I genuinely find it interesting seeing what other people are listening to. It'll often remind me of something I've not heard for ages and I'll then go and 'rediscover' it again. If that makes me dull, so be it - I'm not gonna disagree. :cool:

What a daft suggestion! :D

Who gives a fuck what I've got to say?

Who knows?

Moderation abuse is brilliant.

Yes, yes it is.

Spot on.

:blush:
Would likely cost a bit to set up so I can't see it happening - and would likely take up bandwidth.

I don't have a problem with the Listening Now? thread. It's frequently rubbish but it sparks the odd conversation. At the end of the day if you don't like it, don't read it? :unsure:

And that's just the 2nd version. :P

I like it.

It (surprisingly) tells me what people are listening to.

You're all dullards!

Erm... don't read it?

Yes, I am the main offender for that thread, and I genuinely see nothing wrong with it. I've got some good heads up on music in the past from there, it's not totally useless.

Erm... don't read it?

I don't read it. it doesn't mean that I can't have an opinion on it. I don't read the Daily Mail, am I not allowed an opinion on that? I don't watch the monumental guff that is Eastenders, can I not have an opinion on that? The point is even more moot when you realise that Valerenga started it through concern about the bandwith, with an alternative suggestion. Me not reading that thread isn't going to alter the amount of bandwith it uses because I don't bloody go in there anyway.

This isn't aimed just at you Joe, you're just the latest to say "don't read it" :thumbup:

Shame to see it has gone - not because of my own amount of posts in there, but mostly it did indeed give me some good hints as to what new/old music to check out.

The new one's alright.

And yes, if you're not interested, why bother discussing a thread that doesn't interest you? :dunno:

Shame to see it has gone - not because of my own amount of posts in there, but mostly it did indeed give me some good hints as to what new/old music to check out.

The new one's alright.

And yes, if you're not interested, why bother discussing a thread that doesn't interest you? :dunno:

I am interested. I have a vested interest in disliking it. Are you honestly saying that you don't ever talk about anything you don't like?

Don't get me started on the billions of other threads like "How was your day?", "What colour socks are you wearing?" and "What are you typing right now?". Grrrr.

The new one's alright.

Has it actually been physically deleted or just moved to the archive? Or simply soft deleted (mods can still see it but not normal users)

Has it actually been physically deleted or just moved to the archive? Or simply soft deleted (mods can still see it but not normal users)

I sure hope it hasn't been deleted. I want to see what lildave3 was listening to on an August evening two years ago.

Archived