Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

What are you listening to?

U2 were always around my world, but i just never "got" them.. to the point i actually disliked their stuff.... then yesterday i heard a live track and for the first time thought... wow they are pretty good.

Are there any U2 fans on here, which is the best live album?

Cheers

On 11/04/2017 at 15:05, ozleicester said:

U2 were always around my world, but i just never "got" them.. to the point i actually disliked their stuff.... then yesterday i heard a live track and for the first time thought... wow they are pretty good.

Are there any U2 fans on here, which is the best live album?

Cheers

My favourite at the the time:

Under a Blood Red Sky............ It was just before they got massive.... stand out track Sunday Bloody Sunday and New Years Day only 30 miutes long though

Studio Album......Achtung Baby

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

Under a Blood Red Sky............ It was just before they got massive.... stand out track Sunday Bloody Sunday and New Years Day only 30 miutes long though

Thanks.. interesting that... Sunday Bloody Sunday was one of the very few i quite liked way back when.

1 minute ago, ozleicester said:

Thanks.. interesting that... Sunday Bloody Sunday was one of the very few i quite liked way back when.

Check out both albums ............... I saw them three time once before they got famous then twice at Cardiff Arms Park Joshua Tree and Zooropa Tours

Then they got up their own backsides and I let it go...... In all honesty they released some good tracks

• Like 1

So Im listening to a bit more Greenday with the concert coming up.... and much as i hero worship John Lennon, I think that this is even better than his version!

Edited by ozleicester

Just rediscovered Placebo and IAMX

Found a couple of CDs........... Remember them, at the bottom of a pile.

Forgot how much I liked the Sneaker Pimps and IAMX just took it to another level

Saw them in 2007, put on a good show........ if you like synths then you might like IAMX....... No promises though

On Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 10:09, Chico1958 said:

My two favourite U2 songs. Did like With or without you too 

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

My two favourite U2 songs. Did like With or without you too 

If you liked U2 their was a Manchester band around about the same time called The Chameleons later known as Chameleons Vox or UK

First two or three albums were superb, stand out tracks Less the Human, Monkeyland, Don't Fall but the whole lot were good.

Vocals were weaker than Bono, musicaly on par.......... a very underated band    :thumbup: 

Edited by Chico1958
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2017 at 19:22, purpleronnie said:

Remember them??  They are still making cd's you know.;)

Anyway been listening to Paul; Simon's last few albums, so great, such a melodic singer.

Just listening to a live track now.. he is a joy. :)

We saw him many years ago (late 80s) and he was the most boring performer ever... but the voice and the music in general :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Just listening to a live track now.. he is a joy. :)

We saw him many years ago (late 80s) and he was the most boring performer ever... but the voice and the music in general :)

Yeah if its a high energy performance you're after then I'd give him a miss, but if you want to hear one of the best voices singing some of the most beautiful songs then check him out, saw him last year and he is as you say a joy.

• Like 1

After watching Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 today, I will now mostly be listening to the brilliant soundtrack. The best song being this...

• Like 1