Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

What are you listening to?

A friend gave me a copy of The War on Drugs, Lost in a Dream last week and I really like it. Apparently it received widespread critical acclaim when it was released in 2014. I'd never heard of them but I am stuck in a bit of a musical timewarp.

27 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

A friend gave me a copy of The War on Drugs, Lost in a Dream last week and I really like it. Apparently it received widespread critical acclaim when it was released in 2014. I'd never heard of them but I am stuck in a bit of a musical timewarp.

I have a couple of their albums, always looking for new stuff to add to my collection but I'm picky on what makes it, and both albums did.

You should check out their a deeper understanding album too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I have a couple of their albums, always looking for new stuff to add to my collection but I'm picky on what makes it, and both albums did.

You should check out their a deeper understanding album too.

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a go and let you know what I think :thumbup:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, onekeithweller said:

The original Fleetwood Mac were so bluesy. So different from what they became after the West coast influence of Buckingham and Nicks. Though I did like both.

Oh Well is a great track. I saw Peter Green with his Splinter group in a small hotel in Aberdeen in the 90's. Sadly, his guitar playing was pretty inconsistent. A troubled man if ever there was one.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

The original Fleetwood Mac were so bluesy. So different from what they became after the West coast influence of Buckingham and Nicks. Though I did like both.

Oh Well is a great track. I saw Peter Green with his Splinter group in a small hotel in Aberdeen in the 90's. Sadly, his guitar playing was pretty inconsistent. A troubled man if ever there was one.

Yes its a sad story but thankful for the brilliance that was. Listening to The End of the Game now. Windows give me the blues!

• Like 1

On 12/08/2018 at 10:24, Dr Marco said:

Was listening to the original all day yesterday as has always been one of my favourite beach Boys songs, so beautiful.  Don't think this is anywhere near as heartbreakingly beautiful as their version but an interesting take, thanks.  X

• Like 1

Still listening to Guns N Roses, looking forward to watching UK Guns N Roses at Y Theatre Leicester in a couple of weeks. You can win free tickets to the show by entering their competition

https://www.facebook.com/ukgnr/videos/vl.281824065652640/1927043337560915/?type=1 

http://bit.ly/YTheatreComp