Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

What are you listening to?

19 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

IsaacGracie_Album_1500x1500.jpeg.e6269dc175cf1d663bd7d095767adca0.jpeg

On a serious note I had never heard of him so just gave him a listen.  Clearly talented and his songs sound "nice" but to me it just sounds like some of the slower 90s indie (JJ72 or Gene) and has very little "passion".  I hate it when older folk bash new music or say "it was better in my day" because usually they are just out of touch and jealous of young folk so I will make no sweeping statements about the quality of modern music as there is probably loads of good stuff out there and bands like Young Fathers are making some of the best music I have heard in years but I do have one slight issue with a lot of newer music and it is the kind of affected way in which lots of people now seem to sing.  I am not clever enough to define it but there seems to be a way of singing that everyone now emulates.  Every new singer songwriter and every single busker I see do it and it is weird.  

Yes, I am an old miserable fart.  What I really want is for new music to scare the sh1t of of me and make me feel old and useless.  I wish something would come along to blow everything away and shake things up but a lot of it seems a little too nice.  I would love to fvcking hate new music as that is what it should be like but instead I just "don't mind it" and I find blandness in music so depressing.  X

Edited by RumbleFox

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

On a serious note I had never heard of him so just gave him a listen.  Clearly talented and his songs sound "nice" but to me it just sounds like some of the slower 90s indie (JJ72 or Gene) and has very little "passion".  I hate it when older folk bash new music or say "it was better in my day" because usually they are just out of touch and jealous of young folk so I will make no sweeping statements about the quality of modern music as there is probably loads of good stuff out there and bands like Young Fathers are making some of the best music I have heard in years but I do have one slight issue with a lot of newer music and it is the kind of affected way in which lots of people now seem to sing.  I am not clever enough to define it but there seems to be a way of singing that everyone now emulates.  Every new singer songwriter and every single busker I see do it and it is weird.  

Yes, I am an old miserable fart.  What I really want is fo new music to scare the sh1t of of me and make me feel old and useless.  I wish something would come along to blow everything away and shake things up but a lot of it seems a little too nice.  I would love to fvcking hate new music as that is what it should be like to I just don't mind it and I find blandness in music so depressing.  X

Yeah, that's all very well but music was better in my day. ;)

• Like 1